test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

please do something about the random queues

As one of the few people left I try to accumulate some extra rough ad trough the random epic queue system.
I'll most likely use my dc for it because as a dps it takes way too much time to get in a dungeon.

So I get into a epic temple of spiders with an entire group of alts all around 8K-9K item level.
Right of the bat, the dps with the highest itemlevel desides that he should afk until we reach the boss so I'm stuck with 2 8K dps and a 8.5K tank
I manage to get trough the first 2 bosses only to see that I did all of the work.
At this point I'm at 85m damage and the tank comes in second with 1.5m damage.
I tell my group that we'll only succeed if we have some dps and start a vote to kick the afk player.
For some reason vote gets discarded because some people vote no so we continue.
Finally at the boss it takes 10 minutes for me to get the first 3 bars of health down so he turns into that giant spider and then it's just dps all the way till the end.
after a short while it's becoming apparent that the tank has never played his class before.
He ignores the simple mechanics of blocking those lines that regenerate health so we're further away from completion
After 20 min I give up, only to see that I can't quit because I'll get penalized for it.
So after another 5 min of spamming to vote kick me I successfully get out of the dungeon.

Please, please, please do something about the random queue system.
I got some propositions to consider.

1 - return the ad awards to normal dungeon runs and give a bonus for completing a random dungeon
2 - match me with other people who are also doing a random dungeon instead of everyone
3 - pretty sure you can get an alt up to 11K without a problem, maybe consider upping the item level requirements so people have to put a little effort into their alts.
4 - get rid of the account wide dungeon unlocks. If people want to do a specific dungeon with an alt, at least work your way up to the point where you deserve to unlock that specific dungeon. that way you at least learn the basics of your class.
5 - if would say remove the leaver penalty but that will only result into people surfing through dungeons till the get a specific dungeon

As for the people who are placing their alts in this random lists, at least try to improve those alts so those dungeons are not a one man army.
And if you lack the interest or motivation to improve those alts, just go trough the normal dungeons.

Comments

• zogarazogara Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    Erm... I think you posted this on the wrong subforum. This forum is for the preview/test server.
  • spoiker429spoiker429 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    after all the years of playing the game , I run into guilds and people I don't like in random que's , so I leave. I really don't care I have 10 toons that can do random ques. forcing me to play with people or guilds I don't like is unacceptable .
  • grogthemagnifgrogthemagnif Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,651 Arc User
    It seems that they have done something about Random Queues in Ravenloft. Unable to check it out due to low number playing.