test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Ravenloft Rewards

ctatumdev#6113 ctatumdev Member Posts: 34 Cryptic Developer

Ravenloft Rewards

Greetings adventurers, this thread is for providing bug reports and feedback on the following topics:
  • 5 new Artifact Equipment Sets
  • 1 new Artifact Weapon Set
  • New Hunt equipment rewards
  • Tarokka Box, Deck and Cards
  • Vampire Hunting Kit
  • A new Seal and Seal store, Seal of the Crown!*
  • And other new rewards in Module M14!

Please keep in mind, as always: everything on preview is subject to change. There is no guarantee what you see on preview will translate directly when the module launches on the live server.

Thank you for taking the time to play on preview and provide feedback, see you in Ravenloft!

----

Formatting Your Feedback and Bugs

For posting feedback and bugs, please follow the following format to ensure your feedback and bugs are seen clearly and processed in a timely manner, thank you!

Type: Bug/Feedback (Please only choose one)
If you are listing a bug please have this text in RED, if you are posting an opinion or feedback please use CYAN. If you are replying to another user's post, or just engaging in general discussion, please do not color your posts, general discussion is welcome and we will read all of it, regardless of color! You can use BBCode to color your text:

<font color=cyan>This text will display in cyan.</font> <font color=red>This text will display in red.</font>

Examples:
Bug: When I try to create my Tarokka Deck in the Tarokka Box, when I hit the button, nothing happens.

Feedback: If I could have Strahd's Mount, that would be great.
Post edited by ctatumdev#6113 on

Comments

• c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I personally welcome this as I don't play much anymore and it allows me to farm seals while not having to wait for tong group .. but doens't it make mod 12/13 complely useless ?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    c3rb3r3 said:

I personally welcome this as I don't play much anymore and it allows me to farm seals while not having to wait for tong group .. but doens't it make mod 12/13 complely useless ?

Your comment has been merged with the appropriate feedback thread.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    Feedback
    The new artifact sets are incredibly underpowered from a first review with the exception of the AoE attacks grant 5% damage. I'm sorry but that is going to get nerfed I know it already. How many Powers does CW have that are AoE? And what about the Tyrannical Curse of SW? I hope all those spewing damage things don't count as AoE attacks.

Really I think you guys have to rework those slightly as if nothing else is clear, they are out of balance.

Even better would be an upgrade option. The only reason at the moment for main DPS classes to chase the new artifact sets is gearscore when older sets from Orcus are still just as good if not better. Would be much appreciated if a method of upgrading old artifact sets to new item level and stat bonus amounts was implemented.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

Feedback
    The new artifact sets are incredibly underpowered from a first review with the exception of the AoE attacks grant 5% damage. I'm sorry but that is going to get nerfed I know it already. How many Powers does CW have that are AoE? And what about the Tyrannical Curse of SW? I hope all those spewing damage things don't count as AoE attacks.

Really I think you guys have to rework those slightly as if nothing else is clear, they are out of balance.

Even better would be an upgrade option. The only reason at the moment for main DPS classes to chase the new artifact sets is gearscore when older sets from Orcus are still just as good if not better. Would be much appreciated if a method of upgrading old artifact sets to new item level and stat bonus amounts was implemented.

@ibz4ez#9773 can you share what the new set bonuses are?
  • ibz4ez#9773 ibz4ez Member Posts: 117 Arc User
    dairyzeus said:

Feedback

@ibz4ez#9773 can you share what the new set bonuses are?
    Having to repatch the game. Will be editing my comment with the appropriate set bonuses shortly.

The one I mentioned in the comment above was from the set bonus "Every time you cast an AoE attack on a single target gain 5% damage."
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    New set bonuses include bonus stats (1k power), debuff stacking up to 5%, more bonus stats, another 5% debuff, AND ANOTHER BONUS STATS.

Man I hope these are placeholder. These are terrible. No endgame DPS will take these.
  • tomiotartomiotar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 227 Arc User
    After reading all the bonus I just know something, there is nothing new that I would prefer compared to the Mod 12/13 gear and that include the new weapons set that is clearly inferior to the primals that you will be able to get doing HE and random queue now. I believe everything is placeholder as I can't understand why people will want this new gear and better dont talk about the campaign boons. I dont deny that it would be cool if the people play the game without hopping for rewards just for the fun, but that isn't what usually happen on MMORPGs.
  • rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    What is this weapon enchantment and where can we acquire it from?

What is this armor enchantment and where can we acquire it from?

If they are expected to be in Zen packs, then could one of the devs please put some copies of these enchants on the preview AH? So players can test them and give feedback?

edited May 2018
    rjc9000 said:

What is this weapon enchantment and where can we acquire it from?

What is this armor enchantment and where can we acquire it from?

If they are expected to be in Zen packs, then could one of the devs please put some copies of these enchants on the preview AH? So players can test them and give feedback?

Are those supposed to be stat enchants or weapon/armor enchants? Are the tooltips known already?

EDIT: Just asked Cay, drops in new dungeon. Armor/weapon enchants.
    Could anyone on the dev team tell us the precise effect of the Groot pet?

Does the pet simply give you Combat Advantage wherever you are?

Does the pet multiply the basic CA bonus (so instead of 15% extra damage off CA, you gain 30%, not factoring CHA/Drow Ambush Tactics/etc.)?

Or does it simply double the entire CA damage category (including the stat/CHA/Drow Ambush Tactics/etc.)?

rjc9000 said:

Does the pet multiply the basic CA bonus (so instead of 15% extra damage off CA, you gain 30%, not factoring CHA/Drow Ambush Tactics/etc.)?

Or does it simply double the entire CA damage category (including the stat/CHA/Drow Ambush Tactics/etc.)?

Or just doubles your CA stat - my money's on that.
  • pointybagelspointybagels Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    The Vistani shirt and pants have the wrong enchantment slots. The pants have an offense slot and the shirt has a defense slot. This is the opposite of what all current shirt/pants have.

I assume this is not intentional. If it is, it seems like a very odd choice. The essentially free Vistani pants will be best in slot for most if not all classes.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    rjc9000 said:

It wasn't intended to be quite that high. But it adds to the combat advantage stat. When we update the number it should add 25% damage to combat advantage. Meaning if you were at +50% combat advantage damage, it would bring it to +75%. If you were at +100% it would bring it to +125%.

rjc9000 said:

It wasn't intended to be quite that high. But it adds to the combat advantage stat. When we update the number it should add 25% damage to combat advantage. Meaning if you were at +50% combat advantage damage, it would bring it to +75%. If you were at +100% it would bring it to +125%.
    Does this 25% get multiplied by Drow Ambush Tactics?

Its still kinda HAMSTER because it's heavily capped.
  • c3rb3r3c3rb3r3 Member Posts: 277 Arc User
    edited May 2018

rjc9000 said:

looks decent, maybe a full combat advantage composition would be viable

Does it counts toward Drow Ambush boon ?
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    c3rb3r3 said:

looks decent, maybe a full combat advantage composition would be viable

Does it counts toward Drow Ambush boon ?
    BTW, could you take in count Drow Ambush boon in the details of combat advantage damage in the character sheet ?

Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
  • dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    RE: the Vampire Hunting Kit

How exactly are we supposed to make this usable? I have the actual kit but the game tells me I have to obtain the 3 things that go inside;- Silver Weaponing, Holy Water, Morninglord's Lantern. I've interrogated all the shop NPCs I could find in the zone and also checked the campaign store through the campaign windown and none of them seem to have these things in them. Are they going to unlock with more campaign progression? It seems a little odd to give us a belt item that's effectively an empty container.
  • eoleeeolee Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Most of the gear from hunts is terrible. Who would want something heavily defensedeflect that knockbacks mobs, that makes you lose power after 2 minutes, that can stun you and so on.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Did I miss some gear or no artefact belt has Con+Cha (+offensive stat) combination again?
    I mean, you are strangely accustomed to make a tailored set for every single class except SW. (probably since Black ice set, but even that time you at least figured out how to make the most useless set bonus... :(
    rikitaki said:

Did I miss some gear or no artefact belt has Con+Cha (+offensive stat) combination again?
    I mean, you are strangely accustomed to make a tailored set for every single class except SW. (probably since Black ice set, but even that time you at least figured out how to make the most useless set bonus... :(

Most of the new sets are kinda HAMSTER anyways. I could only see OPs using the one that gives you 5% of power when you shield.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Not a complaint - just an observation.

While I like most of mod 14 (hunt mechanisms are a vast improvement over Chult hunts and the AD changes should produce a healthier economy), there is very little that I am really interested in obtaining. Sure, the bat swarm and the broom are cool, and the new Illusionist Mask artifact is a must-have for one of my builds, but the new weapons, hunt gear and seal shop items? Meh.....nothing I really want.

I'll get the boons for the IL boost, but other than that...meh...

Still, on the positive side - there is nothing I consider really bad....some mediocre stuff, some good stuff and a few pieces of great stuff...but nothing really bad.
    Hoping for improvements...
    adinosii said:

Not a complaint - just an observation.

While I like most of mod 14 (hunt mechanisms are a vast improvement over Chult hunts and the AD changes should produce a healthier economy), there is very little that I am really interested in obtaining. Sure, the bat swarm and the broom are cool, and the new Illusionist Mask artifact is a must-have for one of my builds, but the new weapons, hunt gear and seal shop items? Meh.....nothing I really want.

I'll get the boons for the IL boost, but other than that...meh...

Still, on the positive side - there is nothing I consider really bad....some mediocre stuff, some good stuff and a few pieces of great stuff...but nothing really bad.

There are a lotta things you would wanna get - starting with the new comp, mount, enchants... but none of those are parts of the campaign. The new sets that you can buy as a part of said campaigns are underwhelming - the 5% debuff set would be fair if it was a 10% buff instead, and that's something I'd wanna get but right now... just meh. I don't think any endgame DPS will get those sets as Demogorgon set is still the best one.
    Thanks to Duck and Mari, I was able to get a UP Prominence enchant to play around with.

Please make the enchantment's effect more visible.

Something like a Brilliant Energy visual, rather than the volcanic weapon-esque visual. The enchantment effects are too dull and muted, I actually thought there was no visual when I first saw it.

The damage effect is pretty nice. 70% of weapon damage procs actually places as the most damaging proc based enchantment, and on GWF, it's rather decent. But, the classic "procs suck on most classes" problem rears its head, so I can only see GWFs using this enchantment in a odd circumstance.

The Absolution-esque shield is rather unnoticeable, only yielding around 30,000-40,000 for most players. I can see why it's so low, as you guys didn't want to give everyone a free Templar's Wrath.

Overall, a decently strong enchantment that does its purpose. However, it doesn't solve the disparity of the proc based enchantments versus Feytouched/Vorpal/Dread.

Bugs: Prominence Enchantment

The tooltip does not actively scale with your buffs and debuffs, unlike every other proc enchantment in the game.
    The Prominence pulsing effect is actually 63% of weapon damage at base, rather than 70% as written in the tooltip.

• theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    While I'm currently cannot go into detail (because I only spent a few hour on that mod), initial thought:

1, I love how this mod helps new player. Btw, the Rank 8 filled gears are a little suspiciously easily got from the "welcome pack". And at most, the hunt gear and even the dungeon gear is underwhelming. I'm sure that classes like GWF would change 1 or 0. CW go with 2 upmost and 100% uninterested in hunt gear. The miss of rings is understandable, but makes the hunts even less desireable as it is. And let's note, I'd be a huge waste to make people uninterested in at the moment kind of best approach to hunting (while I'm personally can't wait to the guides to come out).

The neck sets are horrible. Even the 5% DPS (if cannot stack that I'm not tested, but if so, it's ridicoulusly OP, nerf now and I will try to make it like 40-50% bonus) seems not appealing for CW. And CW does NOT use set for optimised damage, it got beaten by the owlbear belt and company cap for a sum of 6 Int and 1400 AD + 1 week guild membership of investment.

-+5% under some bossfight kinda means that you need 2 set for optimised gameplay. But if the +5% makes you lose noticeable stat, +4% of your damage, you don't really need the urge to craft and change sets between phases. Because it's not convenient and niche.

-It does not really makes sense to mix clearly defensive things on an offensive set. 8 AC and def is useless. And I can't even remember what stats the neck part had (except the AC and HP), I only remember the belt, because I had to type those stats to my friend. And I found HP on them way more useful than AC+def combined, because I can utilise it with life steal. +8 AC and def still makes me one- or twohitted.

So, my suggestions are:
    -Make that set offensive, give it AP gain, crit as stat and stuff.
    -AoE shoud give the bonus regardless of how many enemies it hits (and shorten to 4-5 sec duration instead of 10). Or make it like 2% and stack to 3 with every AoE cast.
    OR if the bonus wants to remain the same, make it better than 5%, because most set or non-set combination give out way better results with less requirement.
    -Make it refresh if it's not already.

• dominious12dominious12 Member Posts: 92 Arc User
    Aha, ty very much! I went to do the HE "Hostage" on the far west of the map just below fell bridge and as I was doing ti a Vistani merchant wandered out of the trees and set up shop nearby. He sold all 3 items and also a Wytchwood.
  • theraxin#5169 theraxin Member Posts: 370 Arc User
    Good news! So indirectly from or unrelated to hunts you can get somewhat good items. The bad news is that they are not listed anywhere and I only stumbled in them randomly dropping from mobs or when found out, from "salvage packs".

Some good example to catch your interest, but still didn't had the time to farm out that insane amount of barovian coins to try and get like 100 tries for all the possible 510 gear, so only 490 ones:

And those "Donjon" and stuff have in all type of gear possibly, I've seen the armlet with full power from my guildie and remembering a feet with full movement (which is obviously garbage for PvE, but noting out).
  • eliasar#2396 eliasar Member Posts: 47 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Possible appearance BUG as I doubt its intended: I found something suspicious about Barovian Raid/Assault Mask's appearance(TR class). This headpiece completely ignores character's hair and race (character is displayed as bald and if you are elven race, your ears are penetrating hat's texture.

Edit: It appears that most or all elf race characters are going to have problems with most of headpieces because of their ears (example: cowl of the dead)
This discussion has been closed.