test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Remove Piercing Damage From the Game

heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
edited May 2018 in PvP Discussion
i have recently started to pvp and i quickly notice that there is so much imbalance in this game specially with classes like TR even at low gear level without much in them overperform by huge margin compared to others or how paladins are hard to kill and buff themselves like crazy.

the topic here is to remove piercing damage from PVP beacause it is not fair that you have to spend millions of AD to gear up character and invest in a stat to play the game then simply comes a FLUFFY low geared player and ignores all that hardwork because of "piercing damage" i really don't see much point in adding this damage to pvp

if i'm wrong someone please correct me.

Do not circumvent the profanity filter.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• brandyn86#3289 brandyn86 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just started PvP about 10 days ago. I feel it is more balanced then Pve. If you aren't built right you will get put down by any class. DC Pallys and GF can be hard to bring down for any class. Hr Tr Cw Sw can be put down with 1 or 2 hits. Just play with your build and learn to play to your strengths. When I first started I felt like Hr were the weak link and would go after them but I've ran into some good one now that have put me down. And for new players like us alot of these other guys have been doing this for years and have the advantage.
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

So TRs suck for the most part in PVE and PVP they are a good class so let's nerf that too? Yes TRs are really good in PVP, and every other class can be just as good. Is this really about imbalance or just sour grapes about some TR steam rolling you? I've seen plenty of crappy TRs get lit up by plenty of classes. While we are at it lets get rid of HRs traps, CWs control, and OPs temp HP. Lets all just fight naked with at wills

the classes abilities in pvp are so imbalanced shadow of demise is simply way too strong you can't even kill trs easily becuase thier survivability is through the roof so if ur someone who think tr is balanced in pvp this thread is not for you mate good TRs will never lose to any class in pvp so just face the facts
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User
    Agreed that piercing is an unfait advantage in PvP and should be removed, but Mane of Manticore and Chitters Fangs are too, and you use them, no?
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User

Agreed that piercing is an unfait advantage in PvP and should be removed, but Mane of Manticore and Chitters Fangs are too, and you use them, no?

nope i know they are bugged so i avoid them and i don't see them in most matches but if i see more than 1 person in other team running any of them then i would equip them although i'm hoping they fix them soon i like the stats on some of that gear it would be a waste if it's bugged forever
  • demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Same here, I have Chitters and Manticore. I've changed the usage by que'ing using strategist helmet and check the other team. If somebody on the other team uses it, I equip my ones.
    BTW, the piercing damage calculation base will be changed from purely 100% pre-mitgigated to 75% of mitgigated damage. This is a nerf for PvP but a buff to PvE. The dev's announced that for Mod 14 (it's somewhere in the forums here).
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
  • khandran#2092 khandran Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Same here, I have Chitters and Manticore. I've changed the usage by que'ing using strategist helmet and check the other team. If somebody on the other team uses it, I equip my ones.
    BTW, the piercing damage calculation base will be changed from purely 100% pre-mitgigated to 75% of mitgigated damage. This is a nerf for PvP but a buff to PvE. The dev's announced that for Mod 14 (it's somewhere in the forums here).

You mean only for the TR right? HR combat piercing will remain the same I believe.
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User
    pantha7 said:

You mean only for the TR right? HR combat piercing will remain the same I believe.
    Why ? to oneshot players in pvp who have worked hard to gear their toons ...? i don't think so..
    I agree...Remove piercing damage plz .
    A HR cannot one shot unless you do not have proper gear/stats. They hit hard but are hardly a threat (they are immensely squishy)

HP >220 with appropriate levels of defensive stats (collectively) remove the ability of a TR to one shot. You will take massive damage with their unmitigated SoD but not one shot.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    > @pantha7 said:
    > Same here, I have Chitters and Manticore. I've changed the usage by que'ing using strategist helmet and check the other team. If somebody on the other team uses it, I equip my ones.
    > BTW, the piercing damage calculation base will be changed from purely 100% pre-mitgigated to 75% of mitgigated damage. This is a nerf for PvP but a buff to PvE. The dev's announced that for Mod 14 (it's somewhere in the forums here).
    >
    > You mean only for the TR right? HR combat piercing will remain the same I believe.
    >
    > Why ? to oneshot players in pvp who have worked hard to gear their toons ...? i don't think so..
    > I agree...Remove piercing damage plz .

It's not a one shot...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    > @slysnow#2290 said:
    > Same here, I have Chitters and Manticore. I've changed the usage by que'ing using strategist helmet and check the other team. If somebody on the other team uses it, I equip my ones.
    > BTW, the piercing damage calculation base will be changed from purely 100% pre-mitgigated to 75% of mitgigated damage. This is a nerf for PvP but a buff to PvE. The dev's announced that for Mod 14 (it's somewhere in the forums here).
    >
    > You mean only for the TR right? HR combat piercing will remain the same I believe.
    >
    > Why ? to oneshot players in pvp who have worked hard to gear their toons ...? i don't think so..
    >
    > A HR cannot one shot unless you do not have proper gear/stats. They hit hard but are hardly a threat (they are immensely squishy)
    >
    > HP >220 with appropriate levels of defensive stats (collectively) remove the ability of a TR to one shot. You will take massive damage with their unmitigated SoD but not one shot.

If they use manes they might kill you with a combo plus daily.. I don't see the problem with this bease gf can one rotate kill you without using a daily, so can gwf, and some skilled cw
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • marnivalmarnival Member Posts: 1,432 Arc User

> @slysnow#2290 said:

>

>

>

> A HR cannot one shot unless you do not have proper gear/stats. They hit hard but are hardly a threat (they are immensely squishy)

>

> HP >220 with appropriate levels of defensive stats (collectively) remove the ability of a TR to one shot. You will take massive damage with their unmitigated SoD but not one shot.

If they use manes they might kill you with a combo plus daily.. I don't see the problem with this bease gf can one rotate kill you without using a daily, so can gwf, and some skilled cw

Ofc you do not see the problem as a Tr but let me enlighten you then.

I see the Cw, Gwf and Gf and i have the option to run dodge/block others can help me by cc then etc NOW the TR will attack from hide with ITC most likely up so I cant kill him others cant help me.

Tr like you seem to think that is the same trust me IT IS NOT.

Getting killed by Gf chain Gwf daily+ibs or CCed and nuked to death by Cw or sniped from above by Hr happens to all but they are dead in the water when faced with 2-1 and killed by same IL players while the Tr just kills both or if he needs trolls away and kill some other at lesure....

I do understand you find it fun to play Tr but at least think before you put up these redicules examples....
    > @marnival said:
    > > @slysnow#2290 said:
    >
    > > Same here, I have Chitters and Manticore. I've changed the usage by que'ing using strategist helmet and check the other team. If somebody on the other team uses it, I equip my ones.
    >
    > > BTW, the piercing damage calculation base will be changed from purely 100% pre-mitgigated to 75% of mitgigated damage. This is a nerf for PvP but a buff to PvE. The dev's announced that for Mod 14 (it's somewhere in the forums here).
    >
    > >
    >
    > > You mean only for the TR right? HR combat piercing will remain the same I believe.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > Why ? to oneshot players in pvp who have worked hard to gear their toons ...? i don't think so..
    >
    > > I agree...Remove piercing damage plz .
    >
    > >
    >
    > > A HR cannot one shot unless you do not have proper gear/stats. They hit hard but are hardly a threat (they are immensely squishy)
    >
    > >
    >
    > > HP >220 with appropriate levels of defensive stats (collectively) remove the ability of a TR to one shot. You will take massive damage with their unmitigated SoD but not one shot.
    >
    >
    >
    > If they use manes they might kill you with a combo plus daily.. I don't see the problem with this bease gf can one rotate kill you without using a daily, so can gwf, and some skilled cw
    >
    > Ofc you do not see the problem as a Tr but let me enlighten you then.
    >
    > I see the Cw, Gwf and Gf and i have the option to run dodge/block others can help me by cc then etc NOW the TR will attack from hide with ITC most likely up so I cant kill him others cant help me.
    >
    > Tr like you seem to think that is the same trust me IT IS NOT.
    >
    > Getting killed by Gf chain Gwf daily+ibs or CCed and nuked to death by Cw or sniped from above by Hr happens to all but they are dead in the water when faced with 2-1 and killed by same IL players while the Tr just kills both or if he needs trolls away and kill some other at lesure....
    >
    > I do understand you find it fun to play Tr but at least think before you put up these redicules examples....

Let me enlighten you... shadow clad and stealth items make everyone a tr...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    You won't see anyone with stealth rings while they are moving. .. last longer than tr and is more effective for defense or ambushing... shadow clad at trans is more effective than tr stealth in combat...

I play pvp all the time brother .. I know what's up
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • peregr1nusperegr1nus Member Posts: 160 Arc User

You won't see anyone with stealth rings while they are moving. .. last longer than tr and is more effective for defense or ambushing... shadow clad at trans is more effective than tr stealth in combat...

Thats called patching up a hole with a bigger hole, now how about we give SoD and BB to everybody and have a toatal mess of PvP, yay!

And btw, U. shadowclad has 30 sec cooldown on stealth (SoD every 6 sec) and with BB ambush rings are useless ;)

Ok you obviously can read so take a look at the Kill/death ratio and compare Tr against other classes and you should know the difference beteween what you write and what actually happens in pvp.

There is no class that comes even NEAR the Tr weather they use shadoclad or rings etc...

Shodowclad. rings etc can not even compare to hide/itc/smoke not even in the same ballpark when it comes to helping with survivability and that even not taking the best looooooongest dodges in the game that also add immunity phrames to them.....

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

This game is so so DEAD i actually done seriuosly 1 dungeon 1 Trial and 1 BROKEN AS HELL pvp good luck in this game 2 mods NOTHING CHANGED JUST WORSE how BAD YOU BROKE this game cause off TRs buffing a low geared TR can easily kill a high geared player this is pure insult the build worked in PvPs also all the time spend to be better in PvP .. i really dont anyone suggest play this game its bad mod 13 is nail to this game NOTHING TO DO here how many times asked fix damn PvP atleast bit balance damn game NOTHING nothing changed each mode worse and worse its insult developers such game such potencial and you let die .. good luck those who PvPing or PvEing this hollow game ... Moira

If it is worse.... then it changed.
    marnival said:

Ok you obviously can read so take a look at the Kill/death ratio and compare Tr against other classes and you should know the difference beteween what you write and what actually happens in pvp.

There is no class that comes even NEAR the Tr weather they use shadoclad or rings etc...

Shodowclad. rings etc can not even compare to hide/itc/smoke not even in the same ballpark when it comes to helping with survivability and that even not taking the best looooooongest dodges in the game that also add immunity phrames to them.....

dude... those tr are probably kill ganking low level players or group ganking players and getting the last hit.
    kill death ratio just means that if we need to sometimes... note the word sometimes... we can escape..
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    I'd change "sometimes" with "often".

marnival said:

dude... those tr are probably kill ganking low level players or group ganking players and getting the last hit.
    kill death ratio just means that if we need to sometimes... note the word sometimes... we can escape..
    Are you seriously pretending Tr kd ratio is becuase they chase low geared players and SOMETIMES can escape.....

So spamming back to back ITC/SMOKE/HIDE 3-4 daily /min 75% deflect severity with loooongest dodge with immunity build in just count for escape SOMETIMES ........

Yea that would explain the kd ratio of 300+/1 :#:#:#
  • babadook#7615 babadook Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    I play a GF and I can tell you that we aren't OP in PvP at all when you consider piercing damage a HR can hit big numbers on me while I have my shield up and so can a TR.

All while they stack no armor pen in pvp yet for me to be effective against pallies or high defence GFs I have to stack about 16-18k armor penetration.

This needs addressing
  • madmatter#4672 madmatter Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Remove piercing=No viable PvP feat class for HR
    We vote no to removing piercing... (agree)
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • slysnow#2290 slysnow Member Posts: 110 Arc User

We vote no to removing piercing... (agree)

No.

Also looking at a few of the comments it seems that HRs (the class that once had unmitigated piercing damage) and TRs (the class that currently has unmitigated piercing damage) are the classes more in support of not removing piercing damage. It'll kill dps for your class? You do realize most other classes do not have piercing builds yet do fine correct? Its not the end of the world. HRs and TRs have built in stealth. Use it to your advantage and be creative build wise if piercing is ever removed. Try being a CW with no "built in" extras. How about a GWF with no shield/warp etc?
    > @slysnow#2290 said:
    > We vote no to removing piercing... (agree)
    >
    > No.
    >
    > Also looking at a few of the comments it seems that HRs (the class that once had unmitigated piercing damage) and TRs (the class that currently has unmitigated piercing damage) are the classes more in support of not removing piercing damage. It'll kill dps for your class? You do realize most other classes do not have piercing builds yet do fine correct? Its not the end of the world. HRs and TRs have built in stealth. Use it to your advantage and be creative build wise if piercing is ever removed. Try being a CW with no "built in" extras. How about a GWF with no shield/warp etc?
    Tr piercing damage is mitigated for saboteurs and scoundrels...

I'm already full stealth and speed.... but it seems the best way to go is full power and shadowclad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • paixnidiaris1#0777 paixnidiaris1 Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    not already removed...? lolz... and i was thinking , why iam getting oneshotted in pvp dom all the <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> time ....
    I get one shorted by players that hit 300000 damage
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]