test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Lost companions everywhere !!!

athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
i keep seeing lost companions on nearly every zone. i just saw a detached tiger fighting the dummies in port and no owner anywhere. (anyone want to steal that tiger :). This is got to be a bug related to m13 patch or something since it wasn't happening before then that i saw.

Comments

• Options
    hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    I've even run into a clone of my companion from the day before. It felt like I was about to hear Rod Serling start narrating.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Haha. I loaded into Chult the other day, saw a Lion companion sitting at the campfire and was shocked to see the name as it was my wife's Lion. I took a few screen grabs for the vacation scrapbook. We had a nice time roasting marshmallows by the fire.

Definitely creeped out my wife to hear that her companion was just there by itself.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    I saw my sellsword duplicate when I changed loadouts one time. I assume it is lag related, the server skips a step as it dismisses the pet and resummons it. The pets stranded away from campfires are likely from some other cause.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    unless the lag is a week long or more.... i saw the same angel pet in blacklake for over a week.
  • Options
    pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    The lag is only necessary at the time of duplication, when the server should be removing the pet and doesn't. After that, nothing changes. As the server doesn't have any reason to interact with the pet - since under normal circumstances there is no reason for a script to go around checking for stray pets - that pet hangs out until the instance closes or the server reset closes all instances.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    hustin1 said:

I've even run into a clone of my companion from the day before. It felt like I was about to hear Rod Serling start narrating.

I was running on my GWF yesterday. Ran into my DC's augment. When I had been running the DC his augment was summoned when I started working on a loadout. After the loadout was done, I switched to his lion and the augment was still following around.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    orangebangorangebang Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 55 Arc User
    I actually think it's pretty neat to have companions everywhere, it's a magical world after all, maybe they should make a quest why reality is being bent and an echo of our companions are staying for a certain time.
  • Options
    rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User

I actually think it's pretty neat to have companions everywhere, it's a magical world after all, maybe they should make a quest why reality is being bent and an echo of our companions are staying for a certain time.

Or some quest to find a psychiatrist to help your tiger with suicidal tendencies? :D
  • Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    hustin1 said:

I need a Twilight Neverwinter Zone meme stat!