test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Ravenloft Campaign

Our new module brings with it a new campaign. The Ravenloft campaign carries forward the Weekly Haul from the Jungles of Chult campaign, but is a more linear path that aids players in recovering the necessary artifacts to face the powerful Count Strahd von Zarovich.

Completing the campaign unlocks the new Castle Ravenloft dungeon as well as a key for Stahd's valuable treasures.

Another change if that the Boons are all within a single repeatable task. Each time this task is completed you will earn an additional Boon point up to 4 total. As with the previous Jungles of Chult campaign, the boons unlocked have 6 choices for the first 3 boon points and 4 choices for the final boon point.

We hope you enjoy this new campaign and your adventures in Barovia. All feedback is welcome.

Comments

• adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Now, if only you could add "Vampire" as a playable race... (Sub-race if you want to be a Half-vampire+favored race.) I would buy ZEN out the whazoo for that!
  • nl54#3191 nl54 Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    I'm hoping to see Loth Soth as a dungeon boss!
    Ninurta - 16.1k Half-Orc GWF

Ereshkigal - 12k Tiefling SW

Aurora Ravensong - 11.6k Drow CW
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Well, I was hoping for better last boon. We went from decent boons (eg, ToD), to pretty good boons (Underdark), to Jesus christ what is this even, god dayum (everything after mod 9)
  • thevampinatorthevampinator Member Posts: 307 Arc User

Now, if only you could add "Vampire" as a playable race... (Sub-race if you want to be a Half-vampire+favored race.) I would buy ZEN out the whazoo for that!

Only to watch it burn to ash when it pops into PE or into WoD where the oversized sun hardly ever sets. :p

Only to watch it burn to ash when it pops into PE or into WoD where the oversized sun hardly ever sets. :p
    They could still add a vampire type that does not have to burn in the sun. Mystaran Nosferatu.
    This vampire type does not energy drain and can be any alignment. Good Neutral or Evil. So if they were to add playable vampires it should be that version.
  • bluthbananabluthbanana Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    On the quest "Unwelcome Guests" the NPCs keep speaking their lines while being in dialogue mode. Making a stationary mist guard telling me to "Turn around" at the same time he speaks the dialogue text, with the guard following me chiming in to hurry up. So it seems ambient comments are not inactive while in dialogue mode, making things difficult to understand.

The voiceover from Madam Eva should be preloaded at the beginning of the quest. Else it will happen while she talks about the three cards and cause silence and a sound glitch when files have been transferred and start to play.

Unless you consider how Bram Stoker's version of Dracula could walk out in sunlight for short periods albeit in a weakened "human-form" state. As for Dracula's ability to shape-shift, at night he could shape-shift at will whereas at daytime he could only shape-shift at dawn, noon and sunset.

If Neverwinter's playable Vampire races were based on Bram Stoker's vision, it would make things more flexable.
    Questions @ the Devs: Is the new campaign going to introduce new undead companions and undead mounts?

Will they also be usable with the Zulkir's Dreadnaught armor for new active undead companion bonuses?

(There hasn't really been much in the way of documentation on what existing undead companions and undead mounts offer and whether or not it all stacks.)
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    Having the intro task cost 10 omens seems like a cheap way to delay campaign progression a week. If you're gonna do that, make it a worthwhile feeling number, like 50 omens.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    pterias said:

Having the intro task cost 10 omens seems like a cheap way to delay campaign progression a week. If you're gonna do that, make it a worthwhile feeling number, like 50 omens.

You should be receiving that from the intro quest line and it shouldn't be counting against the weekly haul. Just as with Jungles of Chult.
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

They could still add a vampire type that does not have to burn in the sun. Mystaran Nosferatu.
    This vampire type does not energy drain and can be any alignment. Good Neutral or Evil. So if they were to add playable vampires it should be that version.
    So...If they don't burn in sunlight, don't drain energy or life and can be of any alignment, I'm struggling to think of what they would bring to the table. Besides, Vamps are SSSOOOOO last decade! Now a Lich PC...that's something! ;)
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User

pterias said:

You should be receiving that from the intro quest line and it shouldn't be counting against the weekly haul. Just as with Jungles of Chult.
    For me they count against the weekly haul too. I have completet the weekly and have 90 omens now. Sadly not enough to advance the campaign.

Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

pterias said:

Yeah, I ran the intro task, had 38 omens left, but my weekly haul was 48. After capping, I'd be 10 short of the next task.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Even though it is not Ravenloft-related as such, the mod brings one interesting change. Guild PvP structures no longer count towards IL.

I went from IL of 18K to 17.5K myself, and this will mean that some people will not qualify for content they could run before.

This is a good change - fully logical, as PvP boons are totally irrelevant in PvE, and IL only matters in PvE. Anyone who only qualified because of PvP didn't really qualify anyhow.

There is one issue, however.

IL from the PvP campaign boons still counts. I lost exactly 500 IL (from a guild level 10 PvP Boon structure), but should have lost a bit more, as I have the first PvP campaign boon as well.

I would like to suggest one change, however - in addition to the IL, you should display a "PvP IL", which would include guild boons, campaign boons and extra IL from gear that has a bonus IL in PvP.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • darkan#3756 darkan Member Posts: 145 Arc User
    insignias i think should be upgrade like enchantments some insignias only can find in blue quality like Enlightened Insignia of Gond and others insignias are petry rares drop or very expensive in auction hause and that make very hard get all insignias what you want in epic quality.
    Other thread SW have many bugs so far i can identify at least 4 most damnation path i dont like blockdown of others paths for fill slot in a party of end game content
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User

There wasn't a thread dedicated to smaller changes like that, but yes the pvp campaign boon no longer gives any item level. There are other item level changes we'd like to make, but we also didn't want to lower anyone's item level too much all at once.

Eh, @noworries#8859 - my point was that the PvP campaign does in fact still give IL points. Players no longer get IL points from guild PvP structures, but that's a much bigger number - I went down exactly 500 points from 18.005 to 17.505 (what a level 10 PvP structure in a level 20 SH gives), but I am still getting points from the PvP campaign. I would like to lose those too.

That's a much smaller amount for most players, but I have always been opposed to those contributing to IL, so, please, kill those points too.

Hoping for improvements...
  • onodrainonodrain Member Posts: 334 Arc User
    edited May 2018

pterias said:

It counts against the weekly haul for me as well.

Yester Hill quest: Thornspur is shy. Please allows him to burst from the ground and have an awful death at the hands of my paladin! I have yet to see this BHE work properly.

Martikov Merchants: You kill the initial 8 ambushers and 4 more spawn. You kill those and the last 4 ambushers never spawned. This happened the 3 times I did this SHE.

Restless Dead: Starts with the announcer telling you to "Defeat the Barbarian Raiders" as the undead attack. The SHE works fine, just the audio could use from refreshing.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that you figured out a way to give us a ton of cards and not take up all our inventory. The card concept gives a huge boost to variety with your hunts. And putting the hunts in their own instance per person/group is brilliant. No more wandering adventurers ninja'ing my kill! I think this version of hunts will be great for grouping up.
  • bayaz#7892 bayaz Member Posts: 89 Arc User
    One thing i would like to see on the preview server is, if the weekly haul limit could be completly removed. So we can progress during the campaign whenever we like .

I am really excitet about Ravenloft. I love the setting since my pen&paper days back in the 90s, i think it is the most beautifull zone, great atmosphere, the first BHE was plain fun (a few other who did this with me agreed), Ravenloft feels just right. And i would love to just progress through the campaign at my pace, and maybe finish it in a few days. And then copy an alt and do it again.

I am unsure if this possible, but i would definetly love it!
    Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited May 2018

> @adinosii said:

> Even though it is not Ravenloft-related as such, the mod brings one interesting change. Guild PvP structures no longer count towards IL.

>

> I went from IL of 18K to 17.5K myself, and this will mean that some people will not qualify for content they could run before.

>

> This is a good change - fully logical, as PvP boons are totally irrelevant in PvE, and IL only matters in PvE. Anyone who only qualified because of PvP didn't really qualify anyhow.

>

> There is one issue, however.

>

> IL from the PvP campaign boons still counts. I lost exactly 500 IL (from a guild level 10 PvP Boon structure), but should have lost a bit more, as I have the first PvP campaign boon as well.

>

> I would like to suggest one change, however - in addition to the IL, you should display a "PvP IL", which would include guild boons, campaign boons and extra IL from gear that has a bonus IL in PvP.

There wasn't a thread dedicated to smaller changes like that, but yes the pvp campaign boon no longer gives any item level. There are other item level changes we'd like to make, but we also didn't want to lower anyone's item level too much all at once.

Companion upgrade tokens are now in the shared bank and insignias can now be broken down for RP, to cover some other minor changes.

Well that's wonderful, we recently knocked down a building to build the PvP building as our people were struggling to get onto dungeons, the extra IL was extremely useful, it appears we wasted a VAST amount of resources to build the R10 PvP building and up another building to 10 when we had 2x5s previously, particularly the PvP shards which our overflow guild could REALLY have done with to build their barracks (as a guild we don't PvP much, so this was a MASSIVE effort).

Communication is a wonderful thing, changes like that should be given a lot of notice.

The companion token change is welcome, and should have happened years ago.
  • waagghboss#8361 waagghboss Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    I have reached the weekly campain cap of 100 omens, but i only have 90 in my campain screen. I ran a few hunts and the usual daily quests that rewards Omens.

EDIT: I just saw, that the issue has been reported already. I will keep this post up tho, so it wont get lost.
    Post edited by waagghboss#8361 on
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    The only good vampire is an ashed vampire.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • niceduck#2839 niceduck Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Vampires should burn to death on sunlight, just as Drow should be blind and Drow gear should burn to ashes. Hmm, there is no Drow gear on NWN, except underwear ! But there is Drows ... I loved to play Drow on that original old NWN, where we got blinded just to enter surface on day time, just like all surface races were blinded on underdark, if they didn't use torch or had low light vision.

Anyway, This is D&D and dracula movies has nothing to do with it. I have few shelfmeters edition 2.0 - 4.0 rule books and only rules means on D&D world.

Must love how wizzards worked on ED2.0

Anyway, remove all PVP boons from PVE IL calculation = really good thing !
    Get rid of PVP boons for all = even better idea !!!!!

Make Bard playable char ... with custom songs to play with (atleast with player able to write text for songs)

Day, Night, Races behaving diff would make variances (like Drow/Underdark example I wrote earlier)

Race / Class bonuses / weakness on dungeons .... more variants ....
  • d3drkshadowd3drkshadow Member Posts: 71 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Wasn't exactly sure where to put this.
    since mod 14 went on preview i get this error.
    Fatal error: Direct3d driver returned error code
    [DXG!_ERROR_UNSPORTED] while creating D3D device.
    and the game crashes have no problems logging in on the the live server
    if you need/want it the error reporting number it is

ticked id 105897852
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

ticked id 105897852

We did see a couple reports of this which so far have been resolved with getting the latest drivers. Have you checked for graphics card driver updates?
    edited May 2018

ticked id 105897852

We did see a couple reports of this which so far have been resolved with getting the latest drivers. Have you checked for graphics card driver updates?
    updated to the newest video drivers for my nividia 8600 gts but still crashes

Post edited by d3drkshadow on

ticked id 105897852

I'll pass all this information on and see if anyone has any ideas on what is causing the crash.
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer

ticked id 105897852

I'll pass all this information on and see if anyone has any ideas on what is causing the crash.
    Really truly, go to nvidia's site and look for latest drivers. Windows 10 has been doing this cool thing where it replaces your new drivers with old buggy drivers cuz it thinks they're better.
    Also, we'll have a build this weekend that detects video cards better, so that might be it too.
    Thanks I'll try that and hopefully that or the fix will work
This discussion has been closed.