test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Official Feedback Thread: Astral Diamonds

noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
M14 brings about some changes to Rough AD. We monitor all of the AD earned, refined and spent on all platforms each day and have regular meetings to go over that data.

One thing that has been true for a while now is that the rate of AD entering the game is much higher than the AD being used up. The easiest place to see this is with the Astral Diamond Exchange ( ZAX ). For PC it has been a long time since the ZAX was not trading at 500 to 1, and the backlog has continued to hit higher levels each year during its big spikes. The console ZAX exchange is also higher than in the past, although it fortunately has not had to deal with being capped very often yet.

Overall, raising the cap is not a solution we believe would help in the long term or would be beneficial to the players. It would reduce the value of AD and would end up capped again as the overall AD wealth continued to grow.

We’ve been developing approaches to help address the problem and to get Astral Diamonds to a more stable place. M14 has the first significant steps toward that goal with additional changes coming in future modules.

At this point I’m sure you just want to get to the changes so here they are:
  • Rough Astral Diamond Refinement cap has been raised to 100,000 a day and is now an account wide limit. You can refine 100,000 on a single character or across multiple characters.
  • Astral Diamonds can now go into the shared bank.
  • Some uncommon (green) quality mounts and companions will be moving from the Zen store to the Wondrous Bazaar store.
  • The Bonus RP event has had multiple improvements but also has a boost that can be purchased in the Wondrous Bazaar to increase your Bonus RP earnings during the event. Part of our plan to start offering more items for AD.

Random Queues have also had a variety of changes which you can find out more information on in this thread: Official Feedback Thread: Changes to Random Queues

Below are the AD changes to the random queues:
  • Leveling Queue: 8,000 first run / 1,000 repeat
  • Intermediate Queue: 12,000 first run / 2,000 repeat / 2,400 role bonus
  • Advanced: 15,000 first run / 3,000 repeat / 3,000 role bonus
  • Expert: 5,000 role bonus

The first run bonuses are now account gated meaning that only one character can earn those first run bonuses per day.

The end goal of these changes, and future changes, is to get the AD markets into a better state for the players, allow the ZAX to work better and to make AD more meaningful and useful all around. We know these are big changes and all feedback and questions are welcome.
Post edited by noworries#8859 on

Comments

• kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I personally like the idea, and hope that it works to lower the ZAX. It's been climbing on all the platforms. It was just under 200 when I started playing on Xbox and is now usually just under 400, sometimes just over 400. I would hate for it to hit 500 and stay there like PC. :( And from what I hear, PS4 is nearing the 500 mark.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • neidanman#1423 neidanman Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Maybe there could be an option for people who made lots of accounts do do some kind of trade-in/salvaging of account slots since they probably won't use so many now.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    nooneatza said:

Neverwinter's economy doesn't have any problems

Are we even playing the same game?

100k/Account, not gonna impact me, will reduce the overall amount of AD generated, so that's good for me.
    However stinky nerf for players that have a huge playing time and are already able to refine several hundreds k per day.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    Personally when I read that the daily RAD is going to be raised from 36k to 100k I was psyched! I have like 2M that needs to be refined that 36k was never putting a dent into.
    But I have 1 main and 2 alts that don't really do much, I can see why someone with a ton of alts would be upset by having it be "account" and not "character" limited.
  • dreadvenemousdreadvenemous Member Posts: 162 Arc User
    @shazza53 has been in this game longer than I have. There is no telling how many hundreds of YOUR players she's helped in the game over the years, players who might otherwise have gotten frustrated and left before you had a chance to nerf something they earned. You should value her opinion, even if you ignore mine.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Welp, better go salvage all purples that have been piling up on alts before it's too late.
  • king1slayerking1slayer Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Add some unique, cool, special transmutes to the Wondrous Bazaar store and I am sure the AD will sink.
This discussion has been closed.