test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Astral Diamonds

Comments

• mageddo#6766 mageddo Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    I know it's long but please read.

It's great to think that lowering the zax will lower AH costs but there is still a supply and demand issue. Yesterday there were only two Radiant rank 14s on the trade house. Each were over 5 millionAD. Now to be fair there should be an understanding with players that with not being able to farm as much come mod 14 no one will be able to afford them at that price and the person posting should lower the cost.

How long will that transition take? I just spent $200 real world dollars yesterday to only get 3 rank 14s. If the exchange rate goes down and I can only get 5 million AD for my $200 dollars can you guarantee that I can still get 3 rank 14s?

Cryptic will have to post items on the auction house at a lower cost to bring players posting cost down. Even then the people sitting on mountains of AD will buy them up and sell them at a premium like Debeers does with real diamonds.

You already seem dead set to do this game killing change that hurts old players and your whales. I just hope that enough players are left and new comers stay in after this apocalyptic change.

So here is a suggestion since this will be a bad move anyways. Find a number, I wont suggest one since you guys see the analytics. But you need to set a cap for buyout of auction items.

Say you want to cut the zax in half. That would mean lowering your average posting amount of the most expensive thing on the AH by half. I know it's not but say the most expensive thing in enchantments is a radiant 14. If it is 5 million you would have to place a posting cap of 2.5 million AD. Or the legendary mount pack for 4 million would have to have a posting cap of 2 million.

This would help curve your change to lower the market without hurting paying and farming customers. Also this would hurt websites that sell that obscure item for 10 million AD to the guy that paid them $50. The bots would have a harder time profiting off a system like that.

So please if you are going to implement this have a check in place for the AH posts.
  • snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    The problem is simple, people are simply not selling zen as much as they used to, Why? Well theres lil need to now.

VIP keys have dropped the cost of many items in the AH.
    No real AD sinks.
    And the people who tend to earn the most AD are strong enough to be able to do multiple runs of the newest dungeons/skirms, ect that they dont have to waste AD buying from the wondrous bazaar.

Also since you pretty much removed almost all the ways of getting wards in game more people are having to buy zen from the zax in order to get those wards.

So here we are with a high demand for zen but a low supply of it.

• aspa12aspa12 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    I think this will help the ZAX exchange backlog, you shouldn't have to wait 3-4 weeks to make your zen.

In any case, only people with an army of toons will be majorly affected by this. An average player won't be able to salvage that much. To reach the cap in my 7 toons I have to play dungeons the whole day. And there are some days that you don't have the time to play so much.

Additional AD sinks is also an area we are looking into and have some future plans already, but continue to investigate fun/rewarding ways to spend AD.

Additional AD sinks is another way to go about it. I think someone mentioned fashion. I suggest using various ways/areas to do this. If you however decide to use masterwork as an additional AD sink please be very extra careful about it. Making some resources overpriced will result in making the final products more expensive. I have a few friends who even though they are interested in buying some masterwork gear they cannot afford its price or think it's too expensive for its value.

And btw while you are working on salvaging in general, can I suggest a 'salvage all' option? This would be a great QOL, similarly to what you did with the identify all option or refine all system. Thanks~

If you can't convince them confuse them.
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User

With this change we will now be limited to 36.5 mil AD refining a year, 36.6 mil on a leap year. Now consider that legendary mount packs run over 3 mil that is a huge chunk of what a player can make and a huge amount of time that a player so be held back from advancing. Not to mention the 50 mil legendary profession tools. So you expect us to refine for a year and a half to get these? And think it is a good idea?

When AD is more scarce, its value increases so prices go down.

Also, this doesn't affect anyone but people that already have 30 billion alts - the people who can AFFORD those, so the rich people. This doesn't affect 90% of people that are short on AD because they've usually got better HAMSTER to buy than slots for more toons.
    Don't know if you know this but buying character slots is cheaper than bags. I bought mine when they were 80% off one weekend. Oh and by the way, i'n not rich.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

lowjohn said:

That is *so totally* not the important, or even relevant, thing.

To which "that" are you speaking of?
    The one I was responding to? Literally one post up? The dude saying that the change to make rando bonuses 1/day was "the most important" thing?
  • faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    lowjohn said:

lowjohn said:

The one I was responding to? Literally one post up? The dude saying that the change to make rando bonuses 1/day was "the most important" thing?
    Then your silly. Not only will they reduce the amount of AD you can refine a day, they are going to lower the amount they give, meaning it will take longer to earn 100K at the same time.
  • draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    > @gromovnipljesak#8234 said:
    > With this change we will now be limited to 36.5 mil AD refining a year, 36.6 mil on a leap year. Now consider that legendary mount packs run over 3 mil that is a huge chunk of what a player can make and a huge amount of time that a player so be held back from advancing. Not to mention the 50 mil legendary profession tools. So you expect us to refine for a year and a half to get these? And think it is a good idea?
    >
    > When AD is more scarce, its value increases so prices go down.
    >
    > Also, this doesn't affect anyone but people that already have 30 billion alts - the people who can AFFORD those, so the rich people. This doesn't affect 90% of people that are short on AD because they've usually got better <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> to buy than slots for more toons.

Sorry but the game already has an example of this not being the case. And I used it in that post.

Currently AD is worth less and this is supposed to change that which will make prices go down. Or that is the thought.

Now look at my example. The legendary mount packs are now running around 3-10 mil AD. This is not because AD is more or less valuable it is because the drop rate was increased. Proof of that is the fact that the prices of the legendary tools is still at the old legendary mount drop rates and is still at the old legendary mount prices. So will it change prices maybe but it is not a real benefit.

Another way to see it is this. Say you want to but something for $100 and you make $50 a day. It will take you 2 days to buy it. But now things change and the price goes down to $50 but you now only make $10 a day. Guess what it now takes you 5 days to buy it. Are you better off?

And this change is assumed to cause that price change after the income change. You know what happens when you assume right?
  • omegarealities#7219 omegarealities Member Posts: 1,004 Arc User
    faredawg1 said:

lowjohn said:

lowjohn said:

Then your silly. Not only will they reduce the amount of AD you can refine a day, they are going to lower the amount they give, meaning it will take longer to earn 100K at the same time.
    No need to get nasty, most people use quotes when responding to someone's comments.
  • btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Exciting, awesome changes. Sick and tired of those single digit % players who control the economy because they spend their whole lives doing nothing but grinding diamonds. About time!
  • viperwitch23viperwitch23 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 205 Arc User

Everyone complaining about the AD change should realize that this will bring down the average cost of everything on the AH too, after a bit of lead time.

This is definitely a good first step towards reducing the backlog.

I do wonder how they plan to prevent multi-accounting though.

Probably none

I have 1 account. I am honest player who never cheat of scams or exploits.

I got 15 chars and without them I would of never built my chars that run Tong with others.

Things in game cost MILLIONS.

Leadership AD did everyone load og good. Prices dropped by 90%
    Now a legendary mount costs for example 10 million
    With current system I can run 10 chars per day with getting 25k a day
    250k a day.
    Anyone else doing this would earn for this mount in 40 days
    New system would need 100 days
    Random Q would be dead

Do you really think that players with 10million mounts would sell it for 1mill?
    Or 500k?
    They might< but most likely they just quit

With new system prices need to drop 95% to compensate
    And ZEN price to 200 per 1 ZEN or like it used to be 150 Dill on STO Per 1 ZEN.

Else we gonna have financial melt down

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Everyone complaining about the AD change should realize that this will bring down the average cost of everything on the AH too, after a bit of lead time.

This is definitely a good first step towards reducing the backlog.

I do wonder how they plan to prevent multi-accounting though.

What I think will happen is that the AH more or less collapses as players move to a more barter based economy. A lot of folks already trade items on the Trade chat channel rather than posting items on the AH and have 10% of their AD kept by the AH.

That doesn't necessarily translate into a reduction in the cost of items, what happens is that a new base currency emerges. In all likelihood, that will be Wards since those are needed to refine items to trade into greater value.

The only places you can get wards are in celestial coffers and the Zen store.

This isn't going to reduce the Zax backlog, once that new currency is established--and it will be the new base currency, all astral diamonds will go into the Zax to purchase wards increasing the backlog.

I mean, this (move to alternate currency) is already happening on a smaller scale now. It is why it costs the equivalent of 1300 Zen (650K AD) to buy a stack of preservation wards on the AH rather than 1000 Zen (or the equivalent of 500K AD on Zax) in the Zen market.
    Post edited by rubytrue on
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I have 6 characters, planning to have 8 (one for each class). This means i get 216k AD per day if i refine the AD cap with each character and that will increase to 288k when i have 2 more character slots.

If the cap is reduced to 100k then yes, the AH prices will adjust, but by how much? What's the point in cutting prices for let's say 1.5 if my currency gain will be cut by 2.16 or 2.88?

I would believe the prices will lower more than my gain if drop chances get higher (so there's more goods in the economy), but from the looks of it only the demand side will be dealt with.

The advantages i can see are for players with less than 3 characters (they will increase from 72k daily AD to 100k), for players that don't want to be "forced" to play with a lot of characters to earn a lot of AD.
  • sismond#7543 sismond Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    kreatyve said:

"Players will leave Neverwinter if this happens"
    -Literally everyone, on every even remotely negative change, in every mod for the last 2 years. Yet HAMSTER hasn't changed one bit.

I know quite a few people who "quit" over the bonding changes but are still here, still playing, still posting on the forums daily. The game survived all that, and will survive this too. I understand the reasons for this change and I support it fully.
    Alot players leave, others like me leave and back when mod 13 comes up. When other games start with this good ideas, ussually dont survive alot time. Greedy can be bad for bussiness. Fix first the price in Zen Store or better start to fix the game bugs (alot work to do).

Don't buy the excuse - AH prices are not a matter of the scarcity of AD, they are a matter of the scarcity of goods. If you want to lower costs on the AH, look at the loot tables. Again, restricting the amount of AD is only a cash grab, to get more players buying Zen to make up for the loss. The AH is not part of that.

One good example, 3 rubies in Zen store for 2000 Zen, make alot sense. xD Why they dont start with Zen Store? Have alot work to do there. ;)

• lantern22lantern22 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,111 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    This is only bad for hard core players and players with more than 3 toons (although theoretically 3x36 = 108 >100). The casual players and people with 2 toons, it is a buff.

For me personally, I will probably lose out a little. I'm undecided if that means I am unhappy. I have 6 toons so my maximum refinement will drop but I'm fairly casual so I'm not likely to go over 100K per day anyway. I still get the benefit of extra 50% bonus on alts from invoking that I wouldn't get with only 2 toons.

I think it will limit the AD botters can bring into the economy and help casual new players catch up.
    nooneatza said:

If you're doing this to combat bots, it would be so much better to just nerf/remove the amount of rough ad the random queues give. It's still a destructive change, but hey, choose the lesser bad.
    That way the only way to get rough ad for your alts would be salvage items, which to be completely fair, bots don't get that many.

But then how does a fresh lvl 70 make any RAD? Salvage is terrible in the T3 dungeons
    rjc9000 said:

Could we get some more cool transmutes added to the Wonderous Bazaar?.

Great idea. GF armour looks terrible.

Additional AD sinks is also an area we are looking into and have some future plans already, but continue to investigate fun/rewarding ways to spend AD.

What about a vendor where you could buy account bound items with RAD ??

I think these are great changes, and well thought out - ought to definitely deflate the AD which is a very positive thing for the Exchange, and good for the Cryptic coffers too - which is good for all of us.

The combination of these two gives me pause, though - for a number of reasons:

Below are the AD changes to the random queues:

• Leveling Queue: 8,000 first run / 1,000 repeat ....

"The first run bonuses are now account gated meaning that only one character can earn those first run bonuses per day."

1) This is pretty much going to depopulate the dungeons again, won't it?
    2) 8,000 AD a day is a drastic decrease for your average player. It's, what 15-30% of what a player with 2-4 characters currently makes? I'm wondering how that'll effect things.

Maybe the first run should be worth more? Like 50% more. That's still a 50% cut, but it still gives time/dollar poor players something to spend.
    It would de-populate randoms.
    Might also de-populate places like VT/ESOT/ELOL.
    Why?
    Because those who don't quit would go and make Expert teams of 5 players to run those in minimal time like 6-7 may be 8 minutes each.
    To get max loot in shortest time.
    Then salvage, refine and log off

• crippled#2684 crippled Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Awful idea. Guild mark farm ruin the NW economy (create a new guild, put purple laborers in the coffer, buy charts and sell mc mats. Some people make few millions ad in 1-3 days that boring way). You should nerf it. Not the ad cap.
  • draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Fact is you want to reduce AD in the game make things that people will want to buy that have no value to anyone other that the person buying them, AD sinks. Strangling the players ability to make AD is not the way.

You want AD sinks that players will use? Account Bound sick transmutes in the Wondrous Bazaar, Account Bound Unbind Scrolls in the Wondrous Bazaar (which would only change bound items from character bound to account bound and not all items could be effected by these, thinking primarily of quest gained items), and Account Bound Bonus RP Scrolls. To name a couple. Notice all of those are Account Bound. The biggest thing with AD sinks is they have to be one time use items and not sellable in the AH.

As for the Unbind Scrolls I'm talking about them being around 500k AD. I realize that is a lot but think about what they are intended for. Example, I got a +5 ring and put it on because it is the only +5 ring I have. Now later I get the one I really want and I have an alt character now that I'm building that is a class that could really use that ring. I'd happily pay 500k AD to be able to send that ring to my other character. At no time could the ring or scroll be sold to make me more AD and 500k AD is now out of the game.

Nobody read?:

The 100k cap is the least of it, this is the most important:

"Below are the AD changes to the random queues:
    Leveling Queue: 8,000 first run / 1,000 repeat
    Intermediate Queue: 12,000 first run / 2,000 repeat / 2,400 role bonus
    Advanced: 15,000 first run / 3,000 repeat / 3,000 role bonus
    Expert: 5,000 role bonus

The first run bonuses are now account gated meaning that only one character can earn those first run bonuses per day."

That will affect severely to new players.

You are right.
    When I first started at the end of module 4, I couldn't build up. I bought ZEN and bought my first epic mount.
    Then i bought more ZEN and new char slots.
    I invested hours and hours into game. Building up my chars slowly and 100% honestly.
    I earned AD and bought ZEN via exchange.
    If people don't buy ZEN then who gonna sell ZEN?
    Yes, I agree that ZEN currently inflated.

But I honestly don't think this will fix it.
    This would need you to reduce prices for upgrading companions and other things.
    Like 1mill to legendary
    That be 10 days of grind at rate of 15 Etos a day if count only chest drop
    AH Prices also might not drop. Cuz people selling stuff could just quit

Please, think again or rise it to 200-300k

• wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    First world problems!
This discussion has been closed.