test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Wands for motes

rtmeade1971rtmeade1971 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
Wands of air, water, fire, and earth still seem to be broken. My wife and I tried to complete several years ago and after spending money for keys to open boxes we were still unable to get the garaunteed motes for doing the heroic encounters at the 100% drop rate, either she would get one or I would get one and sometimes we both would get one. Made a support ticket it for it recently because after 3 years ago we decided to revisit the quest. Was told by support to come here and post so I could talk to other players and maybe the devs would read this too, it’s the first problem I have ever tried to post with any game because I understand the random drop rate system that this game is going for. We all know the drop rates are very low for most in game items that’s why we have opted 2 times now to spend our money for keys to get the tarmulame bars to buy the wands and some after realizing that the game is still broken. We have since found out that the same artifact weapons could be made in the professions. So that is a fix I suppose but I am still a little upset about the bars were actually paid for to get them twice now. So one to problem number 2. When emailing this in for about the 4th time in a row I was basically told that I should probably wat h some YouTube videos on this subject to help me figure out what to do. My concern is I am contacting customer support for my wife and my favorite game to play together and am not being helped to figure out a solution. So I contact support again about being told to spend time away from the product I am concerned about. Once again am asked to post here. Great. Here I am. Now after the last message I sent. My wife and I continued to play and came across another issue. While running the defending the dale campaign we could not get credit from killing remorhaz. I got my kills and she could not get credit in group together, in group by herself, or anything else we could think of. It came down to logging out and back in several times to get her thru this mission. Sent in support ticket. Because in my mind and age if you contact the support team then they should either hVe the information and knowledge to help you directly or get the ticket to the devs so that your problem could be corrected in some way. My wife and I do truly support this game. It’s our favorite, we know we aren’t guaranteed anything, but the ones have a 100% drop rate that we wasted real world money on. We don’t have very much in the end game catergory because we play differently than most people. We don’t rush thru, we collect about everything cause nothing is gaurauteed, we get that. But in our experience of working with the public you never steer a customer away from your product. You handle them with care. New customers are great but what about the ones that are going into there 5th year and have documents showing the money spent to play and enjoy a wonderful product? I for one don’t know if I shall ever actually spend more real money on this game. Am kinda let down at the moment and my wife is too, to think of all the hours and money spent to enjoy just to have it insinuated that we just didn’t understand the drop rates in game. Lol and that it was simply our crappy luck that was the cause. And to top it all off I recommended this game to a friend recently and he had an issue of something not showing up that he had purchased so I asked him to contact support and not only was he given what he had purchased but a special code that gave him a legendary mount and 1.5 million astral diamonds... he had played for 6 days. Welcome to Neverwinter. Thanks for any replies or feedback to these situations. Sorry if I rambled but I wanted to make sure everything in my mind was covered and now I wait to see if the devs can offer some assistance since they sometimes come here and read the forum as apposed to a support ticket... thanks again. RestlessDuck and ScreechOWL68 on Xbox one

Comments

• jslegge1901jslegge1901 Member Posts: 95 Arc User
    I agree, paying for something and not having it work right is a drag. With that said, elemental and twisted weapons are largely obsolete now. Wootz weapons are a wonderful starter weapon, better than legendary twisted at green and are super cheap and really easy to make. I would highly recommend getting those instead.

1.6 mil and a legendary mount? Holy HAMSTER I wish I had his problem when I started lol

I agree with your statement on taking care of existing customers, but I feel the events they hold are wonderful. Double refining stones and seals have been critical in my advancement as a player. I understand it's across the board but end game players benefit from these the most of any players.
  • rtmeade1971rtmeade1971 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Absolutely. And my wife and I aren’t really that hard core we are more in the completionist category. And just actually wanted the artifact weapons for the collections think maybe if we had more collections completed it would maybe change a drop rate or two. Honestly out of ideas lol. Thank so for the reply tho. Nice to know someone is reading these things.
  • draconislupusdraconislupus Member Posts: 205 Arc User
    As obsolete as those weapons are they really need to make the motes drop 100% of the time without the wands and drop the number needed.

I mean they did that already with the relic gear and it is still useful.
  • smashinbootssmashinboots Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    If you are going for completion cant they just be made through professions? Or even better if you HAVE to have them and cant make them, buy them through the astral house. Surely if you have better/more efficient things to do with your time.
    I would agree with both of these comments. Seems more like the notification process from customer to support is the biggest problem I have encountered so far. And even after all the time my wife and I have spent playing we are no where close in our professions to make much as far as weapons but we are working on it. And as for anything thru the exchange seems the economy in game is kinda skewed for people that have better luck in their drops than we have had thus far.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    well..getting those weapons only makes sense if you are a completionist...and for that you need to be really well-off anyhow, so just buy them on ah or pay someone to make them.

for anyone else...just get cheaper/better weapons.
    Hoping for improvements...
    Thanks already got them. The point of this post was actually about the money and effort and time spent to play this wonderful game and the first problem that has really been an issue is the fact that. You send in a support ticket and get blown off to post in the forums. The idea behind having customer support is to address the issues for each customer on a case by case basis, not refer them to forums that have nothing to do with the issues that are being asked about that should be handled by customer support. As of this posting. My wife and I have had 3 tickets come about in 3 weeks about different things we are experiencing in game and have yet for anyone from arc, perfect world, or cryptic make themselves known to give us a hand or an explanation. And am guessing that is why the game is set up this way. Yes we have better weapons, but the fact is when we should have been able to acquire them in the first place they were broken, now 3 years plus into our experience they still are broken and we like to acquire them ourselves not use the exchange, but instead used real money to buy the keys necessary to open the boxes to acquire the tarmulane bars for said wands and to actually support the game we love. Seems it is simply falling on deaf ears from our perspective and that’s ok too. I will continue to play but can’t say there will be very much more on the financial support end until this is fixed.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    my guess is that fixing the wands is VERY low on the to-do list, simply because practically nobody wants those weapons and the few thst do will just make or buy them instead.
    Hoping for improvements...
    I understand that. The problem is they have been broken since the beginning.