test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CC reduction on CC powers used over and over should not exist in pvp

demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
By adding limitation to how CC powers function in pvp you are creating something that will unbalance pvp far worse in the long run.

People will drop cc all together except for items that cc people.

This will leave them to go full power critical, and we all know what happens to a person that is not full power with nerfed cc abilities vs a maxed character.

As a new player or non BIS player, now you have no hope in hell, where before you could hope your cc could handle your opponent as you wore him or her down..

Please remove the CC penalty in pvp...

Thanks

Agree if you feel this is accuracte - please leave your feedback with situational personal input.

LOL if you feel this is inaccurate - please leave your feedback with situational personal input.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!

Comments

• Options
    slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    In addition to what you mentioned. I personally believe the devs should also remove it but for CWs. Every class has some uniqueness to it. Where it be stealth, shield, healing, invulnerable etc. CWs have freezing (more or less) It would allow CWs to actually, you know, control. As of now CWs are just wizards with a handicap. Beyond that certain classes with broken skills dont even have to respect the CC immunity. IF you want to enforce it then make it work for all classes, not all but one class.

If devs truly want a semblance of balance in pvp (especially for new players), then remove all, and I mean all bonus effects from pve gear from pvp. Cursebringer, underdark rings, mane of manticore etc, disable those effects in pvp. Let pvp simply be stats from gear. If pvp is gear stats, enchantments, and class skills/abilities (assuming nothing else is broken) youd have more balance. New players would stand a chance. A 8k item level might not be able to beat a 15k ilvl but could possibly do some type of damage.

A new player entering in dom only to get hit with Cursebringer, Mane and broken TR mechanics is a surefire way to keep people away.

TL;DR: In addition to bringing back CC, they should disable ALL benefits from PVE acquired gear. Let only PVP gear have bonuses. Those two combined should help out pvp in general