test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

The Journal will change which quest you have selected incorrectly.

ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
The Quest Journal will, at times, select previously unchecked quests in the most unintuitive ways. An example:

I was in Omu and selected the "Riches of Ruin (Patrol) quest. This quest then points you towards Port Nyanzaru with the glowy trail. Upon following it and entering Port Nyanzaru the quest changed to a quest from Omu and the glowy trail led straight back the way I'd just come through the door.

This is just one example, this occurs relatively frequently. If the journal is able to switch quests (which there should be a "auto toggle location quests" option that can be enabled or disabled so that the player can decide whether the Quest Journal can auto select quests) then it shouldn't change off of the quests in the zone you're in currently.

This can be annoying when trying to maintain the series of quests required by dailies and attempting to use the in game navigation UI.

Does anyone else have this issue? Is there another potential solution that might be simpler?

Thanks for your time.
On ambush rings: "How would you like PVE if all the mobs were invisible?"

imgur pics don't work

Comments

• ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Another pair of quests that change counter intuitively are: "Camp Resupply" and "Little Gods (Repeatable). They auto change and lead you back and forth to each other at the door in Omu.

imgur pics don't work

• ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    yes, i also have this issue.
  • ltgamesttv#0999 ltgamesttv Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,438 Arc User
    Another quest pair that reverses are: "Shrines of the trickster Gods" and "All's Well with ChettleBell".

imgur pics don't work

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the info! I'll pass the details on :)
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    @nitocris83 this also happens in Dread Ring after you make an Adamantine Glove thing it switches fro the Lair Quest you have chosen to another quest kind of at random
  • miasmatmiasmat Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 318 Cryptic Developer
    @nitocris83 tells me I'm not supposed to talk about how we're changing the suggested quest logic in M14.
  • therealprotextherealprotex Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 526 Arc User
    miasmat said:

@nitocris83 tells me I'm not supposed to talk about how we're changing the suggested quest logic in M14.

Good that she didn't tell you that you are not supposed to talk about THAT you are changing the suggested quest logic in M14. ;-)
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

miasmat said:

Good that she didn't tell you that you are not supposed to talk about THAT you are changing the suggested quest logic in M14. ;-)
    My powers of secret keeping still come with some limits :)
  • hawkeyelhawkeyel Member Posts: 389 Arc User
    Just thinking out loud .Being as to how great RQ has turned out I cannot wait to get into a fight with my own Quest Journal as to what it think's I should do,rather than me telling it. What could possibly go wrong.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    miasmat said:

Man, that's a really good idea. I hope we do that too...

Well, I'm sure you'll try. But will you succeed...