test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lvl 80 and everythings we want to see in the game!

unbarbunbarb Member Posts: 28 Arc User
edited May 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hello players and devs

It's another suggestion threads :)

With the upcoming mod 14 for June i thought we could talk about the things the community want for the game

I'll start with a few suggestions, tell us what you think about them

- Lvl 80
It's been 3 years now, it's time to move forward and increase the max lvl to 80 or even 75.

- Unbind Scroll (or Unbind scroll but keep it BtA)
Everyone know that feel... having a good item bound to an alt that u dont even use, feels so bad :(

Comments

• majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User
    adinosii said:

lvl 80? no thanks. consideing whst happened when the max went from 60 to 70, raising it to 80 might kill the game.

Yep. Good ole Mod 6 introduced that fun and excitement. Imagine the response of the player base if the Primal set folks are wearing now and have grinded endless for is rendered worthless when compared to the GREEN gear drops they would get while leveling from 70 to 80. Hopefully the devs wouldn't repeat that mistake, but I'd rather pass on a level increase. My two coppers.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    unbarb said:

Hello players and devs

It's another suggestion threads :)

With the upcoming mod 14 for June i thought we could talk about the things the community want for the game

I'll start with a few suggestions, tell us what you think about them

- Lvl 80
    It's been 3 years now, it's time to move forward and increase the max lvl to 80 or even 75.

- Unbind Scroll (or Unbind scroll but keep it BtA)
    Everyone know that feel... having a good item bound to an alt that u dont even use, feels so bad :(

noooo to level 80.. or
    raising level at all. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    adinosii said:

lvl 80? no thanks. consideing whst happened when the max went from 60 to 70, raising it to 80 might kill the game.

yeah I'm not sure this game is healthy enough to survive that again
  • bodini72bodini72 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 72 Arc User
    this game absolutely needs a level increase. The power creep is insane. Using the failure of the last level increase as an excuse to never level increase again is lame.
    realism often looks lame to idealists.
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Using other games that regularly increase max level as an example .... it becomes extremely wearisome to have good gear that you slaved to get become completely worthless and inferior to new greens. The incremental "power creep" model is much better imo, your gear doesnt become instantly worthless.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    agree. I took a 1-year break after the increase to 70....another fiasco like that and I'll leave for good.

With games like Ashes of Creation coming out soon, Neverwinter cannot afford to lose a significant chunk of its playerbase.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    My only thing with it is, with ilevel 530 armor coming next mod that is almost to the equivalent of what level 75 armor would be anyway(550). So I am not certain it would be that big of a leap to go to level 75, but yes level 80 would be too much.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User
    Some people paid real life money to gear themselves up. Making level 75/80 will make their gear obsolete instantly. Yes, in long term, everything will be obsolete. At least, the timing is stretched and more gracefully. My toons still have pieces which are 3 generation old.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    edited May 2018
    why do we need levels to be raised? it's fine the way it is. the real level is ILVL not base level. and ILVL is raising constantly. it would be absolutely pointless other than to make absolutely everything we've grinded for instantly obsolete. I'd rather make the CHOICE to drop something and move on to a new thing than to be forced to do so.

the way I see it is to level 70 is the induction period for new recruits. they have a levelling system that teaches them the basics. then after level 70 you start levelling in a gear related way. it still takes a ton of grinding and mission success and what not.. it's just different focus.

I think we all see the difference between a 12k ilvl and a 17k ilvl right? that's your level difference you seem to need lol.
  • welshdemonwelshdemon Member Posts: 48 Arc User
    i agree i do not want to hve an increase in lvl i am still struggling to get my item lvl to 15k so to increase lvl to 75-80 would kill me and i could not do it so srry mate i really think it is a bad bad idea to increase lvl
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I would actually like to have a level 80 uptade for more feat points. It would be nice to get both Chaos Magic and Controlled Momentum on my CW, or a HR with Biting Snares and Serpent's Bite from Trapper tree + Lucky Blades, Skirmisher's Gambit and Piercing Blades from Combat tree, or for my future GF to be a Conqueror and still get Inspiring Leader, etc.
    edited May 2018

I would actually like to have a level 80 uptade for more feat points. It would be nice to get both Chaos Magic and Controlled Momentum on my CW, or a HR with Biting Snares and Serpent's Bite from Trapper tree + Lucky Blades, Skirmisher's Gambit and Piercing Blades from Combat tree, or for my future GF to be a Conqueror and still get Inspiring Leader, etc.

They can do that without adding level if they want to.
    On the other hand, adding to level 80, it does not necessary mean you can get what you want.
    When they increased level to 70, they added a column (from 4 columns to 5 columns) for the 2nd potion of feats. In order to get to the capstone, you will still need to spend points to the main branch.
    So, they will expand that from 5 columns to 6 columns.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Regarding increasing the cap to lvl80, the only thing I care about is finally getting Fireball and Lightning Bolt. It's just not D&D without them...
  • rickcase276rickcase276 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,404 Arc User
    And we also need "turn undead". Its just not a cleric that cannot immediately deal with/destroy at least normal undead.
    :
  • regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,041 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Without any new classes or class mechanics going along with the increase of level... what would be the point? It would just be more of the same grind we allready have.
    Or what about class balance? There's allways something being changed around here, and i really doubt that more character levels are going to make that endeavour any easier.

I'm not against a level increase at some point, but they should take a really good look at the mistakes made in the past, and come up with something better before rushing into it.

Unbind Scrolls for AD would be great, getting some AD out of the game while letting us move items around.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    No to level 80 increase or major new items - for the very very many players who have just go to 14k iL or a couple of BiS pieces to make them obsolete again will be damaging to the numbers of people playing [and therefore reduces the number of people paying, which keeps the game alive].

Unbind scrolls - yes, totally - make them available via Zen market to encourage some money flow into the game, so value them at, say $10 each? That way if you get a really good item you can pay to sell it on the AH. YES this means some items will come down in value on the AH [legendary mounts springs to mind] but overall it would be good for the players, make them happy, and bring in some money to the game. [And I mean unbind from ACCOUNT]
  • kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    neverwinter has an occult level of excellence with all power point that exceed 70.
    at the moment for a experience player reach 124 point is not difficult but require farm or zen shop.
    a possibility might be to continue to gain power to obtain boon (look at guild solo boon) that increase the item level and one stat?
    D&d roleplay have book for increase +1 one stat (cumulative).
    you want one book? trade 20 power point on store and it's your( a vampire trader that drain your life force is perfect for barovia module)
  • manoel#0653 manoel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    extra levels don't have to be linear; maybe only feats "post capstone".

exemple, 3 extra levels

Cw (no matter if oppresor/thaumaturge or renegade):

Patch 1: your arcane stacks last X% longer> increase your arcane damage for more Y% per arcane stack> on tab, your arcane powers deal Z% more damage

Patch 2: your chill stack last X% longer > increase your chill damage for more Y% per chill stack >on tab, your chill powers deal
    Z% more damage

Patch 3: + x% control resistance> +y% control bonus>on tab, your control powers ignore Z% of control resistances

Gwf (no matter if instigator/destroyer or sentinel):

Patch 1: +X% of life steal severity> after stealing life, do Y% more damage (stack/next attack/atwill speed/etc)> build determination stealing life

Patch 2: + X% stamina gain>+Y% of speed run> build determination sprinting

Patch 3: X% of acction points bonus gain>Y% of recharge bonus>build determination receiving and using/loosing action points.

Same "philosophy" for stealth, curse, mark…
    Post edited by manoel#0653 on

extra levels don't have to be linear; maybe only feats "post capstone".

exemple, 3 extra levels

Cw (no matter if oppresor/thaumaturge or renegade):

Patch 1: your arcane stacks last X% longer> increase your arcane damage for more Y% per arcane stack> on tab, your arcane powers deal Z% more damage

Patch 2: your chill stack last X% longer > increase your chill damage for more Y% per chill stack >on tab, your chill powers deal

Z% more damage

Patch 3: + x% control resistance> +y% control bonus>on tab, your control powers ignore Z% of control resistances

Gwf (no matter if instigator/destroyer or sentinel):

Patch 1: +X% of life steal severity> after stealing life, do Y% more damage (stack/next attack/atwill speed/etc)> build determination stealing life

Patch 2: + X% stamina gain>+Y% of speed run> build determination sprinting

Patch 3: X% of acction points bonus gain>Y% of recharge bonus>build determination receiving and using/loosing action points.

Same "philosophy" for stealth, curse, mark…

Those can be boons. It does not need level increase.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    The last level cap increase was a disaster that took away most dungeons, many that are still missing or were changed when reintroduced in later modules (CN, MSP).

I would prefer if the extra effort of increasing the level cap was put to making a new class instead.

No to level 80 increase or major new items - for the very very many players who have just go to 14k iL or a couple of BiS pieces to make them obsolete again will be damaging to the numbers of people playing [and therefore reduces the number of people paying, which keeps the game alive].

Unbind scrolls - yes, totally - make them available via Zen market to encourage some money flow into the game, so value them at, say $10 each? That way if you get a really good item you can pay to sell it on the AH. YES this means some items will come down in value on the AH [legendary mounts springs to mind] but overall it would be good for the players, make them happy, and bring in some money to the game. [And I mean unbind from ACCOUNT]

I don't think this would have the impact on the economy they are looking for. unbind from char to account though should be an option imo
  • manoel#0653 manoel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    > @plasticbat said:
    > extra levels don't have to be linear; maybe only feats "post capstone".
    >
    >
    >
    > exemple, 3 extra levels
    >
    >
    >
    > Cw (no matter if oppresor/thaumaturge or renegade):
    >
    >
    >
    > Patch 1: your arcane stacks last X% longer> increase your arcane damage for more Y% per arcane stack> on tab, your arcane powers deal Z% more damage
    >
    >
    >
    > Patch 2: your chill stack last X% longer > increase your chill damage for more Y% per chill stack >on tab, your chill powers deal
    >
    > Z% more damage
    >
    >
    >
    > Patch 3: + x% control resistance> +y% control bonus>on tab, your control powers ignore Z% of control resistances
    >
    >
    >
    > Gwf (no matter if instigator/destroyer or sentinel):
    >
    >
    >
    > Patch 1: +X% of life steal severity> after stealing life, do Y% more damage (stack/next attack/atwill speed/etc)> build determination stealing life
    >
    >
    >
    > Patch 2: + X% stamina gain>+Y% of speed run> build determination sprinting
    >
    >
    >
    > Patch 3: X% of acction points bonus gain>Y% of recharge bonus>build determination receiving and using/loosing action points.
    >
    >
    >
    > Same "philosophy" for stealth, curse, mark…
    >
    > Those can be boons. It does not need level increase.

agree. if the idea is bring more playstyles w/o a lot of balance problems or gear craziness, i think that is the answer.
  • yahvidoyahvido Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    I want more levels so increase to 85 would be nice, along with more feats and heroics :) can we pls get some flying mounts, every mmo besides for NW has them and for the love of all the riches in the dales can we pls pls pls get more classes and races, I mean, I have at least two of what we have now, and I for one would LOVE to level a new toon, how about if we do get a new class and race can we give them their own story line outside of the same PE song and dance pls pretty pls
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

I don't think this would have the impact on the economy they are looking for. unbind from char to account though should be an option imo
    Yes that may well be true but I think it would be good for the player base, especially the inbetweenies like me wiht a current iL of 14.3k or so to get the SMOPs and other stuff we need ;)
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

And we also need "turn undead". Its just not a cleric that cannot immediately deal with/destroy at least normal undead.:

When this game was in open beta my first character was a cleric, and man was I disappointed! Nothing at all like the clerics I made in Neverwinter Nights.
  • wd1966wd1966 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 64 Arc User
    I gave a very detailed thought on raising character levels some time ago, but the point was completely missed. We had 30 maps spread out over 60 character levels. Crafting 15 extra maps added monster levels to 65 helped keep game play fun, until the jump to 70. The complaints arose from the failure to balance the maps from 60 to 70 covering Tyranny of Dragons to Icewind Dale. The campaigns and adventures has reached the time for a change.

I think leveling is doable, but the item levels and campaigns need to be balanced to keep the adventure fun. The monsters should be scale-able to their battle maps and heroic encounters to keep them competitive. The devs can tweak and streamline for three new modules. I submit the following structure to try on a Preview server of their own.

Sharandar 64 - 70
    Dread Ring 66 - 70
    Caer-Konig 70 - 70
    Icewind Pass 70 - 70
    Dwarven Valley 70 - 71
    Well of Dragons 71 - 72
    Mantol-Derith 72 - 73
    Bryn Shander 73 - 74
    Lonelywood 73 - 74
    Cold Run 74 - 75
    Sea of Moving Ice 74 - 76
    River District 75 - 77