test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Game Crashing Visiting Stronghold

This has been happening for a while now, at least for me but I'm getting full game crashes when either:

A) Visiting my guild Stronghold. (crashes while trying during loading screen)
or
B) Crashes randomly while running through Stronghold.

This happens at just various, random times. Sometimes it happens, sometimes it doesn't.

Comments

• andy#7236 andy Member Posts: 32 Arc User
    Had lots of same crashes, even while fighting tyrant and kos, get near end, them bam. I log back in and I'm all by myself lol
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    When did these crashes start?
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    The most useful info to send us is the ET # that appears in the CrypticError reporting window that appears (where it says you can add some details about what was happening). This will help us distinguish your particular crash from any others that are happening, and give you specific feedback of "oh, this is what happened and avoid doing that until we ship a fix".
  • kaudilhokaudilho Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    miasmat said:

The most useful info to send us is the ET # that appears in the CrypticError reporting window that appears (where it says you can add some details about what was happening). This will help us distinguish your particular crash from any others that are happening, and give you specific feedback of "oh, this is what happened and avoid doing that until we ship a fix".

The problem is cripticError doesn't even show up now, game close itself like once or two per day. In dangeons, during quests without any reason.And it's not just me, multiple ppl, sometimes even in the same group while running same content.

Harding Grim
    Guild:
    Dragon Server-Essence of Aggression
    Drider Server- TheWolves
    youtube channel
  • adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    The problem is, there is no error message. The game will just unexpectedly swicth over to the login (at least for me) and when I log back in, I get the option for normal or safe login. At first, I thought it might be a connectivity issue like when the red text pops up on screen counting the server lag, but in this case it is a clean and sudden disconnect.
  • magekazin#3980 magekazin Member Posts: 52 Arc User
    agreed you don't get an error message most of the time the game just kicks you out and you have to fully close it and restart. These have been happening for months for the record. One of my guildmates has it happen at least once a day if not more.
  • sickthunder#2706 sickthunder Member Posts: 1 New User
    The game keeps crashing from me since the day I downloaded it. I'm unable to start a new game because after the first steps the game crashes everytime. Any fix for this? (Already tried to uninstall-reinstall, and the same happened to some friends of mine)
  • krona#2532 krona Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    When the game crashes while you're in the Stronghold, it's more likely to do it if you're in a group.
  • muramune99#1335 muramune99 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    Honestly, this has been going on for months. It isn't just when I'm in a party. It seemes to be in specific spots too. I'll be walking east from the stronghold, where a tree will be on my right, and it will crash most often. It could be related to information overload of the stronghold map. Many players in my alliance experience these types of crashes (blue screen). It's annoying when doing maraders, dragonflight, influence, or tending the structures. We've reported through Playstation many times, but haven't heard a thing back and the crashes continued. It's hard to prove without a capture card or streaming, as the PS4 doesn't allow video saves after a crash.
  • barbours2012#1311 barbours2012 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Mine crashes every time I join stronghold events. About a minute in siege and it crashes. Other than that I am fine. I stopped doing stronghold events because of it.
  • mongol69mongol69 Member Posts: 447 Arc User
    I crash 1 in 5 average times loading stronghold, just before 2nd bosss fight of cr, or first loading into t9g. Its been this way for a long long time for sh, since mod 12, though in mod 12 it was a 50 50 crashrate. Cr and t9 since release of content for ravenloft
  • knoke#4464 knoke Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    This is an everyday occurrence and not just the stronghold. While placing cards in barovian hunts it happens, traveling through any zone it has happened to me and others I know. I have ran through the fixes support has given and none of them apply to this problem. Most times it is a blue error screen but others its a time out of server log out that happens immediately, no red server not responding warning.