test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Quest Path Prioritization and Party Update

We are introducing some changes to how the quest path is chosen, and how you as a player can control it. You can now use the journal to prioritize quests you are eager to tackle, hide quests you never want it lead you to, or just force it to take you to a specific quest. We have also added in some new features to help you coordinate with your party.

Quest Path Priority Update

Changes to help you control your quest path:
  • Forcing quest path now marks the journal, so you can tell if this quest is being forced or if was picked automatically.
  • The “Force Display” journal column is becoming “Priority” which will now interact with both the quest tracker and the quest path.
  • A checkmark now means that the quest tracker and quest path will prefer that quest over those without the checkmark.
  • You may now have any number of quests with a checkmark. (The quest tracker will still only show four quests for PC.)
  • An “X” in the priority column will make sure the quest is never shown in your quest tracker, and is never picked as your quest path.
When no quest path has been forced, a quest path will be picked automatically. We have tried to simplify the rules behind this process to make it easier to predict. Generally, it should get you into the action as fast as possible. It will scan for new nearby objectives when you complete your current objectives, or pick up a new, closer quest. The quest path shouldn’t change on you anymore when you change maps.

Party Questing Update

Changes to help you play with friends:
  • Everyone is now in charge of their own quest path. You can choose what you want to do in a party, even if your leader is doing something else. This also means less bugs involved with sharing quests, or the leader accidentally changing their party member’s journals.
  • Your leader’s quest path is marked in your journal with a crown, so you can still follow along.
  • If you and your party are on the same quests, a new flag will show how many members are on which quests, making it easier for parties to sync up before embarking.
Pictures coming soon. We’re still putting the finishing touches on the icons!

Providing Feedback

Neverwinter is a big game, and we need your help identifying places where this new system may act silly. Different players have different styles, and different expectations about which quests should come next in a session, but our goal is to create a system that makes sense, feels consistent, and can be easily tailored. All feedback is welcome. If you find the quest path doing something strange, a screenshot featuring your quest journal would help us in tracking down the problem.

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: When attempting the Little God's quest, the quest path leads me back and forth through a door.

Feedback: I wish the quest path always changed when I picked up a new quest.

Comments

• zeoc#8336 zeoc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I am on Xbox and wish to ask can you add a feature on the consoles that allows for All quests to be marked as "Do not display" at once like the minimise all button you added?
    also to have an option to allow the quest path to be permanently turned off?

It will have to be optional as not everyone has different wants but I and several from my guild would really like that feature.

Otherwise I am really liking all the features you are adding with Mod 14.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Note sure if the round crayon circle around selected quests is part of this, but if it is, I think it looks a bit cheesy - and not really sure what the point is since the pencil icon is already colorized.
  • rlesterdev#1958 rlesterdev Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 3 Cryptic Developer

Note sure if the round crayon circle around selected quests is part of this, but if it is, I think it looks a bit cheesy - and not really sure what the point is since the pencil icon is already colorized.

The circle means that this quest is currently forced as quest path. Previously it wasn't marked when you had forced the quest path, as opposed to when it was selected automatically.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    > @zeoc#8336 said:
    > ...also to have an option to allow the quest path to be permanently turned off?

That option already exists in the game options, called something like "Show quest path".
  • zeoc#8336 zeoc Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    miasmat said:

> @zeoc#8336 said:

> ...also to have an option to allow the quest path to be permanently turned off?

That option already exists in the game options, called something like "Show quest path".

I am aware that the PC build has it but on consoles, there is no option like that. Either it is bugged for us or it was never added to the console build. This is one of 2x nice features that PC players have the console players do not (other is the Set loot mode to "leader decides")
  • tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    A common issue is that, when a quest is completed in the current area, a quest for a different area is automatically selected. For example, when completing a quest in the EE zones (this module, on an old toon I dusted off), after each quest was completed, the quest tracker wanted to send me to Dread Ring, even though I still had other quests in the current area.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

A common issue is that, when a quest is completed in the current area, a quest for a different area is automatically selected. For example, when completing a quest in the EE zones (this module, on an old toon I dusted off), after each quest was completed, the quest tracker wanted to send me to Dread Ring, even though I still had other quests in the current area.

This happens all the time on Xbox. You finish the quest and follow the trail to the next part, only to be taken to the exit.
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    It does that in the new zone too. I was doing the alpha dire wolf quest, and it kept trying to send me to Omu, even after I prioritized the quest. I had to keep putting it as my quest path after I killed each dire wolf.
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User
    This will be a fantastic feature if they can get it all worked out. I'm looking forward to using this on live.
  • burke2589burke2589 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I don’t know if I’m supposed to ask this here but how do I turn off the sparkles without turning off a quest? It’s really annoying.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,092 Arc User
    burke2589 said:

I don’t know if I’m supposed to ask this here but how do I turn off the sparkles without turning off a quest? It’s really annoying.

Press Z to turn off/on the fairy light trail.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • burke2589burke2589 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Sorry on PS4
This discussion has been closed.