test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Northern most ruin in Shoshenstar River has no exit

ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
edited May 2018 in Bug Reports (PC)
What it says. The ruin in the north west corner that you can get sent to for the Lost Relics quest picked up in Camp Vengance has no exit, just a hole in the wall and a big ole' drop under the map. This means that anyone who doesn't have access to the travel post from VIP are stuck and unable to leave as there is a camp fire just inside the ruin and switching instance dose nothing.
Also the glowing quest trail disappears inside so it "knows" you can't get out.

https://imgur.com/a/mWzokGE
Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.

Comments

• sismond#7543 sismond Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Basically this bug is not unusual but became annoying as the door to exit the dungeon was missing, leading to an non programmed area, even defeat me, relog and change channel didn't fix it, so only VIP travel signpost let me leave. It affected my party but several other, and i find this something of major concern.
    I know it might not be a weird bug but a major headache for non VIPs

Bug record
    Only to say, i tested again and bug still remains. It's on the Northwest ruin
    guys, the bug remains. sorry for the spam, but like, come on xD
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    ilithyn said:

I feel like that line should be marked by the Dun Dun Dunnnnn suspense music.
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User

ilithyn said:

I feel like that line should be marked by the Dun Dun Dunnnnn suspense music.
    You know, that was the feeling I got when I typed it out XD. Glad the tone got across.

I should add, this bug has been around since Saturday at the very least. That was the first time I had it and two cases of instance switches didn't change anything. I've been to those ruins three times since, latest one tonight, I just kept forgetting to report it >.<
    So the same as for @sismond#7543
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    I wonder if it's related to the missing scrying orb in Soshenstar (the one near the bridge). You can hear it but you can't see it.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    hustin1 said:

I wonder if it's related to the missing scrying orb in Soshenstar (the one near the bridge). You can hear it but you can't see it.

Yeah, I was wondering that too. Also the sahha ball that's unable to be interacted with.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    @kreatyve I'm not saying that there's no relation between the two at all, lord knows this game is spaghetti code and that anything can happen there. But I've been digging around for the scrying orb and sahha ball bug and it seems like that one has been around since the map launched. This is a much newer bug.
    I was on hiatus from this game from before the Winter Festival until a little over two weeks before the launch of Omu and the first time the lady sent me to hunt for relics in the ruins it was these ruins. At the time I didn't have vip again yet so I would definitely have remembered if I couldn't leave them. At the time the exit worked without issue.
    Now I've been coming and going from the game and on top of that the lady has sent me to one of the other ruins when I got the quest, so my trip to the northern ruins on Saturday and after is the first time in a long while I've gone there. So I can't say exactly when the bug started, only that it's younger than the orb and ball bug.

Doesn't mean they couldn't be related in some way though.