test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Infant gorilla audio is mega annoying

aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
edited May 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Just my opinion, but this is the feedback section after all. A few weeks ago I bought an Infant gorilla for one of my alts, mainly because it had all ring slots and I also like augment companions. Well I have been running around with it long enough now to have formed an opinion on it, and that is the screaming is doing my head in, it is mega annoying and I am going to have to change it out for another conpanion, probably the Black Dragon Ioun Stone which also has all ring slots. If it just had a facility to turn down the audio, or to turn off the screaming, because the other noises it makes are perfectly fine and the gorilla itself is very cute, but the screaming is a deal-breaker for me, it also seems to multi-track the screams at times over each other which makes it even worse. I doubt you will ever change the screams on this thing so I will not request that you do so, but I do want to make it known that I personally have found this constant screaming so unpleasant that I feel forced to stop using it. It is like nails down a chalkboard. Cheers.

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    We should start a thread on the most annoying game sounds.

- Infant gorilla
    - Shadowclad enchantment
    - Lizardfolk shaman
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    volkihar#6493 volkihar Member Posts: 36 Arc User
    I remember the times of the Manticore companion roar audio...And they fixed it. I hope they fix the Gorilla.
  • Options
    rifter1969rifter1969 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 516 Arc User
    What about the Apprentice Healer? Remember going to Sharandar and having his dialogue repeat over and over?
  • Options
    snuts74snuts74 Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 25 Cryptic Developer
    aganway said:

Just my opinion, but this is the feedback section after all. A few weeks ago I bought an Infant gorilla for one of my alts, mainly because it had all ring slots and I also like augment companions. Well I have been running around with it long enough now to have formed an opinion on it, and that is the screaming is doing my head in, it is mega annoying and I am going to have to change it out for another conpanion, probably the Black Dragon Ioun Stone which also has all ring slots. If it just had a facility to turn down the audio, or to turn off the screaming, because the other noises it makes are perfectly fine and the gorilla itself is very cute, but the screaming is a deal-breaker for me, it also seems to multi-track the screams at times over each other which makes it even worse. I doubt you will ever change the screams on this thing so I will not request that you do so, but I do want to make it known that I personally have found this constant screaming so unpleasant that I feel forced to stop using it. It is like nails down a chalkboard. Cheers.

The incessant "screaming" was an unintended result of certain sounds tied to certain animations. This has since been rectified. Enjoy!
  • Options
    gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

We should start a thread on the most annoying game sounds.

- Infant gorilla
    - Shadowclad enchantment
    - Lizardfolk shaman

-the sound of people whining "GF TOO OP NERF"
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    snuts74 said:

aganway said:

The incessant "screaming" was an unintended result of certain sounds tied to certain animations. This has since been rectified. Enjoy!
    Why the quotation marks? It was screaming... "aaaaarrrgghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" It was the only was to describe it.

I noticed it was no longer doing it and I am eternally grateful, as will be many others and their ear drums. Hugs.
  • Options
    urtew3urtew3 Member Posts: 161 Arc User
    what about players shouldn't they not be put on the list for the same reason when they cause nothing but annoying spam?
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    aganway said:

Why the quotation marks? It was screaming... "aaaaarrrgghhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!" It was the only was to describe it.

I noticed it was no longer doing it and I am eternally grateful, as will be many others and their ear drums. Hugs.

Audio folks are pretty particular about what sounds are called :)