test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Tyrant Hunt Drop - Bile Drenched

unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
So to upgrade the Chain of 5 Scales to Chain of 6 Scales need the Bile drop from tyrant hunt. Already, getting to the tyrant hunt is RNG then RNG then RNG and quite an effort. Between friends and I 25+ hunts and no drop. Is this dropping at all, bugged, WAI?

Comments

• unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    so at least 10 more attempts by people I know and nothing - any updates?
  • mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    I heard somewhere that it may be the case that you have to be the one placing the lure to get a chance at the scale dropping for you and if someone else places the lure then you can't get it. Is this true?
    I assume that is the case as I'm reporting 25+ cases of the lure placer not getting it. I think its bugged but can't get a response to confirm.
  • vadasz21#2727 vadasz21 Member Posts: 39 Arc User
    There are two theories floating around now about how it might be bugged.

1) If you don’t have the chain of scales yet then you can get it as the lure placer. If you do have the chain then you won’t be able to get it.

2) If you have participated in a tyrant hunt as a non summoner then no matter how many times you summon it in the future by placing the lure yourself, you will not receive it.

Hope this helps with identifying what the bug actually is. It took me 5 months to farm my first king of spine lure. I hope it’s not just some low chance of dropping.

I’m thinking number 2 is more likely because it’s supposed to be a one time only drop so you can upgrade your chain. But, it’s probably incorrectly flagging your character as receiving it even though you didn’t summon it yourself.
  • tremeliques#2035 tremeliques Member Posts: 63 Arc User
    i agree with theorie 2, same thing happens for the kutlass scale
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    My vote is that when the devs fix this bug, the bile drenched scale should be changed to a guaranteed drop every time. The tyrant lure is extremely expensive and the scale should not be a chance drop at all.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
    edited March 2018

i agree with theorie 2, same thing happens for the kutlass scale

:( That means I probably can't get the Kutlass scale until that is fixed then. I have already participated in a couple Kutlass hunts but I was not the lure owner.
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    We have killed the Tyrant 9 times so far. The scale only drops for the person that summons him, it goes stright into your inventory, and from our testing it is around a 1 in 3 chance for it to drop for the summoner.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
  • dragonsbane3dragonsbane3 Member Posts: 190 Arc User
    grrouper said:

We have killed the Tyrant 9 times so far. The scale only drops for the person that summons him, it goes stright into your inventory, and from our testing it is around a 1 in 3 chance for it to drop for the summoner.

More info would be nice think most here know item drops to the person that set the trap and also drops straight to inventory. You say 9 times killed how many times was trap set and person got the scale? I assume 3 as you claim it is 1 in 3 chance from 9 tries? If they got the scale did they have chain at that time? Was they ever in a party before that time just to help and not set the trap? It really does seem something is bugging the drop if 25+ tries and still the trap setter has not seen the scale.
    That was the first and second week of the Mod. We had a guildie that bought a few of the packs and unlocked the T3 hunts the first few days of the release. So yes it was before anyone of us had the new Chains toy. It was the same party members 8 out of the 9 times that I was present and I found out today that they ran it 2 other times when I was not present and they had another drop during those runs.
    "The Sweet Ain't As Sweet Without The Sour!"
    Ran a few more tyrant lures this weekend at 3 million AD so a pop and same result and same response.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    @nitocris83 can we at least get an update of what the intended behavior is for this and kutlass bloody scale which has a similar issue with it.
    More empty pricey attempts - any acknowledgement of the issue?
  • poisoncloudpoisoncloud Member Posts: 489 Arc User
    I've never got the scale drop in the party run of fane, but it always drops in the first solo run from the first abomination killed.
    So 3 1/2 weeks and nothing?
    2 more weeks - any update?
  • colonelfreezycolonelfreezy Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Hey hey,
    alrighty friends...

I have placed the lure 23 times, killed the Tyrant so often and wasted too many nerves by farming & trading the components for nothing...

Here's the proof how often i wasted my Tyrant Lures... (Rotten Flesh)
    The Lureplacer gets 1 Teeth of the Tyrant in his inv. after successfully finishing the Tyrant hunt.
    imagepost_1
    As you can see - i have 18 Fangs left.
    I bought the main hand after 5 runs. = 18 + 5 = 23 times.

Here the sad proof...
    imagePost_2
    23 times of luring the tyrant out without ANY Drenched Bilde Scale drop. MOTIVATING!

I got my chain of scales before i did my first Tyrant hunt after the 2nd or 3rd week.
    (i unlocked fane with the fastest way possible (tiger + Zen bundle) and somehow, everyone i know who unlocked fane that fast, couldn't get the Drenched Bile Scale...

@nitocris83 please look into this problem, more and more players are experiencing it!
    Feels good when you invest so many hours and nerves for nothing!

I tested it, wrote Tickets - NOTHING!
    Please finally do something...

Greetings
    CHIEF
    Greets
    Chieftain
    bosschiefk5dnslchu6.png
    cnagbser.png
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    I think it's time we accept the fact that 95% of us will never get a Bile-drenched scale and that the folks over at Cryptic simply do not care. Prove me wrong, I dare you.
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

edited May 2018

Hey hey,
    alrighty friends...

I have placed the lure 23 times, killed the Tyrant so often and wasted too many nerves by farming & trading the components for nothing...

Here's the proof how often i wasted my Tyrant Lures... (Rotten Flesh)
    The Lureplacer gets 1 Teeth of the Tyrant in his inv. after successfully finishing the Tyrant hunt.
    imagepost_1
    As you can see - i have 18 Fangs left.
    I bought the main hand after 5 runs. = 18 + 5 = 23 times.

Here the sad proof...
    imagePost_2
    23 times of luring the tyrant out without ANY Drenched Bilde Scale drop. MOTIVATING!

I got my chain of scales before i did my first Tyrant hunt after the 2nd or 3rd week.
    (i unlocked fane with the fastest way possible (tiger + Zen bundle) and somehow, everyone i know who unlocked fane that fast, couldn't get the Drenched Bile Scale...

@nitocris83 please look into this problem, more and more players are experiencing it!
    Feels good when you invest so many hours and nerves for nothing!

I tested it, wrote Tickets - NOTHING!
    Please finally do something...

Greetings
    CHIEF

Good post,

Since this bug thead seems to have been missed, I will lend my support to this thread as best I can.

I haven't used a single tyrant lure because I have yet to hear of a single person I know actually getting the bile-drenched scale. I won't be investing in any tyrant lures until I hear that this issue has been looked into and fixed. If I'm going to pay 3mil AD a pop for something, I expect it to actually work.

Here is a list of devs I put together a while back:

List of Devs, Mods, and Admins:

@rgutscheradev
    @miasmat
    @terramak
    @dreadnaught
    @chaidrin#2320
    @nitocris83
    @asterdahl
    @mimicking#6533
    @uimaven
    @noworries#8859
    @ctatumdev#6113
    @crypticarkayne
    @zebular
    @ambisinisterr
    @tripsofthrymr
    @kreatyve
    @sgrantdev
    @balanced#2849
    @bicyclops#3731
    @ncoreadev#4548
    @crypticmapolis
    @scarabman

Note: If anyone else decides to use this list, use it sparingly, this list is a shot in the dark and many of the people on this list may not be involved with fixing bugs.
    Post edited by trgluestickz on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    Looking into this there does seem to be an issue with the treasure table. The intention was to stop players from receiving the item if they had no use for it (had upgraded past that point already), but the table was checking against the wrong level of ring (level 4 or above) which is what is causing the problem.
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
    @noworries#8859 So if I want to avoid this issue on console, I shouldn't upgrade my chain of scales before doing the tyrant hunt?
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer
    Until the fix goes live, you should get a Bile Drenched Scale before upgrading your ring past 3.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User

Until the fix goes live, you should get a Bile Drenched Scale before upgrading your ring past 3.

I see a few people have already flagged this post as awesome...I bet @colonelfreezy who used 23 lures already and others like him/her don't think this is awesome.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    manipulos said:

I see a few people have already flagged this post as awesome...

Mine should be interpreted in the context of the LOL for the previous comment, and how seldom we get any kind of acknowledgement for these kinds of problems.

It's pretty huge in my mind that this has been broken and people have lost big money hoping it wasn't broken, and instead just godawful RNG. It's depressing that godawful RNG was a plausible explanation.

I'm actually quite impressed that the community had this figured out (people were speculating that it only dropped before you got your scales, or before you equipped it... they were pretty close if it's really about not upgrading past 3).

Also it's always striking to me how things like chase items are broken in ways that indicate very little actual testing :(