test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Astral Diamonds

Comments

• madmatter#4672 madmatter Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    I knew this would be the most commented forum so I didn't read everything. But, how about personal housing for an AD sink? A whole lot of options there, from hovels to mansions, then all kinds of decorations everything costing only AD to buy.
    The AD change doesn't bother me either way. The only thing that bothers me is I haven't seen a mod or "B" mod devoted to PvP changes. THAT is the only thing that will determine whether I continue to invest time in this game. Hope PvP changes come soon...
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Yay! I want a hovel!
    Does it come with roaches and rats or do those cost extra?
  • fns2005fns2005 Member Posts: 350 Arc User
    > The goal is to make AD more valuable. There are four ways to make AD more valuable.
    >
    > 1) Reduce the amount of AD entering the system.
    > 2) Increase the uses for AD.
    > 3) Increase the amount of Zen entering the system TO BUY AD (if it isn't used to buy AD it doesn't help)
    > 4) Reduce the uses for Zen
    >
    > If you make the Zen store better then the amount of people trying to obtain Zen with AD will go up thus devaluing AD which is the opposite of the goal. See how number 4 is REDUCE the uses of Zen...not increase. They are two sides of the same coin but they are inversely related. They are listed in supply, demand, supply, demand order to point out the inverse relationship.
    >
    > If you increase the demand of zen then you will decrease the value of AD. If you increase the value of AD then you will decrease the value of Zen.
    >
    > Forget the Zen Store. You are looking at it backwards. Focus on feedback regarding points 1 and 2. What can the devs do to reduce the supply of AD or increase the demand of AD with minimal or beneficial impacts to the players?

Adding coalescent and pres wards to the wondrous bazaar would be a step in this direction.
    > My logic says that removing preservation and coal wards from the zen shop but adding it to the wonderous bazaar, would create a big ad sink. It is the primary thing people buy with zen I would think.
    >
    > Or am I missing something?
    >
    > The Wondrous Bazaar essentially caps the prices on things like wards that can also be purchased in the Auction House. Whatever price it affixes to an item, savvy players will sell/buy it for less in the Auction House. The only people who'll sink their AD at top price in the Bazaar are new players who just don't know any better.

Hopefully the VIP discount would put wards on the bazaar at a competitive price with the AH. Like with my VIP discount, UMOPs are always cheaper than AH. I've never seen AH beat wonderous UMOP price on xbox.
    > My logic says that removing preservation and coal wards from the zen shop but adding it to the wonderous bazaar, would create a big ad sink. It is the primary thing people buy with zen I would think.
    >
    > Or am I missing something?
    >
    > The Wondrous Bazaar essentially caps the prices on things like wards that can also be purchased in the Auction House. Whatever price it affixes to an item, savvy players will sell/buy it for less in the Auction House. The only people who'll sink their AD at top price in the Bazaar are new players who just don't know any better.
    >
    > If wards goes to Wondrous Bazaar, VIP will buy ward from Wondrous Bazaar and then sell it to AH to earn the difference. Yes, it is an effective AD sink. Where else can you get unbound ward and then sell that to AH as "discount"? It has to be from somewhere. If it can only be bought from Wondrous Bazaar, every purchase from Wondrous Bazaar is an AD sink.

If wards go to the Wonderous Bazaar as I think they should - they should be account bound to prevent that from happening. I'm a grinder, I know when I buy wards I actually need them to upgrade my stuff, I'm not interested in selling them on the AH.
  • naoqueroforumnaoqueroforum Member Posts: 225 Arc User

An actual AD sink that most will probably agree on would be allowing Hunt items, trophies and lures, to be sold on the auction house.

People can still do direct trade, but I'm sure a lot of people would opt for the AH, adding a good amount of AH trade which in turn is an extra ad sink.

More ad sinks can be made for sure, but the ward for ad idea is one they probably won't go for, since that's probably the most bought zen item currently, and adding them to bazaar would likely hurt their sales. If they go for it though, they will most likely make it cost more through ad than if bought with zen to diminish the impact on purchases made with zen.

This wouldn't be a sink.

A sink is something that "destroys" and removes the AD from the virtual world of Neverwinter. By trading them on the Trade House the AD simply changes hands.
    A sink is in the 10% auction house cut.

agilesto said:

An actual AD sink that most will probably agree on would be allowing Hunt items, trophies and lures, to be sold on the auction house.

People can still do direct trade, but I'm sure a lot of people would opt for the AH, adding a good amount of AH trade which in turn is an extra ad sink.

More ad sinks can be made for sure, but the ward for ad idea is one they probably won't go for, since that's probably the most bought zen item currently, and adding them to bazaar would likely hurt their sales. If they go for it though, they will most likely make it cost more through ad than if bought with zen to diminish the impact on purchases made with zen.

This wouldn't be a sink.

A sink is something that "destroys" and removes the AD from the virtual world of Neverwinter. By trading them on the Trade House the AD simply changes hands.
    Yes, and no, as always with the AH. AH is a "little" sink because 10% is always destroyed. Relative to the amount of goods bought each day on AH this sink is I guess still better than kits crafted items.

Edit: or not, in my confusion i confused myself with my own thoughts ^^
    The current lure trade is using GMOP, SMOP as currency. A VIP 12 player will always buy GMOP, SMOP from WB instead of AH. Even one buy GMOP, SMOP from AH instead of WB. There is a 10% AD sink. The GMOP, SMOP that are being sold in AH can also be originated from WB. Every purchase in WB is an AD sink.

Current lure trade as a side effect actually gives a pretty good AD sink and it is a better AD sink than trading lure in AH directly.
    Not necessarily true. This side currency are items that have themselves their own sink: refinement. They have their own life cycle. People trade them either for refinement, for using it as trade item later on or to sell it for AD. They are like a buffer for currency sink and which allows people to avoid AH ad cut sinks (which is not bad). In the end they will find their final purpose, which is being destroyed for refinement, taking it out of the side currency economy. Over the course of its lifetime it allowed some people to avoid the AH cut. SMOPs and gmops can only act as ad sinks while they have their own sinks balanced with their sources. If sources outweigh smop's sinks, this currency starts to devalue compared to AD, and the WB cost becomes larger than its market price, making WB no longer a SMOP source or AD sink. It's like how moderate mark of potency atm are no ad sink at all, since no one buys them on the WB.
    So it's not that SMOPs are an ad sink because they are a currency, it's more that they are a currency because they have an AD value that players are willing to pay for one way or another. People already used smops as trade before hunts came, for trading them for trans enchants, legendary mounts, and they still do. Having the AH as a possible vehicle for the trade will just add more options and one with an additional ad sink attached to it.

Simplest example is if person A needs to use 10 smops for an upgrade and has an item to trade which is worth 10 smops. Person B wants that item and has 10 smops. Person C wants that item and has a lot of AD. A few things can occur:
    - Person A can be lucky to find person B and a direct trade occur with no losses. 10 smops go out of circulation.
    - Person C notices person A and uses his ad to buy SMOPS from the cheapest source (could be bazaar or AH depending on the time). Trade occurs and person A puts 10 smops out of circulation.
    - Person A never finds B or C so posts the item on the AH for 10 smops worth of AD. When the sale succeeds, 10% is taken out and he uses the AD to buy 10 smops from the cheapest source, bazaar or AH.

In all cases, 10 smops worth of currency, (either AD or smops) disappear from the currency system. The difference is that in the last case you have the most potential for the AH getting their additional cut out of the transactions.

> AD value will be increased because of lower rAD production.
    > Depend on how much rAD is reduced, there will be potential to make Zax to get below 500:1. The more people quit, the faster the Zax rate to drop.

If their goal was to lower the Zax rate, perhaps they planned on people quitting and simply don't care.
    > Instead we have to trust this is in our best interest. But why? In many many cases in the past there have been changes that didn't seem to make sense. Chases where players (even without the "stats") knew better. Trust is a big thing. In my opinion, many players do not have the trust in Cryptic to make changes that help both the company and the player base.

It seems like the ad change is an elaborate cover up for the fact that the random queue change backfired and ad in circulation is through the roof, with the zax exchange continuing to climb. This is essentially retracting the benefits of random queue.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    rubytrue said:

and god help me but I sincerely hate hawking my goods in alliance chat like a goober. it is not fun and enjoyable. I do it.. but I HATE it.

You might try activating the "Trade" channel in your default chat tab or have a dedicated chat tab for the "Trade" channel; folks in there are purposely wheelin' and dealin'.....
    I mistyped. I meant trade chat. I don't go into alliance with it lol.
    linoge63 said:

and with the drop rates what they are I don't think it would be the massive devaluation they claim it would be. it may look like it at first glance but what people are asking for in chat is not what things go for. and god help me but I sincerely hate hawking my goods in alliance chat like a goober. it is not fun and enjoyable. I do it.. but I HATE it. I mean look at the maps in stormking. they held value where they should be and are still not going for pennies. they are cheap compared to what they were but they did hold value.
    I want your 16.7 combat HR...just saying :D...siggghhhh

the hr is way more fun but the moneymaker is the do.
  • gripnir78gripnir78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 374 Arc User
    @rubytrue

Well, you could be right on those whales sell policy, but you are not. That speed sales work in real life stock exchanges when super computers do countless transactions with profit as closce to 0% as possible but those still bring a lot of money.... cos those operations are countless. BUT I would like to remind you that we had such situation in this game until Gatway were closed. Bots were able to do what you described and I would like to remind you that back then legendary mounts price was about 30kk AD a piece - now is about 10kk a piece. Since it cannot be automated proces whales are not that efficient and quite resonably they aim now in those highly sought after items like wards etc. Its amounts of AD they already piled up alows them to control a market as they can buy in a good moment huge amounts of wards. And since they know that such sales comes in a predictable cycles they really dont need to bother plying with minimal profits. They buy - wait few months until market will suck up small traders goods and then flood a market before next ZEN sale. Lets be honest here - there is almost no other items, but those form ZEN store, witch can be used as a source of profit.

Besides you admited yourself what I also typed in my post - we already have stable alternative currency in game - gmops, smops an so on. And they can work like that only because those are avilable on Wandrous Bazar. Sorry but wards of any kind are not a currency - just look on hunts - no one price trophies in wards - as those are ZEN gated, and as such are more unstable.

So dont even try to push the idea that whales are good for a game economy. The NW economy just allows them to exist cos wards are not in a WB. That and periodical sales combined alows them to exist and stockpile more AD with every cycle. And since they keep substantial amounts of AD those are not to be removed with any sink. But instead can be used to control a market. And just a few days ago there was such small situation. During a night a price for UES incresed from 230k to 450k. All cos some1 just bought over a 100 of them. Sure within 2 days price droped but to the level of 270k a piece. And that was just about 25kk AD involved witch is amount nowere near what even a smallest whale have stashed. Now if that 100 UES would go for makeing a toon BIS - ok, but what if they gona hit a market again during a jubilee when most of players would be buying wards for upgrades they want to make? Just want to remind that during black friday UES priced 700k a week before hited almost 1200k.

Sure - you can always say that whales are actually a kind of a sink as they keep AD/ZEN stashed - so in fact frozen. But the trick is you never know how powerful they really are and when they release them to collapse a market. @noworries mentioned that within 2 years amount of AD on a server increased by 75%. Ok - where are they? Not in my pocket for sure, in yours? or any1 you know - doubt that. Still they are here somewhere. And since those not vanished to players upgrading their toons.....

Really, this game economy needs rework, but I really doubt that cutting players basic income is a good point to start with.
  • rishikesa#0564 rishikesa Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    I find that the innovations in the field of economics planned for the new module 14 are very discouraging for the players.
    The main thing in a game is the continuous incentive for players to continue to play on the same game.
    If there isn't a goal, it becomes boring and futile to participate in dungeons and quests.
    One of the goals that mainly tickles the players is to earn and capitalize, in order to invest and obtain benefits.
    If, with the anticipated innovations, it will be almost impossible to capitalize sums and consequently the purchasing capacity will be considerably reduced, every incentive is lost.
    I say more: if I take part in a dungeon, maybe end-game, and I find satisfaction in dropping objects of a certain value that I can turn into AD but, suddenly, I will not be able to do it because the refining limit of AD is reduced to 100K per account, I will have to accumulate uselessly everything that eventually I will drop, with consequent lack of incentive to participate in dungeons, and therefore to play.
    The same thing can be repeated for everything: participate in a hunt, perform weekly quests, participate in events that give advantages (like double seals or seal discount), etc.

These are all events that require the ability to drop objects and then to be able to transform them into AD. There is no other purpose. Lost this purpose, the purpose of the game is lost.
    Think it very well, "Mum Cryptic": because trying to open the wallets of the players, could have a bad effect, that is to lose players.
    ========================
    Italian translation (my native language):

Trovo che le novità in materia di economia previste per il nuovo modulo 14 siano parecchio disincentivanti per i giocatori.
    La cosa principale in un gioco è il continuo incentivo ai giocatori nel proseguire il gioco stesso.
    Se viene a mancare uno scopo, un goal, una meta, diventa noioso e futile partecipare a dungeon e missioni.
    Uno degli scopi che principalmente solleticano e muovono i giocatori è quello di guadagnare e capitalizzare valuta, al fine poi di investire e di ottenerne dei vantaggi.
    Se, con le novità previste, sarà pressoché impossibile capitalizzare somme e conseguentemente la capacità di acquisto verrà notevolmente ridotta, si perde ogni incentivo.
    Dico di più: se prendo parte ad un dungeon, magari end-game, e trovo soddisfazione nel droppare oggetti di un certo valore che poi posso trasformare in AD ma, improvvisamente, non potrò più farlo perché il limite quotidiano di raffinazione degli AD è ridotto a 100K per account, io dovrò accumulare inutilmente tutto quello che eventualmente andrò a droppare con conseguente mancanza di incentivo a partecipare a dungeon, e quindi a giocare.
    La stessa cosa si può ripetere per tutto: partecipare a cacce, eseguire le quest settimanali,
    partecipare alle manifestazioni che danno vantaggi (tipo sigilli doppi o sconto sui sigilli), etc.
    Sono tutti eventi che presuppongono la capacità di droppare oggetti per poi poterli trasformare in AD. Non c'è altro scopo. Perso questo scopo, viene meno lo scopo del gioco.
    Ci pensi bene madre Cryptic: perché, per cercare di far aprire maggiormente il portafogli ai giocatori, potrebbe perdere molti giocatori.
    Laksmi ---> splendid DC
    Purple Knight ---> scoundrel TR
    Surya Namaskar ---> strong GWF
    Golia ---> fair GF
    Nausicaa ---> dark SW
    Pallyda ---> growing up OP
  • pin0tn0ir#2630 pin0tn0ir Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Basic dungeon 4k AD - why are we being rewarded more AD for easier content? 70s plow through this and it's not even fun

Skirmish 6k AD - because face it, thrones can be a grind

Epic Dungeon 8k AD - actually reward us for playing tougher content and force us to collect salvage

Repeatable should be set at half of these.

Eliminate peer to peer Zen exchange. Allow Zen to be purchased for 500 ad and sold for 300. The market is fixed anyway, there is no competitive pricing.

Remove or greatly increase the price of being able to purchase a level 70. If people want a 70 alt just to farm with, they should earn it.

Reduce binds on account / char restricts. People are grinding dungeons to get items that I imagine some are salvaging or turning into refinement. The more dungeons they grind, the more ad goes into the system and less that can sold peer to peer.

I have 4 legit level 70s that I play equally and it will hurt me to have 1/3 of my daily income removed. There are still some enchants and things such as companion upgrades that are not going to see price reductions, so if you increase the value of ad, these things will be further out of hand.
    edited May 2018

The main thing in a game is the continuous incentive for players to continue to play on the same game. If there isn't a goal, it becomes boring and futile to participate in dungeons and quests.
    One of the goals that mainly tickles the players is to earn and capitalize, in order to invest and obtain benefits.

I wonder what's worse:
    A ) To have to wait for an increasingly longer period of time in order to trade our AD in for Zen,
    or
    B ) To have to play for a longer period of time to earn enough AD to trade for Zen.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    gripnir78 said:

@rubytrue

Well, you could be right on those whales sell policy, but you are not. That speed sales work in real life stock exchanges when super computers do countless transactions with profit as closce to 0% as possible but those still bring a lot of money.... cos those operations are countless. BUT I would like to remind you that we had such situation in this game until Gatway were closed. Bots were able to do what you described and I would like to remind you that back then legendary mounts price was about 30kk AD a piece - now is about 10kk a piece. Since it cannot be automated proces whales are not that efficient and quite resonably they aim now in those highly sought after items like wards etc. Its amounts of AD they already piled up alows them to control a market as they can buy in a good moment huge amounts of wards. And since they know that such sales comes in a predictable cycles they really dont need to bother plying with minimal profits. They buy - wait few months until market will suck up small traders goods and then flood a market before next ZEN sale. Lets be honest here - there is almost no other items, but those form ZEN store, witch can be used as a source of profit.

Besides you admited yourself what I also typed in my post - we already have stable alternative currency in game - gmops, smops an so on. And they can work like that only because those are avilable on Wandrous Bazar. Sorry but wards of any kind are not a currency - just look on hunts - no one price trophies in wards - as those are ZEN gated, and as such are more unstable.

So dont even try to push the idea that whales are good for a game economy. The NW economy just allows them to exist cos wards are not in a WB. That and periodical sales combined alows them to exist and stockpile more AD with every cycle. And since they keep substantial amounts of AD those are not to be removed with any sink. But instead can be used to control a market. And just a few days ago there was such small situation. During a night a price for UES incresed from 230k to 450k. All cos some1 just bought over a 100 of them. Sure within 2 days price droped but to the level of 270k a piece. And that was just about 25kk AD involved witch is amount nowere near what even a smallest whale have stashed. Now if that 100 UES would go for makeing a toon BIS - ok, but what if they gona hit a market again during a jubilee when most of players would be buying wards for upgrades they want to make? Just want to remind that during black friday UES priced 700k a week before hited almost 1200k.

Sure - you can always say that whales are actually a kind of a sink as they keep AD/ZEN stashed - so in fact frozen. But the trick is you never know how powerful they really are and when they release them to collapse a market. @noworries mentioned that within 2 years amount of AD on a server increased by 75%. Ok - where are they? Not in my pocket for sure, in yours? or any1 you know - doubt that. Still they are here somewhere. And since those not vanished to players upgrading their toons.....

Really, this game economy needs rework, but I really doubt that cutting players basic income is a good point to start with.

Bah. You don't need bots to make a ton of AD on the AH. And it isn't about getting down to a fraction of a percent of a return thousands of time/day like the automated trading at investment banks (though they are using the same principle--only they can go both long and short a trade).

I just don't think you understand how little return you actually need to make in order to accumulate a *ton* of AD in this game by churning the market. Even if your profits only have a 1% margin, if you can do that 3x/week, you will increase your money sixfold in a year.

It is pretty easy to spot market trends in this game so it is really easy to make a lot of AD and you don't have to try an corner a market. I had next to nothing outside of VIP last fall so I decided to buy some Zen. I bought $200 worth of Zen, thinking I was a fool after I pressed the "Buy" button. I was able to rationalize it by saying I was supporting a game I enjoy, and that it was roughly the same price as either Netflix or HBO.

Fast forward 6 months, and I am now sitting on about $2,200 worth of Zen using the very technique I talked about earlier. Like I said, I'm just a minnow in a sea of whales, but I am at a point in the game, where my Zen store purchases are going to be focused on quality of life improvements like max shared bank slots and stuff like that.

People who don't understand the power of compound interest make life easy for me. They are trying to score a "big hit" and price their items too high. People like me undercut them and bring the prices down which is good for the average player.

edited May 2018

Basic dungeon 4k AD - why are we being rewarded more AD for easier content? 70s plow through this and it's not even fun

Skirmish 6k AD - because face it, thrones can be a grind

Epic Dungeon 8k AD - actually reward us for playing tougher content and force us to collect salvage

Repeatable should be set at half of these.

Eliminate peer to peer Zen exchange. Allow Zen to be purchased for 500 ad and sold for 300. The market is fixed anyway, there is no competitive pricing.

Remove or greatly increase the price of being able to purchase a level 70. If people want a 70 alt just to farm with, they should earn it.

Reduce binds on account / char restricts. People are grinding dungeons to get items that I imagine some are salvaging or turning into refinement. The more dungeons they grind, the more ad goes into the system and less that can sold peer to peer.

I have 4 legit level 70s that I play equally and it will hurt me to have 1/3 of my daily income removed. There are still some enchants and things such as companion upgrades that are not going to see price reductions, so if you increase the value of ad, these things will be further out of hand.

yuck. no.. and the bigger part of the neverwinter world is on console and our market is NOT fixed. doing away with the zax would not be in our benefit at ALL. I vehemently disagree with everything you've said. the things they are proposing are to help the exchange. it's more helpful if people just ask for a raised cap as noworries suggested. they are amenable to doing a higher cap. so ask for that!
    Everything I said takes ad out of circulation, which is what they want. The issue is people with 10 lv 70 alts are farming lv 12 dungeons and making half a mil. To remedy this, they are punishing all players, especially ones that actually gear up their alts.

Raising the cap on the zax causes inflation. Saying 1 Zen is now worth 1000 ad makes ad worthless, which is what they don't want. The price of Zen is pegged to the dollar, ad should be pegged to Zen.

I don't know what console you play on, but Zen price does not fluctuate and is near max on mine. What's the point of a competitive exchange where the cost is fixed?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User

Everything I said takes ad out of circulation, which is what they want. The issue is people with 10 lv 70 alts are farming lv 12 dungeons and making half a mil. To remedy this, they are punishing all players, especially ones that actually gear up their alts.

Raising the cap on the zax causes inflation. Saying 1 Zen is now worth 1000 ad makes ad worthless, which is what they don't want. The price of Zen is pegged to the dollar, ad should be pegged to Zen.

I don't know what console you play on, but Zen price does not fluctuate and is near max on mine. What's the point of a competitive exchange where the cost is fixed?

The cap mentioned to be raised was not Zax cap. It was about the account rAD daily refinement cap.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    I'd love an increased cap but I don't think the devs are changing it.

I actually think they will. I think 100K is their tactic. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***

I actually think they will. I think 100K is their tactic. :)
    noworries basically said our hope was in arguing for a higher cap. not sure why no one is jumping on that. lol. I think their typical tactic is to come in lower than they intend. negotiate up wards to what they wanted so we feel like we got a win. (I think it just inspires a little more distrust but whatevs, play it straight)

the zax is fine. I do think what they're doing needs to be done with altering ad inflow. the zax won't be anything like fixed rate if they fix the problem of not enough ad sinks in the economy.

i'm on xbox. the zax is usually high 300 but streaks upwards around special events. it's totally healthy imo. we don't have bots and we don't have the ps4 mafia. we're looking good. please leave us out of the mess the other platforms have made for themselves lol
    Oh, no no no.

If they're determined to smack the hands of average players who make the bulk of their AD in leveling dungeons and skirmishes - and lop off up to 90% of their daily earnings, then that 100K cap better darn well stay right where it is.

That one directly addresses some of the groups of people who've dragged the economy into this mire in the first place.

If I had a vote - which I don't - I'd vote to raise the RAD bonus for the first run in every dungeon, but I want that 100K cap dipped in Star Metal, set in Adamant, wrapped in Mithril, and all bound up with chains of Platinum.

Oh, no no no.

If they're determined to smack the hands of average players who make the bulk of their AD in leveling dungeons and skirmishes - and lop off up to 90% of their daily earnings, then that 100K cap better darn well stay right where it is.

That one directly addresses some of the groups of people who've dragged the economy into this mire in the first place.

If I had a vote - which I don't - I'd vote to raise the RAD bonus for the first run in every dungeon, but I want that 100K cap dipped in Star Metal, set in Adamant, wrapped in Mithril, and all bound up with chains of Platinum.

I don't have a horse in this race. I really don't care. I do think it's silly people were able to make so much money doing nothing basically though. playing stupid t0 dungeons for ad shouldn't be happening outside of true low level players imo.
  • undepartedundeparted Member Posts: 88 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    None of you should really care whether they raise the daily account cap or not. They could raise it to a million a day and it wouldn't make a difference.

What needs to change is how we earn that AD. Because with the changes to how you can now only earn them on your first run through per account, your main concerns should be how to even hit that cap...

None of you should really care whether they raise the daily account cap or not. They could raise it to a million a day and it wouldn't make a difference.

What needs to change is how we earn that AD. Because with the changes to how you can now only earn them on your first run through per account, your main concerns should be how to even hit that cap...

Not everyone cares about RQ or use RQ to earn rAD.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 here is an idea i thought you may do:

aplly the 100k rad refine cap and the random queue limits to each one char of each class, if the account has more than 1 char of the same class apply it to the first made char of that class.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Then people would just make new trash alts for classes they need so they can earn eight toons worth of AD.
  • muhammedwally#8348 muhammedwally Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    R.I.P. neverwinter. period. worst EVER proposal to limit all AD to account wide earnings to the measly amount ONLY 1 toon can earn. 20-30k in a realistic amount of time. Most people see the 100k limit and don't see the mt. everest high climb to reach that 100k. The wallet warriors will only have each other to play with. My daughter's characters are also on my account so there will no longer be any way for each character to earn AD. Game breaking. I suppose all campaigns, boons, companions, mounts and gear will still be bound to character and NOT shared like astral diamond earnings. Real low-ball s*it move. Even if it started raining legendary mounts, I don't think the game will recover from this nerf. Sure, people have said that before about previous nerfs, however, there will no longer be anything to play for if the only realistic way to progress a character is with loads of cash. Well, it was fun while it lasted.
    P.S. for the offended, regarding free to play vs. pay to play argument, most players have spent more money on this game than a console title. With this considered, I believe the financial requirements have been met between player and company. Apparent corporate greed has drawn a clear line in which can be heard echoing the current challenge to players without prosperity. "NONE SHALL PASS!"
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Hear me out. I believe I have come up with the best AD sink this game can possibly come up with. They should start to make all the most BIAS armor in this game fugly. Nothing will get the player base more willing to freely spend more AD, than to transmute a piece of fugly armor that they cannot live without. Not everyone will have the time and or money to be BIAS but all most everyone will find the time and or money to avoid being fugly. But for me, I am just glad I could help.
This discussion has been closed.