test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Bonding Runestones Broken on Latest Preview Patch

rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
This bug only came around during the latest preview patch (NW.100.20180514A.2).

Bug: Bonding Runestones will not proc, despite pets clearly attacking enemies and the pet clearly being equipped with Bonding runestones.

Given how many players rely on Bonding runestones, the dev team needs to fixed as soon as possible, lest you have a ton of unhappy players.

Here is a video that showcases the bug:

https://youtu.be/ziN1-RoqgW8

(Yeah yeah my internet upload speed is slow, sue me. It'll pop up Soon[tm])

To reproduce:

1. Take any Bonding Runestone(s) of any quality.
2. Equip on Pet.
3. Go find a training dummy or any enemies.
4. Take note of stats.
5. Attack/trigger combat.
6. Check stats and check the buffbar. The buffbar will not display the usual Bonding Runestone procs and there will be no stats transferred.

Comments

• cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    On a related note, something is messed up with augment companions - the stats they are getting from gear is only about 25% of what it should be. My owlbear cub *should* have been adding 3000 Recovery, but was adding only 750 (just using the one stat as an example).
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    Confirm. Tested on PTR. Boundings broken. No buffs at all.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    So....the Devs are aware of this bug?
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    It is not just bonding runestones. All enchantments are broken. The weapon/armor enchantments do nothing, and the regular enchantments (Radiant, etc.) only give 1/4th their normal value.
  • fasolake98#9564 fasolake98 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    What ? hahah then , what you will test ? if nothing rlly work ... lol nice joke buddy.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    Can't wait to see what will happen when this build hits the live server unchanged.

I'll go buy a couple beers and a bag of crisps for the occasion.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    While the game would probably be better off without bondings and augments, it wouldn't be better off without players...

While people threaten that at every change, leaving this as is would likely be too much for most to bear.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited June 2018
    They are aware of the bug. That being said, many of them are away at Stream of Many Eyes this weekend. I'll forward the thread again on Monday anyway.\

Small edit - they are going to try to have the bug fixed with next preview build, which more than likely won't be until Friday.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    As of the latest preview build this is still a bug.
  • handrsparkhandrspark Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Tested during the weekend after the stream and stills broken, I'll test today(it will still be broken)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I'll follow up today!
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    So, almost a month later and it's still not working right? kek
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

They should be as of the June 8th build. Is this not the case?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    edited June 2018
    kreatyve said:

They should be as of the June 8th build. Is this not the case?
    Companions haven't given the correct stats to players for several updates now.

100...a.1 was the first update (the very first mod14 patch i think) where bondings were working same as live.
    100...a.0 was when Bonding Runestones Didn't proc and Weapon/Armour enchants didn't work.
    100...a.2 was either a week or two weeks ago and brought us the level scaling changes which players currently believe to be the reason why augments and etc are giving wildly wrong stats.
    100...a.4 is the latest patch which, same as a.2, we don't have any solid patch notes for yet. This is the latest build and companions are still granting incorrect stats.

I think what gromovnipljesak#8234 is making reference to is a general frustration shared by most playtesters on the general bugginess of this module, but more frustratingly, the lack of patch notes that so often grant clarity as to why certain bugs exist.

It would be nice, at the very least, if players and playtesters could get a full breakdown of the changes coming to live tomorrow at least then the focus on bug reporting can be narrowed down to what the main issues are - right now I'm pretty sure most people are just plain confused.