test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

WIP: The Legacy of Shaylia, NW-DITFP6QSI

2»

Comments

• simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    Thank you for the advice! Wow.

Now that you told me about this "Packet Corruption" error, I think I may have been experiencing the beginning of that when the detail/everything count got really high on map 4. The icons and radiuses were showing through all the properties panels and the component tree. It ended up going away when I deleted about 200 Sharandar Flowers, but I bet if instead of deleting those, I added more, I'd have ended up with this packet error.

So thank you again, very much. I'll be careful about that.

I actually was considering cutting Map 4 (The Path to The Ancient Crypt, with the graveyard, and Dustin's dad, Warren), or even just replace it with a smaller version, just for time's sake. Maybe I'll put some thought into that again for overall detail-limit's sake.

Oh, also, thank you so much for the review as well. I'm glad you enjoyed it!! Can't wait to show you the final version of The Primary Rift. Those encounters, if I can pull it off, will all work like smaller versions of the big fight back in the village. leading down to the final boss fight with Shaylia herself. Still a lot to do though, it and The Ancient Crypt are both pretty much just how you played them still.
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• simplyshawnsimplyshawn Member Posts: 103 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    I decided to go ahead and rebuild a new, smaller, forest section. This one will, in essence, be the same Map 4 with the same story and key locations, just slightly smaller and built with much cheaper assets :wink:

The vast majority of the assets I'm using in the new version are the Chult assets. I'm going to add more trees to the skyline once I have everything important built to give it a "forest" feel again, but I really love the Chult assets. They just look great in motion.

So this is the "intro area" from the original version. It looks bigger/more detailed, but it's actually about 1/3 the detail count of the previous one. I'm currently still under 600 Detail and I'm about half-way done with the map, so that's good :)
    "Just my thoughts I suppose."

[Work in Progress]
    "The Legacy of Shaylia,"
    NW-DITFP6QSI

• arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    :o is bootiful
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • eritheyleritheyl Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    First off, this looks absolutely gorgeous. Your eye for design is clear, I can't wait to actually get in and run the scenario.

Backstory: I played two, maybe three years ago, and really sunk my teeth into the Foundry after just playing the game got to be boring. There didn't seem to be much life in the community, so I just kind of fizzled and moved onto other games. This, however, was just the sort of inspiration boost I needed -- can't wait to finish the re-download and get back to creating :)

Thank you for this!
  • arkanargearkanarge Member Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    noice
    Post edited by arkanarge on
    Pls play my quests :C
    - A World of Wonder ( NWS-DAT9OXYQL )
    - Easterden Horror ( NW-DTIKVUOC3 )
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    I checked out this quest this evening and you have certainly put a lot of time and thought into the story and the details. Every area is full of nice details and is a fun environment to play through. I didn't get a chance to finish as I couldn't get to 2 of the wisps as it seems like either an asset went missing or got lowered down and they were unreachable. Such is the nature of quest building in MMOs!

Keep up the good work, it is a lovely quest with such different and well decorated environments.
  • iandarkswordiandarksword Member Posts: 978 Arc User
    A couple things to help you out:

Exiting the town battle map via the ladder after defeating Shaylia's forces should read "Climb" instead of "Clim"
    Trystyn's dialogue option should read "What? Too afraid to fight him yourself?"

You make great use of the vertical space, however, invisible walls might be useful to prevent players from accessing areas of the map that are either unintended or available as a quest objective later in the story. You can pair this with vegetation as an interact to create a "brush clearing" effect. A great use of the jungle assets, just watch those limits to avoid crashes while you are building. I too had some sort of hiccup with Amelia, or I just ran too fast. But, it's making great progress since the last time I went through. Keep up the good work!
    "I don't know, I'm making it up as I go..."
    Featured Foundry Quest: Whispers of an Ancient Evil [v3] - NW-DQ4WKW6ZG
    Foundry Quest: Harper Chronicles: Blacklake - NW-DCPA4W2Q5