test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

I gotttta question

nunz003nunz003 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
I’m wondering.. I main a templock HB but I was wondering I have left over ad to get a retraining token opinions on SB temps?

Comments

• Options
    chimeraxchimerax Member Posts: 204 Arc User
    Main opinion is that an SB/Temp is just not optimal. With HB/Temp you have Pillar of Power which helps the group more.
  • Options
    kingkevin#3240 kingkevin Member Posts: 69 Arc User
    SB for lower Item level characters while HB is better for end game with buffs from things like PoP
  • Options
    naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    SB for temp is just wrong. SB temp/damn/fury for lower item levels is even worse. At lower item levels, HB brings the same as a higher item level HB with the exception of personal damage, while SB will give nothing to a group and will struggle with a <100% critical chance to generate his soul sparks. If you are at the lower IL spectrum, stick to HB, unless you are at the desperately lower spectrum that you need things like borrowed time to survive in pve.
  • Options
    duckntrollduckntroll Member Posts: 95 Arc User

SB for temp is just wrong. SB temp/damn/fury for lower item levels is even worse. At lower item levels, HB brings the same as a higher item level HB with the exception of personal damage, while SB will give nothing to a group and will struggle with a <100% critical chance to generate his soul sparks. If you are at the lower IL spectrum, stick to HB, unless you are at the desperately lower spectrum that you need things like borrowed time to survive in pve.

What you call the "desperately lower spectrum" is in fact quite large and was even larger before the fix of leveling between 60/70.

We have to understand that casual players are REALLY badly informed and mis-informed
    • They follow BiS party build for solo play (if they follow anything...)
    • They don't have guild (or forgot to use the boons...)
    • They have faith in powers/passives/feats descriptions...
    • They haven't insigna healing bonuses...
    • They barely have an ordinary companion (don't count on a decent level of bonding runestone)
    • Their stuff is pitifull and doen't match their class/role...
    Therfore they experience a HELL just to clean ONE mobs pack.

Let them go SB to take BorrowedTime as to not waste potions.
    Let them know the best surviving power is CrowdControlling the foes with "ArmOfHadar" (with decent DPS ).
    > They will have a refreshing experience.

We have to stop asking what WE SELFISHLY WANT IN PARTY PLAY that is: the best buff (SW HB:PoP+DT+?).

Moreover we will not meet these "desperately lower spectrum" in party play anyway, and even if we meet we can, AND WE WILL DO WITHOUT THEM (rushing while melting every foes we meet and we just have to wait those noobs before the bosses, wishing they don't fall in traps...).