test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What location do you want to go to after mod 14?

thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
edited May 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Well I would like to see other demiplanes of dread added not just Strahds.
After that they can do Waterdeep
Or another plane of existence if wizards allows it. Ixalan, More Dinosaurs, Vampires. pirates and also chupacabra's!
What are your ideas?

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Undermountain.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Moonshae Isles. Pirates.

Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Mithral Hall! They could do an amazing job with it, if they do it right. Who knows what dangers might still be lurking in the depths? The dwarves probably didn't get everything, and something new and nasty can decide to take up residence and feast on the occasional stray dwarf.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    The city of Sigil!!

However, more recent hints from WotC seem to suggest Waterdeep and Undermountain.
  • flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    Waterdeep and Luskan.
    We need finish Arkan Brotherhold / Valindra arch.
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Considering the Five Alliances, there are a dozen maps that can lead off like the Moonshae Isles, the High Forest, Graypeak Mountains, Anauroch, or the Silver Marches. In turn, good R.A. Salvatore story with adventures and campaigns can intertwine with devils, demons, and familiar monsters battling away for supremacy, with a descent set of stories. They could tuck in the remaining character classes, for some newbies to make their way up the ladder.

It might be a descent idea to spread out the level 70's to reach 80.
  • gherrm710#4072 gherrm710 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I honestly wouldn't mind adventuring into the abyss. And fighting some different demons. Take the fight to Graz'zt.
  • tesadarocktesadarock Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 6 Arc User
    we all gwf now. we love gwf:) in adventuring lazy times:P
    i love NW.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    I second Sigil with the Lower planes as an eventual destination. If it were up to me, the Blood War would resume and the players would have to temporarily ally with a faction and fight along side the demons, devils or (if PvPing) each other. My two EC.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • sierrebrarcsierrebrarc Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Here are my top pics, and why.
    Kara-Tur (Oriental Adventures - Monks!!!!!)
    Moonshae Isles (Druids)
    Silverymoon (Bards)
    Anauroch (They could give us a new race, D'tarig. Tricky little buggers that would work well for TR's)
    Sembia (Lycanthropes!!!!!)
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    Greyhawk
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • jmiller84jmiller84 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 188 Arc User
    I'd love to see them go back and expand into the Underdark, bring Menzoberranzan and Ched Nasad to life, and eventually bring back Dread Vault. Would also like to see adventuring into the Shadowfell to battle Draygo Quick.
    HR: Vretzen
    GWF: Vretzina
    OP: Vee
    DC: Evee
    CW: nezterV

Leader - Valaraukari Ascension
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    There is a decent chance that we will be seeing mods based on the "Many Eyes" storyline which will be unveiled later this week....well, actually I am pretty sure that this is the case.

I doubt that "Many Eyes" has anything to do with Ravenloft, so Ravenloft will probably be just a "single-mod" one - so, assuming the next mod (or two) that we get will be based on the "Many Eyes" story, what does that mean?

Well, "Many Eyes" suggest beholders, which would fit well underground - Undermountain or generic Underdark are certainly possible, but I guess we will see in a few days.
    Hoping for improvements...
    Not really a location, but more of an environment, I'd like to see another "floaty islands" zone similar to Pirates Skyhold or Spinward Rise. I really like the jumping around on earth motes on Spinward Rise, I'd like to see something new like that again, with more high altitude / low-grav stuff. A similar theme could apply to a space or planar setting just as easily too. When playing FPS games, me luvs me some low grav maps!

I would also really like to visit Evernight again on a more long term basis! It was super dark and really well done! Barovia is cool in a similar way, but actually being surrounded by and interacting with undead was really neat and creepy. Barovia's people are trapped and oppressed by evil. Evernight's "people" ARE evil.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    London Hackney or Old Kent Road circa 1984
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User
    pterias said:

Not really a location, but more of an environment, I'd like to see another "floaty islands" zone similar to Pirates Skyhold or Spinward Rise. I really like the jumping around on earth motes on Spinward Rise, I'd like to see something new like that again, with more high altitude / low-grav stuff. A similar theme could apply to a space or planar setting just as easily too. When playing FPS games, me luvs me some low grav maps!

I would also really like to visit Evernight again on a more long term basis! It was super dark and really well done! Barovia is cool in a similar way, but actually being surrounded by and interacting with undead was really neat and creepy. Barovia's people are trapped and oppressed by evil. Evernight's "people" ARE evil.

I'm sure there might be some neutral undead living in Evernight maybe. Just because one is undead does not mean all undead think like evil monsters.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    adinosii said:

There is a decent chance that we will be seeing mods based on the "Many Eyes" storyline which will be unveiled later this week....well, actually I am pretty sure that this is the case.

I doubt that "Many Eyes" has anything to do with Ravenloft, so Ravenloft will probably be just a "single-mod" one - so, assuming the next mod (or two) that we get will be based on the "Many Eyes" story, what does that mean?

Well, "Many Eyes" suggest beholders, which would fit well underground - Undermountain or generic Underdark are certainly possible, but I guess we will see in a few days.

If so, outstanding! That punk Xanathar owes me 10 gold anyways. :p

I know the game is tied to what WoTC sets for a new campaign, but I wish they would either take the respective campaigns in either a liner direction or (if they intend to keep hoping us back and forth all over Faerun) they'd make the regions like Calimport or in Westgate or the Dragon coast or even in places like Mulhorand. Its a shame that WoTC indirectly keeps us locked in that location when there is so much of Faerun that players could explore. So while I wouldn't mind something tied to Beholders and possibly the Xanathar (if thats where they're heading), I hope subsequent campaigns and mods add on to that story for a mod or two, or branches off to another section of Faerun for something new.

Oh, and bring back the lost dungeons please?

~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • jorifice1jorifice1 Member Posts: 1,042 Arc User
    Dark Sun.

'Wen considered the nature of time and understood that the universe is, instant by instant, recreated anew. Therefore, he understood, there is in truth no past, only a memory of the past. Blink your eyes, and the world you see next did not exist when you closed them. Therefore, he said, the only appropriate state of the mind is surprise. The only appropriate state of the heart is joy. The sky you see now, you have never seen before. The perfect moment is now. Be glad of it.' Terry Pratchet The Thief Of Time
  • brewofamazinessbrewofamaziness Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    > @thevampinator said:
    > Well I would like to see other demiplanes of dread added not just Strahds.
    > After that they can do Waterdeep
    > Or another plane of existence if wizards allows it. Ixalan, More Dinosaurs, Vampires. pirates and also chupacabra's!
    > What are your ideas?

I actually was hoping that Matt Mercer's homebrewed content might see some light. SUre it isn't quite canon but I know Chris Perkins and Matthew Mercer are friends so it might be cool to see something like this happen.

Like seeing the Lands of Emon, The City of Kraghammer, or the City of Vaselhiem and the many ancient temples to the original gods like Bahamet and Kord.

Plus, I would really enjoy seeing the Invulnerable Vagrant and Enchanter Prime Pumat Sol and his three magical duplicates. :smile:
    edited June 2018
    Well, from the Stream of Many Eyes, it looks like a pretty sure thing that Mod 15 is gonna be a Waterdeep cops'n'robbers heist movie. The next adventure is gonna be called "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist", with dragon being what they call gold pieces in Waterdeep.
    Post edited by pterias on
    edited June 2018
    Turns out there's more. "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist" is just the first low-level (1-5) adventure/setting book of a two-parter. They are releasing a second one "Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage" in November detailing Undermountain all the way to the bottom, for play from levels 6-20. Say hello to Mod 16!
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    pterias said:

Turns out there's more. "Waterdeep: Dragon Heist" is just the first low-level (1-5) adventure/setting book of a two-parter. They are releasing a second one "Waterdeep: Dungeon of the Mad Mage" in November detailing Undermountain all the way to the bottom, for play from levels 6-20. Say hello to Mod 16!

*Cheers* I love heist stuff, Waterdeep and Undermountain. This is going to be fun. Given the cover of the Dragon Heist book we might be getting Jarlaxl (again and in a bigger role this time) along with Halaster.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • aagni#2375 aagni Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Dark Sun! And i want psionics...and Druid!....and......and....and
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    The following comment does not represent any future unannounced plans for Neverwinter and is simply me, a fan, geeking out over different possibilities for the ttrpg:

http://comicbook.com/gaming/2018/06/04/dungeons-and-dragons-fifth-edition-campaign-settings/

• hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    edited June 2018

adinosii said:

If so, outstanding! That punk Xanathar owes me 10 gold anyways. :p

I know the game is tied to what WoTC sets for a new campaign, but I wish they would either take the respective campaigns in either a liner direction or (if they intend to keep hoping us back and forth all over Faerun) they'd make the regions like Calimport or in Westgate or the Dragon coast or even in places like Mulhorand. Its a shame that WoTC indirectly keeps us locked in that location when there is so much of Faerun that players could explore. So while I wouldn't mind something tied to Beholders and possibly the Xanathar (if thats where they're heading), I hope subsequent campaigns and mods add on to that story for a mod or two, or branches off to another section of Faerun for something new.

Oh, and bring back the lost dungeons please?

Hear, hear. And the lost rooms too!

screenshot_2018-06-04-02-02-45screenshot_2018-06-04-02-54-14screenshot_2018-06-04-11-04-04screenshot_2018-06-04-03-41-13
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    Player/fan ideas abound! :smiley:
  • shinytepigshinytepig Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Mechanus and Lantan :D
    Maybe I was born with it or maybe I'm a frozen banana.... bad joke, I think so >:D mwahahaha