test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Ravenloft Campaign

2»

Comments

• adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I discovered long ago that it helps to grab a copy of Direct X 9c from Filehippo and install it regardless of whether you are running Windows 7 or 10. I always keep a copy burned to DVD just in case... Apparently, Direct X 9c has specific key files that most MMOs need that are strangely missing in Direct X 10 through 12 even though they are supposed to be reverse compatible with Direct X 9c-dependent software.

http://www.filehippo.com/download_directx/

When Installing Direct X 9c, be sure to do the following:

1.) right-click the .exe
    2.) Select Properties/Compatibility/Compatibility mode
    3.) Check the box for: Run this program in compatibility mode for: Windows XP (Service Pack 3)
    4.) Apply and exit.

Run the program.
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Really truly, go to nvidia's site and look for latest drivers. Windows 10 has been doing this cool thing where it replaces your new drivers with old buggy drivers cuz it thinks they're better.
    Also, we'll have a build this weekend that detects video cards better, so that might be it too.

used a driver cleaner installed lastest nidiva patch for my card downloaded the new preview patch and now i can get back into preview Thanks miasmat and nowories

• qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    miasmat said:

Wasn't exactly sure where to put this.
    since mod 14 went on preview i get this error.
    Fatal error: Direct3d driver returned error code
    [DXG!_ERROR_UNSPORTED] while creating D3D device.
    and the game crashes have no problems logging in on the the live server
    if you need/want it the error reporting number it is

ticked id 105897852

We did see a couple reports of this which so far have been resolved with getting the latest drivers. Have you checked for graphics card driver updates?
    updated to the newest video drivers for my nividia 8600 gts but still crashes

I'll pass all this information on and see if anyone has any ideas on what is causing the crash.
    Really truly, go to nvidia's site and look for latest drivers. Windows 10 has been doing this cool thing where it replaces your new drivers with old buggy drivers cuz it thinks they're better.
    Also, we'll have a build this weekend that detects video cards better, so that might be it too.
    Hehe..Windows 10, the Trojan Horse Virus that never, ever gives up >:)
  • rainer#8575 rainer Member Posts: 280 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Edit: moved to the correct threads
    Post edited by rainer#8575 on
This discussion has been closed.