test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Bonus RP Event Changes

noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
The Bonus RP event wasn't quite as exciting as we had wanted it to be so we made some adjustments to make it more rewarding.

• Increased chances of gaining Bonus RP and amounts of RP for creature kills - Level 70+ can reward from 20-50 RP.
  • Cap is 100k RP per event per character.
  • Dungeons/Skirmishes/and Trials now award Bonus RP at completion.
  • Many HEs now award Bonus RP for participating.
  • Buy increased drop boosts to earn RP faster. 25,000 AD increases your boost to 2x the amount of bonus RP earned, can boost up to 5x the rate.
  • Earn bonus rewards while earning RP.
    1. at 25,000 Bonus RP earned - an additional 2,500 RP are gained (does not count against the 100k total)
    2. at 50,000 Bonus RP earned - an additional 5,000 RP and 1 preservation ward is earned.
    3. at 75,000 Bonus RP earned - an additional 7,500 RP and 1 preservation ward is earned.
    4. at 100,000 Bonus RP earned - an additional 10,000 RP and 3 preservation ward are earned.

We look forward to your thoughts and feedback on these event changes.
Post edited by noworries#8859 on

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    When is the pres ward earned? Immediately upon buying the bonus reward?
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    kreatyve said:

There is no buying of the bonus reward, it is granted similar to how an HE hands out it's end rewards. When you've earned 25,000 bonus rp during the event, you will receive a reward and when you open it you get it.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

kreatyve said:

There is no buying of the bonus reward, it is granted similar to how an HE hands out it's end rewards. When you've earned 25,000 bonus rp during the event, you will receive a reward and when you open it you get it.
    Oh! Ok! I thought that was from buying the boosters. Makes sense now. Thanks!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    RP costs about 2AD per RP at the moment. So if you spent 100k to upgrade to 4x the rate, for example, you'd miss out on the chance to buy 50k of RP straight off. Maybe the upgrade could change the rate still, but also extend the cap by half the amount of AD you'd spent, to make up for the lost opportunity?
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User
    Certainly makes the event much more appealing! I definitely agree that the AD pricing is off and needs a little adjustment - there should be a strong incentive to pay AD for an RP boost and farm, instead of just paying AD for RP right off the auction house instead.
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    edited May 2018

RP costs about 2AD per RP at the moment. So if you spent 100k to upgrade to 4x the rate, for example, you'd miss out on the chance to buy 50k of RP straight off. Maybe the upgrade could change the rate still, but also extend the cap by half the amount of AD you'd spent, to make up for the lost opportunity?

You would be at x5 (you start at 1x, 4 boost purchases brings you to x5) for that character for the event which would help you earn 100,000 RP from the event plus + 25,000 RP in bonus rewards and 5 Preservation Wards.

It is all about whether maxing out the rewards from the event in 1/5th the time is worth it, which includes how many characters you want to run it on. If you aren't going to be able to max out the event during the play time, then you are earning RP you otherwise wouldn't have earned (and Preservation Wards) in exchange for AD.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

You would be at x5 (you start at 1x, 4 boost purchases brings you to x5) for that character for the event which would help you earn 100,000 RP from the event plus + 25,000 RP in bonus rewards and 5 Preservation Wards.

It is all about whether maxing out the rewards from the event in 1/5th the time is worth it, which includes how many characters you want to run it on. If you aren't going to be able to max out the event during the play time, then you are earning RP you otherwise wouldn't have earned (and Preservation Wards) in exchange for AD.
    Can you give us any numbers on the drop rate? The chance, amount etc.

Sure, but you're spending "50,000 RP" on "earn 125,000 RP faster".

Are the pres wards unbound, account bound, or toon-bound (whichever toon earns the pres ward keeps it)?
    lowjohn said:

Are the pres wards unbound, account bound, or toon-bound (whichever toon earns the pres ward keeps it)?
    There will be players who won't need these boosts because they will have enough playtime over the course of the event to max out the number of characters they want to. But for those who normally might only have the play time to earn 20,000 of the RP, they can now spend "50,000 RP" to gain 105,000 RP and 5 preservation wards.

Another player may have enough time to earn 50,000 bonus RP, so they might by just 1 boost and spend "12,500 RP" to gain the remaining 50,000, plus the extra bonuses, plus the extra preservation wards.

It is a different situation for each player.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User

Cap is 100k RP per event per player.
    Does "per player" mean per account or per character?

lowjohn said:

There will be players who won't need these boosts because they will have enough playtime over the course of the event to max out the number of characters they want to. But for those who normally might only have the play time to earn 20,000 of the RP, they can now spend "50,000 RP" to gain 105,000 RP and 5 preservation wards.

Another player may have enough time to earn 50,000 bonus RP, so they might by just 1 boost and spend "12,500 RP" to gain the remaining 50,000, plus the extra bonuses, plus the extra preservation wards.

It is a different situation for each player.
    That makes perfect sense, TY.

What about the ward binding situation?
  • soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    this like many other event and content does nothing to develop the player experience just add more needless grind, the preservation ward are a nice bonus however this is just another non event i cant see myself going out to grind rp when the game is so broken with little to no respect from the developers or community support, weeks go passed with reports of bugs and issues with no response of clear directions or time scales. we had bile gate, master gate and fane fiasco. some of which was fixed but a timely response or even an acknowledgement was not apparent.

please stop spending time contriving silly non events and fix the game and take the time to give needed feed back to players. this game was best before mod 6 when the developers started to try and "fix" the game mod after mod content was broken removed and implemented with little to no testing. some recent moves have been positive tho i am at a loss as to what they are at this time
  • nunya#5309 nunya Member Posts: 933 Arc User

Since you haven't received a reply and may or may not have noticed, I thought I would just post to let you know the original post has been edited to read "per character" instead of "per player". Hope that helps!
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User

Since you haven't received a reply and may or may not have noticed, I thought I would just post to let you know the original post has been edited to read "per character" instead of "per player". Hope that helps!
    Yes, you were very helpful! Thanks a lot :smiley:
  • frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    Somebody please explain to me what the 'spend RP' is about?
    FrozenFire

No. :lol:

It was simply looking at the cost of the Boost in terms of how much RP you could buy on average on the auction house instead of its AD cost for a comparison.

There's two ways to spend AD to gain RP during this event: You can spend AD to earn RP at an increased rate, or you can just spend AD to buy RP directly off the auction house.

In both cases you're turning AD into RP, but at different rates, so we mentally converted the AD into RP in order to discuss apples to apples. 100,000 AD, the max you can spend on an RP gain speed boost, will get you about 50,000 RP at current prices. In this event, you're forgoing "50,000 RP immediately" to earn 125,000 RP at a greatly increased rate.

@noworries#8859 : Will there be a meter where we can see how many we've earned so far, and how close we are to the next reward tier?
    You know, I've been thinking about this the last few days. Taken in conjunction with the changes to random queues and the amount of astral diamonds awarded for running them, I'm never going to spend AD on this. It'll be a waste of money that's already in short supply and will soon be in even shorter supply.
  • rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    Since you are making AD and Companion tokens account bound rather than character bound, could you possibly do the same thing with RP? I'm still stuck carrying stuff around that I haven't converted as I'm not sure what toon will need the most RP next. If we could just dump it all into one pot, accountwide, it would really simplify things for a lot of us.
    rubytrue said:

Since you are making AD and Companion tokens account bound rather than character bound, could you possibly do the same thing with RP? I'm still stuck carrying stuff around that I haven't converted as I'm not sure what toon will need the most RP next. If we could just dump it all into one pot, accountwide, it would really simplify things for a lot of us.

This would be nice. What I've taken to doing is refining enchantments and non-BTC stuff on my character who gets the most RP (because it gets played the most) and leaving the BTC stuff for the character that owns it. It's not ideal, but it's a work-around until they make RP account-bound.
    lowjohn said:

@noworries#8859 : Will there be a meter where we can see how many we've earned so far, and how close we are to the next reward tier?

I've turned the event on, on the preview server which shows the new interface for tracking bonus rp earned and reward statuses.
    Sweet! I'll check that out tonight, thanks.
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    @noworries#8859 have you guys thought about a 250k RP one giving 1 coalescent ward as reward(or maybe 500k RP) edited: or maybe max rank reward give 1 coalward
    Post edited by arcanjo86 on

lowjohn said:

I've turned the event on, on the preview server which shows the new interface for tracking bonus rp earned and reward statuses.
    So I checked it out and played for a bit. The meter looks good, appears to track progress correctly, is clear and easy to see.... I like it! I haven't played long enough to earn the bonuses but if those work then it's perfect.

Thanks for improving this event!
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I liked the interface. I think that's a good improvement.

I still feel like the actual amount of RP earned just doesn't make this event feel worthwhile. I left the bonus at 1x and farmed mobs for wanted posters, as I would be doing on Live, for a couple hours. The amount of RP I earned was woeful. So I tried boosting the multiplier up to 5x. I really was not impressed, and the rewards? A few preservation wards? I truly and wholly was not impressed.

I might consider this event to be worth my time if I could earn a Coalescent Ward if I hit the max. At the very least a whole lot more Preservation wards than are currently offered. Other than that I see no point in trying.

Overall a slight improvement in way of the User Interface but not an event I would take notice of or bother with. I most certainly would not spend the AD to boost my earn rate, not at the current multipliers.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

I agree that it's not an event worth farming hard, even with the pres wards at the end, but if you're mostly playing one main toon and you're playing a few hours a day from Thursday->Sunday (the length of a standard bonus RP event), you very well might reach the end. Or pay for a little bit of a boost to DEFINITELY reach the end - 25,000 AD for 5 Pres Wards is actually a fair use of Zen, that doesn't require you to convert it to Zen first, and you got ~12,500 AD worth of bonus RP along the way.

I haven't run dungeons on preview to see how much the RP drop from them is.
  • kstubble#4883 kstubble Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    hmmm. seems better for the rp, but still pres wards are not enough incentive to really want to play the event much. i feel it needs better rewards for me to go the distance. can buy pres wards from ah instead of spending on boosts, especially with 25k ad possibly becoming more precious soon.

good idea but if better end rewards like coal wards or even some useful items more worth the effort then maybe it could be an event worth playing and even spending ad on boosts
This discussion has been closed.