test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Cradle of the death God

wax#3923 wax Member Posts: 118 Arc User
Hey are you guys actually going to get off of this money-grab concept and just start making a game again so people can play and put money into when they want to not when you force it and have a good time this cradle of the death Gods is messed up you guys know it and we're going to be waiting for a couple mods before you guys fix it but you're constantly wasting our freaking stuff like Scrolls Mass life all of that in the meantime we're burning through all these resources you guys are money grabbing off of us in the meantime seriously just fix the dang game on Xbox

Comments

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    the push pull is silly. :/ but seriously why no N version of this trial so people can learn the mechanics if you're not going to have a camp fire? this isn't an ad sink so much as a time sink. there is no way to learn the mechanics because it's 10 minutes before you can try again. and time sinks are just as much fun as money sinks.
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    I spent the better part of my morning in an alliance run where we tried to do codg. In the hours I was there, we came close a few times but too many fell to the push pull mechanism. I will not run it again, I think. There is nothing that is worth that kind of aggravation or resources.

Worse yet, as a mother of young children, the sound of a human baby crying as we fight...is simply... I can't even find the words to describe how horrible it makes me feel.

I am beyond disgusted and offended by this part of the skirmish.

And I haven't even mentioned lag.

This experience has pretty much ended my interest in this mod and with the changes planned for mod14, I guess I'll just focus on making AD while I still can. Hoping for better in the future.
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Cradle is super easy if you don't get scrubs that can actually stay on platform.

I've learned item level, especially in cradle means nothing since even 18ks act as if the pull/push is the hardest task in the world.
    just because someone doesn't yet know how to stay on the platform doesn't make them a "scrub" 99 percent of the people trying to do that have a hard time learning it because it spits you back to the beginning after one go. there are no other areas to learn this . some people are blessed with less lag than others. also some characters as I understand it are much easier to control than others. self righteousness isn't something that others admire even if you think it is lol.

there are valid complaints here.
  • joemangan#9373 joemangan Member Posts: 11 Arc User

just because someone doesn't yet know how to stay on the platform doesn't make them a "scrub" 99 percent of the people trying to do that have a hard time learning it because it spits you back to the beginning after one go. there are no other areas to learn this . some people are blessed with less lag than others. also some characters as I understand it are much easier to control than others. self righteousness isn't something that others admire even if you think it is lol.

Hey are you guys actually going to get off of this money-grab concept and just start making a game again so people can play and put money into when they want to not when you force it and have a good time this cradle of the death Gods is messed up you guys know it and we're going to be waiting for a couple mods before you guys fix it but you're constantly wasting our freaking stuff like Scrolls Mass life all of that in the meantime we're burning through all these resources you guys are money grabbing off of us in the meantime seriously just fix the dang game on Xbox

the push pull is silly. :/ but seriously why no N version of this trial so people can learn the mechanics if you're not going to have a camp fire? this isn't an ad sink so much as a time sink. there is no way to learn the mechanics because it's 10 minutes before you can try again. and time sinks are just as much fun as money sinks.

Everything you guys have said was literally what we (PC Users) have already talked about when CODG first released. All i can say is that you find groups that are willing to learn the mechanic of push and pull; better yet if you find groups that know it already like the back of their hand, and you become a regular.

It's a hard concept to get used to, but complaining on the forums about something new that you currently don't know how to properly do is stupid.. Yes it's stupid that there's no official way to "train for the push and pull" until you actually get to the boss, but it's literally a trial that's risk vs reward. The more time you put into something the better, don't be mad because 80% of the people that run it cant yet do it. It took me 2 weeks to be able to find a bunch of people that can run it no problem, and that took a change of guild.

Everything you guys have said was literally what we (PC Users) have already talked about when CODG first released. All i can say is that you find groups that are willing to learn the mechanic of push and pull; better yet if you find groups that know it already like the back of their hand, and you become a regular.

It's a hard concept to get used to, but complaining on the forums about something new that you currently don't know how to properly do is stupid.. Yes it's stupid that there's no official way to "train for the push and pull" until you actually get to the boss, but it's literally a trial that's risk vs reward. The more time you put into something the better, don't be mad because 80% of the people that run it cant yet do it. It took me 2 weeks to be able to find a bunch of people that can run it no problem, and that took a change of guild.

I'm not mad. but I don't think it's stupid to go to a place the devs read and post feedback on something that was supposedly created for us, the users. so people have posted the same feedback before. that should strengthen the feedback.

if you say nothing you get nine more mods identical.
  • joemangan#9373 joemangan Member Posts: 11 Arc User

I'm not mad. but I don't think it's stupid to go to a place the devs read and post feedback on something that was supposedly created for us, the users. so people have posted the same feedback before. that should strengthen the feedback.

I never said it was stupid to give feedback, but when it's complaining about you being unable to deal with a new mechanic in the game after it only being out for a week.. it seems really unfair. Like i said it took people on PC a while to figure it out, and even then most Public groups still struggle with it.
    edited May 2018

I never said it was stupid to give feedback, but when it's complaining about you being unable to deal with a new mechanic in the game after it only being out for a week.. it seems really unfair. Like i said it took people on PC a while to figure it out, and even then most Public groups still struggle with it.

I don't believe I heard anyone say they can't deal with it. I believe it was asked that it be fixed. I personally said why no N version (With a campfire) so we can actually learn the mechanic.

and even if someone had said they couldn't deal with it..... how is that unfair? no one on pc complained about it? at all?
    edited May 2018
    edited because this comment was wrong. it was something else entirely
    Post edited by thefiresidecat on
  • trevor#8542 trevor Member Posts: 119 Arc User
    The biggest problem is the people who spent like 300 bucks to open up cradle when mod dropped and had all that time to get used to the push\pull mechanic. When everyone falls off because its new to 85% of the player base they quit and call everyone who fell off a scrub or noob but yet they were doing it to just a few weeks before everyone else. they have created a toxic environment when it comes to this trial. They wont fix it because they made a huge profit with being able to buy the expedition leader pack on the same toon as many times as you wanted while still being able to collect the week 1 currency every time they bought it. And I dont care about that its their money its the elitist HAMSTER that follows thats the problem. looking for experienced players to run codg when most opened it up that morning and they had weeks to train and master the push\pull mechanic. It wouldnt be so bad if they just leave but no they make sure to let everyone know what they are before they do just because they wasted their time and money in some cases I was in the port today and ive never seen it so empty. I know im going to get hated for posting this thats how these forums are run but I dont care it needed to be said.
    edited May 2018

The biggest problem is the people who spent like 300 bucks to open up cradle when mod dropped and had all that time to get used to the push\pull mechanic. When everyone falls off because its new to 85% of the player base they quit and call everyone who fell off a scrub or noob but yet they were doing it to just a few weeks before everyone else. they have created a toxic environment when it comes to this trial. They wont fix it because they made a huge profit with being able to buy the expedition leader pack on the same toon as many times as you wanted while still being able to collect the week 1 currency every time they bought it. And I dont care about that its their money its the elitist HAMSTER that follows thats the problem. looking for experienced players to run codg when most opened it up that morning and they had weeks to train and master the push\pull mechanic. It wouldnt be so bad if they just leave but no they make sure to let everyone know what they are before they do just because they wasted their time and money in some cases I was in the port today and ive never seen it so empty. I know im going to get hated for posting this thats how these forums are run but I dont care it needed to be said.

I"ve JUST been going on "practice runs" or call out that I am looking for training/practice runs and haven't seen the toxic at all personally but I'm sure it's there. I've seen the tude in chat for sure.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User

I know im going to get hated for posting this thats how these forums are run but I dont care it needed to be said.

I dont think you gonna get hated. Why? Because your post is full of false facts, wrong accusations and senseless flames against theese so called elitiests....i dont think you get hated for this. I think most of the users are feeling ( i do m8) pity for you.

BTT:

There are so many vids on YT for all classes in codg. So many explainations for the pull/push mechanic. Watch it. It will help you a lot.

I know im going to get hated for posting this thats how these forums are run but I dont care it needed to be said.

I dont think you gonna get hated. Why? Because your post is full of false facts, wrong accusations and senseless flames against theese so called elitiests....i dont think you get hated for this. I think most of the users are feeling ( i do m8) pity for you.

BTT:

There are so many vids on YT for all classes in codg. So many explainations for the pull/push mechanic. Watch it. It will help you a lot.

the videos help with the elevator but the push pull needs to be experienced. watching doesn't help a lot. especially since survival techniques change from class to class
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    edited May 2018

the videos help with the elevator but the push pull needs to be experienced. watching doesn't help a lot. especially since survival techniques change from class to class

If you only watch and dont listen...maybe they doesn´t help. There are Vids for every class and the special "circumstances" to learn the push/pull mechanic. So you have more than just some hints to play that. What else do you need? Build a group ( with your guild or your FL), join cradle, practice. Anything else?
    To practice you dont need 10 ppl. You can do the phases to get to the baby with much more less ppl.
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > just because someone doesn't yet know how to stay on the platform doesn't make them a "scrub" 99 percent of the people trying to do that have a hard time learning it because it spits you back to the beginning after one go. there are no other areas to learn this . some people are blessed with less lag than others. also some characters as I understand it are much easier to control than others. self righteousness isn't something that others admire even if you think it is lol.
    >
    >
    > there are valid complaints here.

I stand by what I said. When you have players who are 17k and can't stay on even after 5 + practice runs it shows they have no idea how to adapt to changes.

Don't bring up lag, that is a cheap excuse and you can only blame the game for so long. I have pretty bad internet and ive only went off the edge the very first two times I tried it. I unlocked it when everyone else did. Apparently, according to your post asking for help you were having quite the trouble staying on so I understand you got triggered by the general "scrub" comment.

If you only watch and dont listen...maybe they doesn´t help. There are Vids for every class and the special "circumstances" to learn the push/pull mechanic. So you have more than just some hints to play that. What else do you need? Build a group ( with your guild or your FL), join cradle, practice. Anything else?
    To practice you dont need 10 ppl. You can do the phases to get to the baby with much more less ppl.
    watching helps a little (5% maybe) doing is where you learn here.

> @thefiresidecat said:

> just because someone doesn't yet know how to stay on the platform doesn't make them a "scrub" 99 percent of the people trying to do that have a hard time learning it because it spits you back to the beginning after one go. there are no other areas to learn this . some people are blessed with less lag than others. also some characters as I understand it are much easier to control than others. self righteousness isn't something that others admire even if you think it is lol.

>

>

> there are valid complaints here.

I stand by what I said. When you have players who are 17k and can't stay on even after 5 + practice runs it shows they have no idea how to adapt to changes.

Don't bring up lag, that is a cheap excuse and you can only blame the game for so long. I have pretty bad internet and ive only went off the edge the very first two times I tried it. I unlocked it when everyone else did. Apparently, according to your post asking for help you were having quite the trouble staying on so I understand you got triggered by the general "scrub" comment.

lol. yeah whatever dude. self righteous is self righteous. actually I'm doing ok now. still have some practice to go but that doesn't mean this isn't a stupid mechanic. and yes lag is real and it is difficult to fight against especially since it's not consistent. it's not a cheap excuse. all I see in posts like yours is a desperate need to put yourself above others for whatever reason. but it's not valid. and for some classes 5 plus runs is not enough to learn this mechanic. it takes a lot of practice because you only get one chance every 10 minutes. it's spread out so you can't just practice practice practice and that's stretched out by the amount of people who are like screw this. and quit after every run so you spend 10 minutes in a run wait 20 minutes while people get bored waiting for more people and quit in between the new people coming in... yeah.. no this sucks and it's valid. there shoujld be an N version of this trial. end of.

blaming the game all day long is perfectly fine here. it's not reasonable. it is learn-able with patience. but it takes a lot of patience and time. god help those who don't have the hours to spend on this that others have.
  • johnnyreklaw#1518 johnnyreklaw Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I am constantly surprised that, with every dungeon, things are too hard. Storvald's "wipe" move in MSVA, Nothic Stone Eye's push in MSP, T9G's Orcus Health, T9G's Ras Nsi entire fight.....

Yet each of these get progressively easier the longer they're out. The more time players have to run the content, the better they become. I rarely run a failing MSP any more and the fail rate of T9 has dropped dramatically. I haven't done cradle successfully, but after about 3 attempts, I had the mechanic down on my cleric.

I'm glad these dungeons are no longer a smash-the-boss fest. There are finally mechanics that bolster the run with more than just who can hit hard and fast. I actually love that you can't base damage at the end of T9G because the skeleton key buff skews results. Finally people have to pay attention to mechanics and not just shear power.

The issue is the 5% of players who are elitist speed-runners and refuse to take anything less than 17k who can stay on the platform with a Rex and at least 20 scrolls. That is, unfortunately, the nature of players. But think about this: If they are so good, why are they publicly looking for runs all the time? I'd think a top tier player would have tons of other top-tier player friends who could run that content constantly. But they don't. No one wants to play with them so they're forced to take an hour to find a their cookie-cutter groups to make sure they succeed.

The true "good players" have friends/guilds/alliances who they help get better. There are plenty of GH20's you never see announcing pug runs because they got together as a group and learned it together. They built up enough players in their guild/alliance that they dont' need to bring in anyone else. They have tolerable non-elitist mentalities that allow their players to learn and play the game. They grow the community by helping lower levels reach those upper dungeons and they have 2 hour training runs of CoDG so players can learn.

Don't get angry at the 5% of elitist jerks who post for players who can "stay on the platform or get kicked." That's just an elitist jerk not worth your time. If more people ignore those callouts, those elitists will either have to relent their standards, not run the content, or quit. Any of the above is okay with me. The reason you don't see the good players is that they found a community that is accepting and helpful. If you don't have one, look for one. They exist.
    well sweet on pc they've gotten a patch for the pull section to make it lessened. hasn't hit us yet from what I can see.. but yay! looks like they listened to the outcry...
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    time for me to try again then ...
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I complained about it when it first came out, after doing it dozens of times and finally getting the push/pull down solid though I say it’s really not that bad, it was probably about the right difficulty before they adjusted it to be easier.

That said they should have a normal version with less rewards, weaker mobs, a campfire at the atropal, and maybe a weaker push/pull for the new players to learn the mechanics of it.
  • sengir0#3465 sengir0 Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    anyone from pc felt the difference of pull/push?

I complained about it when it first came out, after doing it dozens of times and finally getting the push/pull down solid though I say it’s really not that bad, it was probably about the right difficulty before they adjusted it to be easier.

That said they should have a normal version with less rewards, weaker mobs, a campfire at the atropal, and maybe a weaker push/pull for the new players to learn the mechanics of it.

given the amount of people that are having severe problems with it (lag is something you can't discount. it can be very bad and that makes it inconsistent for people to learn it) I do not think it was at a reasonable amount. frankly I don't think that mechanic should have been there at all. or it should be just one way. push or pull. there should be an N version though and it should have the same push pull so people can learn it. but it should have a campfire so people can learn it reasonably. I personally don't give a HAMSTER what the rewards are for it. lol I just want a learning experience that is reasonable. I am a housewife. the time sink is something I can do (even if I don't appreciate them doing it this way) there are many without the time available I have. I feel for them.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    I’d say if anything the trail is too easy, especially now with the weaker pull on PC, strong elite groups can run it in 10 minutes. Your average group does it in 20-30 minutes with maybe one push/pull wipe due to various factors like lag. It’s ok to fall once in a while because of lag or what have. It’s even ok for the entire group to fall once and have a wipe, as long as it’s only one wipe. It’s when 75% of the group is falling off on every attempt that it’s a problem and wipe fest, this means either you are on a training/practice run or your group sucks and you need a better group.

Everyone agrees we need a normal version with a campfire at the bottom for practice though.