test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Suggestion: Using /hide should allow complete anonimity

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
When using /hide you are able to hide yourself from searches via the "social" tab. However there is one issue that can be quite cumbersome, particularly if you have a lot of toons you do professions on.

Whenever you begin to log in and out to do professions, or to invoke, anyone who is on your friends list sees you constantly log in and out, in and out, showing your @ handle each time you do so. Even if hidden to all it still shows your handle log in, then immediately back out.

I feel that when you type /hide on a character it should never show up anywhere that it logged in or out, to friends, or to randoms. An additional step of anonymity would be to allow players to "hide" from guild. I.E. if you're offline, you show as offline in the guild roster as well. Also chat channels which will show you as "online" even if you are hidden.

All of these combined factors make it relatively difficult to be more "anonymous" or "hidden" when online. I'm wondering if others would be glad to be rid of the constant clutter of login/outs that fill their chat. I also wonder if players would sometimes like to do their professions or dailies while remaining invisible to all but those in the immediate vicinity.

Does anyone agree/disagree?
Thanks
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I totally agree. It's one of the many reasons why I like Xbox. Their "appear offline" feature doesn't allow for this to happen. It even makes it so that guild members can't see you online.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • tecmysttecmyst Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 45 Arc User
    There is also temporary solution to that particular issue:
    I got few chat tabs and only in one the 'friend notify' option is checked, others doesn't have that feature, so I don't see @ handles come and go, no matter the visibility status of friends.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    tecmyst said:

There is also temporary solution to that particular issue:
    I got few chat tabs and only in one the 'friend notify' option is checked, others doesn't have that feature, so I don't see @ handles come and go, no matter the visibility status of friends.

That doesn't help the person who's trying to hide their online status from their friends. :/
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    But your friends are supposed to help you hide the bodies...
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I agree that creating all the log-off log-on is unwelcome.

Currently when login in or changing chars (whenever going through the login server and chat servers) it first messages the "@handle logged in" and then checks the hide status and immediately sends "@handle logged off" which is annoying.
    It should simply check the flag before sending the message and not send it at all, and/or if needed make the flag account wide so it can be checked before login specific char.

On the other hand the whole hidden from friends/guild/channels is not that of an issue, and IMO if I need to hide from friends I can just remove the people from friends list.

So not to spam friends when invoking = yes please
    All the different hidden in or not completely hidden in general = don't care.

Currently the whole log off log on spam doesn't show when the person is actually free for stuff. It's mostly counter productive, as most people would like to do professions /invokes / AH stuff, and only then announce the world they logged in.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    +++ totally agree with OP!
    invisibility would be far better than "half visibility", in order to play really immersively when i feel like it...
    full invisibility would be a great QOL improvement for me!