test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Items that are ruining PvP

nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
edited May 2018 in PvP Discussion
Currently, there are items that - while probably not initially designed to be used in PvP (apart from drains) and were the result of lack of foresight or communication between devs working on PvE and those working on PvP - are very much used in PvP and totally ruin what is left of the already poor experience. Some of them work as intended but have a debilitating effect on gameplay; others are broken and further exacerbate a frustrating experience. Here is a list of these items, in the hope that someone will listen and be willing to remediate a toxic environment. If I miss out on items, please add a comment and I will add it to the list.

Ring of the Curse Bringer: this item procs ridiculously often, in and out of combat; it often procs 20 or 30 seconds after having left combat, stuns you and prevents you from getting onto your mount (or dismounts you).

Mane of the Manticore: why even allow this sort of item in PvP where burst damage is high enough after the recent changes? As it so happens, it is also bugged and multiprocs on several classes resulting in large swaths of your HP being taken away.

Chitters' Fangs: same observation as above; it is also bugged. It can be devastating on paladins; not sure sure about other classes, perhaps someone has more information.

Thunderhead Enchantment
: perma-stuns and reports have been made that it does not add cc-resist stacks.

Impenetrable Jungle: roots enemies for 4 seconds; crowd control is supposed to be used strategically via encounters and certain classes rely on their cc to be able to kill or escape death in pvp. A ranged, less tanky, class being rooted in place by this boon and being denied their dodges by a high-damage melee class can be dead in seconds.

Sandy's Assault Pants: yet another item that stuns opponents randomly and detracts from a pleasant experience.

Drains: sorry, but whatever changes have been applied to these, draining someone's stamina is still ridiculously toxic.

Shadowclad Enchantment: there seems to be no cooldown on the stealth.

@nitocris83
Nezdin (DC)
Aelan Icebleed (CW)
Post edited by nezdin#5514 on

Comments

• wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    There is a cooldown on the Daze and stun on Shadowclad. But you can get up to 8 stacks of it whilst on cooldown, I dont think thats a bug.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • nezdin#5514 nezdin Member Posts: 259 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

There is a cooldown on the Daze and stun on Shadowclad. But you can get up to 8 stacks of it whilst on cooldown, I dont think thats a bug.

I meant the stealth part - is its cooldown correct?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • jonkocajonkoca Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,586 Arc User
    Add Sandy's pants, another stupid stun.

Manticore/chitters need to be fixed so they obey the parameters on the tooltip. Shadowclad is wai.
    No idea what my toon is now.
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    impenetrable Jungle boon procs and stuns
    edited May 2018
    And lol, how could I forget... the ultimate pay2win item.

The swift golden lion. I've been killed by that thing more times than I can remember. Full hitpoints effectively, a prone, and bonus radiant damage. Overpowered much..?
    edited May 2018
    jonkoca said:

Add Sandy's pants, another stupid stun.

Added
    kalina311 said:

impenetrable Jungle boon procs and stuns

Added
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
    jonkoca said:

Shadowclad is wai.

So stealth from shadowclad procs at most once every 30 seconds? This is tested?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • jjd1#9197 jjd1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Tenebrous encantment. I started pvp last months. I have GWF 12k and in only some seconds a paladin with 10k level killed me. Looks like bug

https://postimg.cc/image/t13epqx1j/
  • vickvega82#4490 vickvega82 Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Agree with all of this. I have/use some of these items, but that is mostly to remain competitive in anenviroment filled with them. I would be absolutely ok with all of them being essentially nerfd to death for PvP.

Also, drains, FFS get rid of them, put a cool down, something. That <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> absolutely trashes PvP.
    Limitless is L33t AF
    Not adding legendary lion..?
    jonkoca said:

I am not sure why you want to add the lion to the list of items above - you really think that the devs will touch legendary mounts in the same way they may do so with the items already in the list? No - a bit of realism please. There is no denying that all legendary mounts add an advantage due to their stats and their powers to players that own them over those that do not; the lion, even more so, due to to its shield. However, this is not a total balancing thread; if it was then legendary mounts along with SH boons would be added to the discussion since they create disparities between players. Most of the items already in the list can be obtained at relatively low cost by most players. Feel free to start a thread on legendary mounts, SH boons and all other items that you believe create unfair disparity between players. I have already stated being in favour of equalising these things in past threads, just fyi.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
    jjd1#9197 said:

Tenebrous encantment. I started pvp last months. I have GWF 12k and in only some seconds a paladin with 10k level killed me. Looks like bug

https://postimg.cc/image/t13epqx1j/

It seems that several players have copied the originator of the build. I am not sure of how it works exactly but might have to do with damage reflection.

Before adding it to the list - does anyone know or can someone explain how these work on OPs?
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    jonkoca said:

No way dude, its not P2W... I got mine free by saving up for a couple/few months
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User
    Actually, the combo TR + MANE OF THE MANTICORE is something absolutely unacceptable for a game. The TR was already overpowered over every possible reason, now with the mane you get hit by BB+SOD+MANE ( mutiporc ) for over 260k istantly.

Almost every TR is ABUSING it in dominon, Every Paladin is ABUSING that item + the thunderhead, some GF, some GWF too.
    But on TR is something unbelievable, still Dev aren't fixing that damn item.

And still there is not a single fix...unacceptable.

• demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    While you are at it add all the rings that grant invisibility.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    And add all the items that reveal a stealthed tr
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • kalina311kalina311 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,082 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    Poking stick : humiliating your opponents is broken / overpowered damage is just sooo OP broken

https://neverwinter.gamepedia.com/Poking_Stick

The Poking Stick is a reusable item that can be purchased from the Wondrous Bazaar for 200,000 Astral Diamonds.

It has only effect in PvP.

Use: You jab an enemy with a plain and unassuming stick, dealing 838 damage to the target. If they die from this damage, they are humiliated and catapulted into the sky.

The battlegrounds are always full of those who live to mock their foes. A sharp jab from this stick could have disastrous consequences for your foes.

This item can only target players.

edit: this item above and other ..shows that the devs encouraged griefing in pvp by creating a disparity... have and have nots in pvp in guilds and in items.. drains were deliberately created for a pvp arms guild race by the devs creating a super toxic environment ... by requiring high guild levels even to have wards to counter not just the drains level 1 and 2 .... its like we (devs ) will give you the cancer and then sell you the cure ./.

this is third a hand information and thru someone else that I know but some of the devs said drains were a mistake and never should have been introduced
    Post edited by kalina311 on
  • krzrsmskrzrsms Member Posts: 164 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    "The swift golden lion. I've been killed by that thing more times than I can remember. "

No you haven't. You were either outnumbered trying to take out a weak player from a group, or just taken out by a better player you were unable to one shot. This is just a pathetic attempt at nerfing something that is at worst an annoyance. The knockback is tiny and shortlived, and the prone no worse than any other like 'bull charge' that classes have as a power, but can use multiples more often. Further the fight has to be started in order to use the mount power, so planning accordingly to either one-shot or survive for 10 seconds is part of the whole thing. ...and the damage boost? Please. That whole 6% boost is not going to make or break someone, especially compared to ALL the other boosts available to us.

Also the irony of TRs and HRs in this thread complaining about peoples little stuns is strong. All they live to do in pvp is to team stun kill any group they find.

"Drains: sorry, but whatever changes have been applied to these, draining someone's stamina is still ridiculously toxic."
    *Whinge* I wanna suckerpunch other players then run away so I dont die. The fave TR tactic of today. Its pitiful.

"..and detracts from a pleasant experience". Its PVP, whats detracting from your pleasant experience of consequence free kills is joyful to those that are employing them as a defense.

The real thing that kills PVP in this game is the same thing that always has. A toxic atmosphere of unsportsmanlike conduct. A cliqueish set of well funded and over geared guilds being matched up against and victimizing new and underequipped players to exclude them from any play. ..and when it comes to open world PVP the requirement for PVE players to fend for themselves in PVP to claim currency for a desirable Guild PVE stat boon (power).

The gear, especially since the deletion of tenacity is generally fine.
    edited May 2018
    A prone no worse than bull charge... you mean the prone that's one of the worst in the game..? That prone..? Boy, glad it's not worse than that.

You fail to dissemble concerning the whole. "Oh lookee! Allllll my hitpoints are back suddenly" side of things. You're right, half the time they'll have only a thin wedge of hp left after I've hit them. Basically popping lion both saves them, and puts me on the ground. Total reversal of fortune. All in a single item.

6% boost. Nice, 6x400, hell, call it 500, 3000 power boost too.

So, in summary. All your hitpoints, flatten opponent, 3k power, brushes your teeth.

Totally not overpowered at all.

You are right however, it's not these items ruining pvp, it's the people adopting them. Just last night I came across a top player with a new TR alt, running with full rank 2 drains and sandys pants. Just unashamedly spawncamped everyone. If these guys are using this stuff routinely, there's zero hope that upcoming scrubs will have any choice but to follow suit. I'm at the point where I'll just keep my manticore hat, broken or not, who cares..? It's becoming obvious these days that no-one else does.
    krzrsms said:

Also the irony of TRs and HRs in this thread complaining about peoples little stuns is strong. All they live to do in pvp is to team stun kill any group they find.

"Drains: sorry, but whatever changes have been applied to these, draining someone's stamina is still ridiculously toxic."
    *Whinge* I wanna suckerpunch other players then run away so I dont die. The fave TR tactic of today. Its pitiful.

Yes, TRs using them and ensnaring you in their smokebombs is quite toxic and pitiful but they remove core class mechanics when used by any other class too.
    krzrsms said:

"..and detracts from a pleasant experience". Its PVP, whats detracting from your pleasant experience of consequence free kills is joyful to those that are employing them as a defense.

"Employing them as a defense"? Are you joking? I wonder how much PvP you have played these last few mods to claim such a thing. Sure there are some lower item level players that use these toxic items but I'd say they are more common among mid- to high-item level players. Just go into domination - you can look forward to a BiS TR or any other class for that matter perma-stunning you with cursebringer rings followed by mane and chitters procs. Add drains to enhance the climax!

The only way one may use them in any sort of "defensive" capability is by the logic of "hey, if they are using it, then I will too". This is classic prisoner's dilemma, where the irony is that if everyone abstained from using those toxic items, everyone would be better off. In fact, the worst outcome has yet to materialise: still, a slim majority (?) of players refuse to use all of the above items; wait until all of us start doing so, regardless of item level, and this alleged "joyful experience" that you suggest the current item-users feel will turn very sour. Also, should this occur and everyone defaults to using these items, guess who will suffer most? Hint: it won't the high item level players ;)

Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
    jonkoca said:

You are right however, it's not these items ruining pvp, it's the people adopting them. Just last night I came across a top player with a new TR alt, running with full rank 2 drains and sandys pants. Just unashamedly spawncamped everyone. If these guys are using this stuff routinely, there's zero hope that upcoming scrubs will have any choice but to follow suit. I'm at the point where I'll just keep my manticore hat, broken or not, who cares..? It's becoming obvious these days that no-one else does.

Heh I think I know exactly who you are referring to! But no, I cannot agree with your logic. As for the who cares, this is not the first post about these HAMSTER items; I just wanted to put them all in one list and remind @nitocris83 who seems again silent on the issue. Many have complained about them in the past, and others are doing so today, both here and in-game: there is your answer to "who cares..?".
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    That's a pretty good shopping list you got there.
  • tholan#1688 tholan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 204 Arc User

jonkoca said:

Heh I think I know exactly who you are referring to! But no, I cannot agree with your logic. As for the who cares, this is not the first post about these HAMSTER items; I just wanted to put them all in one list and remind @nitocris83 who seems again silent on the issue. Many have complained about them in the past, and others are doing so today, both here and in-game: there is your answer to "who cares..?".
    That's it...who cares? Have any of the dev, even after all the complain posted, said something? NO.
    Even during the event, i was ( and not only me, most of the old pvp players was full broken stuff setup )full Chitters, ring, sandy, drains, just so that if they try on them self how damn broken they are, they fill fix them immediately, max one or two patch notes, but we are still here, at the same point.

I've really reached my limit , I've started to use chitters and ring even in dominion ( always thx to "top" pvp players ,who with Mane, who with Chitters and permastun ring ).

But, what i found is "i'm not happy at all using them", there is no skill with them, and, like cw, there will be always other class that will be more broken using the same item ( TR in primis, with him you have the biggest example on how dev cares about the pvp aspect....how many module is in that condition now? 3? )

I've said to Luis, few moment ago, that pvp is definitely dead, the player base got destroyed by the lack of skill/voluntee/management about all the pvp aspect, the new player take like example this "new" generation of player, that is able only to use broken stuff , and, simply, the game is not funny anymore.

This time, at last for me, is the end , was a great, funny , incredible adventure, but , sadly, it's finished.
    I think that i will take a break from pvp, at last unitl the next module, or maybe leave this game totally and search something else.

See you around.
  • callidus1986callidus1986 Member Posts: 20 Arc User

jonkoca said:

That's it...who cares? Have any of the dev, even after all the complain posted, said something? NO.
    Even during the event, i was ( and not only me, most of the old pvp players was full broken stuff setup )full Chitters, ring, sandy, drains, just so that if they try on them self how damn broken they are, they fill fix them immediately, max one or two patch notes, but we are still here, at the same point.

I've really reached my limit , I've started to use chitters and ring even in dominion ( always thx to "top" pvp players ,who with Mane, who with Chitters and permastun ring ).

But, what i found is "i'm not happy at all using them", there is no skill with them, and, like cw, there will be always other class that will be more broken using the same item ( TR in primis, with him you have the biggest example on how dev cares about the pvp aspect....how many module is in that condition now? 3? )

I've said to Luis, few moment ago, that pvp is definitely dead, the player base got destroyed by the lack of skill/voluntee/management about all the pvp aspect, the new player take like example this "new" generation of player, that is able only to use broken stuff , and, simply, the game is not funny anymore.

This time, at last for me, is the end , was a great, funny , incredible adventure, but , sadly, it's finished.
    I think that i will take a break from pvp, at last unitl the next module, or maybe leave this game totally and search something else.

See you around.

Actually, the combo TR + MANE OF THE MANTICORE is something absolutely unacceptable for a game. The TR was already overpowered over every possible reason, now with the mane you get hit by BB+SOD+MANE ( mutiporc ) for over 260k istantly.

Almost every TR is ABUSING it in dominon, Every Paladin is ABUSING that item + the thunderhead, some GF, some GWF too.
    But on TR is something unbelievable, still Dev aren't fixing that damn item.

And still there is not a single fix...unacceptable.

Same main reason i taking a break of this game - NOTHING fixed just even worse
    > @lordnemesis1981 said:
    > You are right however, it's not these items ruining pvp, it's the people adopting them. Just last night I came across a top player with a new TR alt, running with full rank 2 drains and sandys pants. Just unashamedly spawncamped everyone. If these guys are using this stuff routinely, there's zero hope that upcoming scrubs will have any choice but to follow suit. I'm at the point where I'll just keep my manticore hat, broken or not, who cares..? It's becoming obvious these days that no-one else does.
    >
    > Heh I think I know exactly who you are referring to! But no, I cannot agree with your logic. As for the who cares, this is not the first post about these HAMSTER items; I just wanted to put them all in one list and remind @nitocris83 who seems again silent on the issue. Many have complained about them in the past, and others are doing so today, both here and in-game: there is your answer to "who cares..?".
    >
    > That's it...who cares? Have any of the dev, even after all the complain posted, said something? NO.
    > Even during the event, i was ( and not only me, most of the old pvp players was full broken stuff setup )full Chitters, ring, sandy, drains, just so that if they try on them self how damn broken they are, they fill fix them immediately, max one or two patch notes, but we are still here, at the same point.
    >
    > I've really reached my limit , I've started to use chitters and ring even in dominion ( always thx to "top" pvp players ,who with Mane, who with Chitters and permastun ring ).
    >
    > But, what i found is "i'm not happy at all using them", there is no skill with them, and, like cw, there will be always other class that will be more broken using the same item ( TR in primis, with him you have the biggest example on how dev cares about the pvp aspect....how many module is in that condition now? 3? )
    >
    > I've said to Luis, few moment ago, that pvp is definitely dead, the player base got destroyed by the lack of skill/voluntee/management about all the pvp aspect, the new player take like example this "new" generation of player, that is able only to use broken stuff , and, simply, the game is not funny anymore.
    >
    > This time, at last for me, is the end , was a great, funny , incredible adventure, but , sadly, it's finished.
    > I think that i will take a break from pvp, at last unitl the next module, or maybe leave this game totally and search something else.
    >
    > See you around.

Since pvp is dead... why wold the developheads or produceggs bother spending time and energy on beating a dead horse back to life?

Many of you say you care about pvp, if you did and you understand how this game works in terms of how things get modified and by how soon, you would gathe as many friends as possible and pvp all the time.

Maybe even host your own pvp events...

You underestimate how much power you have as a player to make the change you want happen.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • jjd1#9197 jjd1 Member Posts: 9 Arc User

jonkoca said:

And all posts in here would not be here if we did not care. All who write here care about pvp.

jonkoca said:

See you around.

Funnily enough, you know very well that you are one of the players who does care about these things. How many times have we had discussions in game about all this broken stuff? Too many to count.

It is a shame to see you leave, if you do, although something tells me that you will be back in the next mod, if not before ;)

On the frustration though, no one is keeping us chained to the game. If frustration with the aspect we enjoy the most about the game gets too intense, then I do think the best thing is to leave/take a break - so many other things we can do. So many have decided to do exactly that. For those (masochists?) who decide to remain though, complaining unproductively won't result in much progress.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)

Since pvp is dead... why wold the developheads or produceggs bother spending time and energy on beating a dead horse back to life?

Many of you say you care about pvp, if you did and you understand how this game works in terms of how things get modified and by how soon, you would gathe as many friends as possible and pvp all the time.

It is true that there is little initiative for these sort of things. I have managed to put some matches together with a lot of effort and they have been fun. Robb also occasionally has done it. What is surprisingly difficult is how much effort is needed to find people who want to actually participate in a match.
    Nezdin (DC)
    Aelan Icebleed (CW)
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    This is a thread filled mostly with salt and unsportsmanship.

"He killed me while wearing a Thunderhead! Devs, please nerf!".

Someome mentionef Tenebrous enchants, are you joking?
    All usable items are legal to Don in pvp
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]