test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Astral Diamonds

Comments

• pointybagelspointybagels Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Everyone complaining about the AD change should realize that this will bring down the average cost of everything on the AH too, after a bit of lead time.

This is definitely a good first step towards reducing the backlog.

I do wonder how they plan to prevent multi-accounting though.
  • sismond#7543 sismond Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    terramak said:

Highlights

Astral Diamond Refinement Changes
    Astral Diamonds are now more easily accessible across a player's entire account! The Shared Bank, accessible at the bank in Protector's Enclave, can now store Astral Diamonds. In addition, regardless of character, an account can refine up to 100,000 Astral Diamonds per day.

More information coming soon!

Release Notes

More detailed release notes coming soon!

Really, but really bad idea... Will destroy the game even more unfair, breaking the only way some players get some actual ad, especially new players that don't have acess to masterwork crafting or whatever costs a reasonable amount of ad.
    Will also break the market cause ad gain will slow down.
    Feels like something forced to increase zen purchase to trade for AD inducing a major loss of players, even worse than before on mod 12b. It is better you guys think again about that, at least increase the cap to 200,000 or 300,000, is alot more fair.

• mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    terramak said:

Astral Diamonds are now more easily accessible across a player's entire account! The Shared Bank, accessible at the bank in Protector's Enclave, can now store Astral Diamonds. In addition, regardless of character, an account can refine up to 100,000 Astral Diamonds per day.

This will punnish people that don't break the rules and have multiple accounts. This will promote Multiple accounts

Also your Rad will bulk up fast causing no need to run dungeons and if you continue the 1 day a week play mod like mod 12 and 13 this will leave many with nothing to do on thuesday-sunday

EDIT: Not meant as critisism I really like the other things this just might be another keygate in the making so bringing it to your atention
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• dragovf82dragovf82 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    This method have concrete possibility of exploiting by simply create multi account and code random queue or pass ring.
    Dev you have any intention of restrict the number of account per IP?
  • dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    edited May 2018

Rough Astral Diamond Refinement cap has been raised to 100,000 a day and is now an account wide limit. You can refine 100,000 on a single character or across multiple characters.

Moderator edited out rule violation.

I am an XB1 player since 2015 with 10 characters. I spend THOUSANDS on Zen every year. Go take a peek at my account, it's linked to my forum account.

I don't refine on all my characters every day or even most days, but, after I've blown a couple hundred bucks popping lockboxes, I do like to split up my tradebars and refine that junk into AD.

I paid for the character slots, whether buying them individually or by buying pre-rolled level 70 characters. I wanted to have 10 just for an even number on my AD.

Every time you've taken a feature away from us, usually on AD changes, but there have been other times, like Coal Wards in the Tradebar store, perpetual character nerfs, and then nerfing enchants and runestones to the point that we have to grind out two more levels JUST TO GET BACK TO WHERE WE WERE ALREADY AT, yeah, every time you've screwed us, I've stuck it out in hopes of finding something new and fun to enjoy in a very complex gaming system.

Instead of finding a way to thank players for choosing your platform for recreation, you find a way to take somethng else away from us.

Make this change if you want. You're the developers, it is your right to change the direction of your product.

It is MY right to not spend another dime on Zen when other games are out there, eager to earn my commerce (and it WON'T be Magic The Gathering).

Make the right choice this time.
  • siggtomten29siggtomten29 Member Posts: 47 Arc User

I love how you try to get this to sound positive, when you really are punishing the players that have invested in more characters to get more AD. for myself it takes me from 288k to 100k a day, this is gonna break the last of your loyal players, i stopped spending money a while back from other "nerfs" this one is setting the rest of the guild on fire. im applauding your shamelessness.
  • putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    this doesn't really effect new players. new players don't have alt armies to salvage on. this effects older players who have built up a stable of salvagers.

Remove the cap on zen price. It's stupid and points directly at the lack of economic aptitude of the development team.

Introduce more attractive options for AD sinks. you tried with overload enchants, making traps give injuries, etc. but it hasn't worked. Try a fashion store, add more transmutes, get those graphics artist to work
  • mrraxster#6969 mrraxster Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Why can't you just make a cap based on how many alts one account has?. And just email them or make us do something to prove that we are not bots?, but no... You just want to <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> us more :)
  • faredawg1faredawg1 Member Posts: 81 Arc User

"Astral Diamond Refinement Changes
    Astral Diamonds are now more easily accessible across a player's entire account! The Shared Bank, accessible at the bank in Protector's Enclave, can now store Astral Diamonds. In addition, regardless of character, an account can refine up to 100,000 Astral Diamonds per day."

Love this idea!

However cap seems low... double it. Or allow cap to be influenced by the amount of Char slots on the account.

You can already share AD with Alts through the Exchange system.
  • sismond#7543 sismond Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    edited May 2018

It is MY right to not spend another dime on Zen when other games are out there, eager to earn my commerce (and it WON'T be Magic The Gathering).

Make the right choice this time.

I agree with you, dont kill Neverwinter for make Magic The Gathering. I know games need money, but pay to win (or near that) isnt fun.

• rubytruerubytrue Member Posts: 582 Arc User
    100K/day accountwide is terribly low. Given prices on the AH for something nice, like a legendary mount, a player would have to refine for 100+ days without buying *anything* else for any toon on their account in order to save up for something like that....
    agilesto said:

"The first run bonuses are now account gated meaning that only one character can earn those first run bonuses per day."

Now this is quite a more impactful nerf than the 100k per account...

Holy Crabcakes! This is even worse!!!! Are you TRYING to get players to leave the game. I'm ready to spend $100 on this game come the Anniversary Event. Why would I do that now that you are destroying my game?
    cdnbison said:

I'm at a point where 100k/day AD is more than enough for the time I have available to game, and when I do have some extra time, and ring up some extra RAD, I'm sure it'll get covered off by days I don't have time to do much of anything. And I don't think I'm alone in this situation. A previous poster mentioned "people who burn through 50 Legendary keys a day in ToNG" - and I'd suggest they are an extreme outlier as at a (very generous) 15min. / run, still puts them at 12+ hours in there. Most people can squeeze in 2-6 hours a night. Enough to cap to 36k without much problem, and I'm sure 100k at the high end of that time - but beyond that? I don't honestly think you'll be seeing masses of players noticing the change.

I think you are completely wrong. MANY players use more than 3 toons to generate AD each day.
  • serpeer#6400 serpeer Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Trying to send away players and kill the game?

You do very well.
    This will be a game killer for me. I can't BELIEVE the people in charge of this game think this is anything but a stupid idea. What game are you playing? Are you NOT playing your own game. This is insulting and offensive to your TRUE players. You should be ashamed of putting this idea out to the players. Shame on you.
  • lowjohnlowjohn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,061 Arc User

Additional AD sinks is also an area we are looking into and have some future plans already, but continue to investigate fun/rewarding ways to spend AD.

I will kill anyone you want me to kill for a way to spend AD to unlock some of the old armor skins that are impossible or practically impossible to get any more. I'm thinking Prophet Champion and the rest of the Gauntlgrym skins to begin with but there are more.

• thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User

terramak said:

Highlights

More information coming soon!

Release Notes

More detailed release notes coming soon!

Really, but really bad idea... Will destroy the game even more unfair, breaking the only way some players get some actual ad, especially new players that don't have acess to masterwork crafting or whatever costs a reasonable amount of ad.
    Will also break the market cause ad gain will slow down.
    Feels like something forced to increase zen purchase to trade for AD inducing a major loss of players, even worse than before on mod 12b. It is better you guys think again about that, at least increase the cap to 200,000 or 300,000, is alot more fair.

mastercraft items are not necessary to the game or being well geared. and this will reduce prices across the board given time for it to sink in. economy is supply and demand. people want to sell their stuff. if the market can only bear to pay so much because of there being only so much ad available prices will drop.
  • dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User

Additional AD sinks is also an area we are looking into and have some future plans already, but continue to investigate fun/rewarding ways to spend AD.

Please consider that BEFORE taking away AD from players who do not bot and who have put Zen and time into additional characters. This is a not a fun or rewarding way to treat us.
This discussion has been closed.