test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

OFFICIAL FEEDBACK THREAD: Home Page Facelift

uimavenuimaven Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer
I know that it can be an automatic reflex to close the Home page that pops up the first time you enter the game :). But please, resist the urge and take a look at the the new version. Pressing 'l' (that's L as in Leucrotta) will bring up the home page any time.

We've tried to make the information more relevant and useful to you, and we're also trying to keep it fresh. There's now a "What's New" section that will summarize each module, with the latest one broken out into its content and its main features (we're still working on the one for Ravenloft, but the one you see for the Lost City of Omu will give you an idea of the organization).

The big banner at the top will only show the latest module and any currently running events. There shouldn't be more than two or three slides up there, and they should always be worth looking at (bye bye, Kenku archer!)

There's a shortcut to the Claims Agent, which will glow when there's something new for you to claim. No more trudging up the steps!

There's a "Playing Tips" button to perhaps save you time digging around wikis or forums for basic information. The tips will change depending on your character's progression.

Most importantly, we're trying to keep a better eye on the Home page content from now on, and remove stale information in a more timely fashion.

What do you think? Is it more useful? What else would you like to see?

ETA: Aw, man, I forgot a whole half of the feature! Today's lesson, kids, is never post right before lunch.

If you haven't played the game for a while (which might well be the case for most of your Preview accounts), the home page will be almost completely different. The "What's New" section will stay the same, since you'll want to know, well, what's new. But the rest will be simplified to a button for the Claims Agent, a button for the Player Tips, and a special button that will let you go fairly directly to the newest content that you can play (NOTE: That might not be completely implemented yet on preview; it's coming!)
Post edited by uimaven on

Comments

• micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I actually noticed the claims agent huge button (and like that there is quick access) but I wasn't sure if it's something new or I don't remember correctly because I always close that part.

I didn't get the chance to look at it in depth, I will do so later, but the main thing I open that menu is to check the upcoming calendar.
    So I would love to see a mini "upcoming" version as a dashboard card there instead of going to the calendar, swapping to the upcoming, waiting for it to lead, looking where is current, what is next.
    Mainly interested in the next few weekly weekend events (not interested in "foundry republish" etc..)
  • uimavenuimaven Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 36 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2018
    Ah, I forgot to mention that the next two upcoming multi-day events are also shown in the new Home page, in its normal form. Check it out!
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Haha... I absolutely missed it. I'll make sure that I look the next time I log-in. :D
    FrozenFire
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    It looks really nice. :) Ya'll did a great job on it! Thank you!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
This discussion has been closed.