test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Right on queue Neverwinter Siege renders the rest of game unplayable

earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
not just this even but every event.
just after the last maintenance the connection was great

I logged out. when I came back

Siege started, and now if I can get into the game after 5 minutes of the instance loading I literally can't move, chat is offline , stuck in one spot, can't use post (it spawns roughly 2m after I press the key) been like this 1/2hr now.. it is this event, it always does it

Is there no way that the tech's can add more ability to the system to handle this problem that has wrecked the playability of the game every single time that an event starts running and throughout its whole duration?
Guild Leader Den of the Misfits

Comments

• ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    You may want to post this in the bug section rather than in general discussion. I doubt any dev or tech is ever going to see it here.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • jade1280jade1280 Member Posts: 174 Arc User
    Yeah how dare more people come to play the game and crash the server with their existance just because an event is on.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @jade1280 said:
    > Yeah how dare more people come to play the game and crash the server with their existance just because an event is on.

The servers should be able to handle it though.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    They can, it's you, I've had no lag whatsoever. Right after the patch there's a short period where a LOT of people download the patch at the same time which may cause a very temporary period of poor performance, but after that was fine, even in fane.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    No lag here either - sorry :smile:
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    Go into the game launcher options and see if "on-demand patching" is enabled again, not sure how or why this happens, but sometimes i switches itself back on after an update... which might be the reason for lagging so extreme when an event area is activated again and you try to go there.
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    ilithyn said:

You may want to post this in the bug section rather than in general discussion. I doubt any dev or tech is ever going to see it here.

I see it :)

I walked over to @miasmat 's office and he showed me what he sees on his scrying stone (metrics/performance numbers) and nothing out of the ordinary stood out :-/
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    well ... seeing our CM answerd the thread I better respond :) (I was avoiding bumping the thread)
    This long period of lag I suffered was right at the start of the event... and last event I was effected by lag off and on throughout the the whole thing

This time however the lag problem cleared up rather quickly over the next day and has been quite normal since.

So I officially 'uncomplain' and extend thanks for looking into how the events maybe effecting player connections when they initially go live.
    if that is possible?

<3
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    jade1280 said:

Yeah how dare more people come to play the game and crash the server with their existance just because an event is on.

Those ungrateful HAMSTER!!