test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Masterwork IV Quest

Comments

• agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    Does the MW 4 -> MW 5 quest work? Has anyone tested that recently?
  • friartukfriartuk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    Talking to some my guildies, I note that we have all finished and handed in the Commissioning task. This is required before you can get the quests for the individual professions to got from 4 to 5. I wonder if this bugs only relates to characters that have already completed the Commissioning task (and possibly raised another profession to 5).
  • chemjeffchemjeff Member Posts: 544 Arc User
    friartuk said:

Talking to some my guildies, I note that we have all finished and handed in the Commissioning task. This is required before you can get the quests for the individual professions to got from 4 to 5. I wonder if this bugs only relates to characters that have already completed the Commissioning task (and possibly raised another profession to 5).

Not in my case. I just finished the commission task today, because I had previously brought Artificing, Alchemy and Mailsmithing up from 3 to 4 before the quest broke, but in the meantime, I tried to bring Weaponsmithing as well up from 3 to 4, and could not.
  • d0p3fish#5930 d0p3fish Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    This kind of terrible support is why I will never again spend a penny on this game.
  • zergyzerg#9353 zergyzerg Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    HELP! I have alchemy, artificing, leatherworking, and mailsmithing up to 5 ... then when I tried to bring up tailoring to 4, the quest with Sofia Chiaroscuro won't work... I have all the items required, but its not being tagged as complete :-( and for the love of all that's holy they were not cheap.. what happened, why is it not working for tailoring ???

Any comments from the Devs???
    micky1p00 said:

Try moving the items to the shared bank and back.
    It has sometimes issue registering that the item is in inventory for the quest triggers, moving and moving back into inventory triggers it.

Unless it's something specific broken last patch, then that wont work.

I did this... and even tried emailing it to myself.. then to another character and back.. no luck :-(
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I did not encounter this problem until now, as I already had Masterwork IV in my main professions before the quests got broken, but I was going to add Tailoring IV, and guess what:

Ad you can see, I have the Manticore Assault Robes in my inventory, but do not get credit for them. Moving them to the bank and back does nothing.

This seems to have broken 3 weeks ago, and my guess is that this is related to the following "fix":

Masterwork Profession Quests

The restriction on certain masterwork professions quests that prevented accepting more than one quest at a time has been removed.
    Certain masterwork quests which take finished equipment will no longer accept equipment slotted with gems. If you wish to turn in the item that has been slotted, please unslot the gems before attempting to turn in the quest.

Can we please get some attention to this and a fix - this is pretty much a showstopper for anyone who wants to progress in Masterwork, and did not have MW IV before the 4th of April.

Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • daxrazorii#9900 daxrazorii Member Posts: 4 New User
    edited April 2018
    I have a simple question. Who thought that making the Commissioned items quest a character unlock for all mastercraft professions? Example: Just doing Alchemy Mastercraft for personal use (potions) I can do 1 commissioned item at a time = 50,000 credits. Mastercrafter with all professions able to create 9 commissioned items at a time = 50,000 credits. So 1 Profession costs the same as all professions during this step, would it not be smarter to have done say 10,000 credits per profession? Then someone like me who has one profession does not pay a premium over a mastercrafter with 9x the resources and ability to create said credits?
    Post edited by daxrazorii#9900 on
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited April 2018

I have a simple question. Who thought that making the Commissioned items quest a character unlock for all mastercraft professions? Example: Just doing Alchemy Mastercraft for personal use (potions) I can do 1 commissioned item at a time = 50,000 credits. Mastercrafter with all professions able to create 9 commissioned items at a time = 50,000 credits. So 1 Profession costs the same as all professions during this step, would it not be smarter to have done say 10,000 credits per profession? Then someone like me who has one profession does not pay a premium over a mastercrafter with 9x the resources and ability to create said credits?

You don't have 9 forgehammers, I only did one at a time even though I had multiple professions
    Missed the point. 1 Profession =50,000 Credits while 8 Professions =50,000 credits. to your point, such as it is, the percentage completion is completely doable with Epic tools the real restriction is an epic mastercraft tool.
  • isiroman#0672 isiroman Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    So today, 20 days since we first get the message that the problem has been reported? Do they even care? It is annoying! It was not an easy task to craft the items for my professions and baaaammm they have to sit in my inventory because nothing is being done to debug the quests!!!

Missed the point. 1 Profession =50,000 Credits while 8 Professions =50,000 credits. to your point, such as it is, the percentage completion is completely doable with Epic tools the real restriction is an epic mastercraft tool.

No you missed the point, it's cheap enough to rush the tasks (cost me much less than 500K ADs) that there is no advantage to having multiple professions other than having a choice of tasks available which may mean you can use a spread of ingredients, you just do them one at a time with the forgehammer. I did the whole 50K on jewelcrafting as it happened.

I am not lamenting the process. I am saying having to do 50K for 1 profession versus 50K for 8 is inherently unfair. Why are you having an issue with the process and not the actual point?
  • friartukfriartuk Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 26 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

So today, 20 days since we first get the message that the problem has been reported? Do they even care? It is annoying! It was not an easy task to craft the items for my professions and baaaammm they have to sit in my inventory because nothing is being done to debug the quests!!!

The problem isn't that nothing is being done. They are working on it. I think they were having some problems pinpointing the exact issue with it it. They can't wave a magic wand or flip a switch to fix it.
    It's a "regression" and posted above is the patch it was likely to have occurred in, please make sure the developers are made aware of this; although of course they should know it was working at one time. "think they were having ..." is not too re-assuring, please chase them. I am a retired developer and frankly bugs like this one that can be re-created simply (i.e. not intermittent) and furthermore were working in an earlier version of the software should be the easiest to pinpoint.

This an expensive part of the game and IMO should be getting a high priority. Also IMO, these 2 guild mark events should be delayed/extended until this bug is fixed. People have spent months grinding for this event so they are able to complete MW 4 and beyond.

• drakostar83drakostar83 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 18 Arc User
    The problem is that it worked before the 4th of April. They change the quest design to end the mw4 quest with items which are wearn before. It is impossible to cancel the change you made and try to change quest later after testing on preview?
  • archangelzorak01archangelzorak01 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 324 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

The problem isn't that nothing is being done. They are working on it. I think they were having some problems pinpointing the exact issue with it it. They can't wave a magic wand or flip a switch to fix it.
    We don't mind that it's taking longer as expected, or that they are having trouble tracking down the problem... ok well kinda, but not NEARLY as much as we mind the lack of communication or updates. We would all feel significantly better about the situation if one of the developers working on the problem took 10 minutes a week to drop by the forums and say, "I've been working on this all this week and tried 'x' and 'y' and have narrowed the problem down to either 'p' or 'q' and will let you know if I have any luck with a solid fix"

9 times out of 10 when the players get flustered about a problem not being fixed in this game it's because we get no recognition or communication. Its been mentioned dozens and dozens of times and there has no significant change in the amount of clear, transparent communication. Is that really too much to ask?
    Neverwinter Module 6: The only MMO expansion in the history of MMO's to remove more content than it added.

kreatyve said:

I said "I think they were having..." as I am not a dev and do not have complete information on the exact reason for the delay. It was a general assumption based on past experiences. I will try to get more information on Monday or Tuesday.

That would be appreciated. From my perspective, this is the most serious bug currently in the game, as it is basically a showstopper for anyone trying to advance in Masterwork.

On Discord last Thursday, Terramak said "Could you refresh me on the deets of the non-working masterwork quest? I remember hearing one about: "There is an Alchemy masterwork quest that requires you to get tons of materials, but when buying the materials from the auction house it does not add to your progress."

Now, what he was referring to there was the bug that was fixed on April 4th (see patch notes), but I suspect the fix introduced a new bug, where the Masterwork IV quests no longer recognize the items you have to make (see screenshots and reports above)
    edited April 2018

So 1 Profession costs the same as all professions during this step, would it not be smarter to have done say 10,000 credits per profession? Then someone like me who has one profession does not pay a premium over a mastercrafter with 9x the resources and ability to create said credits?

You pretty much got it backwards. It would be much more expensive to make the commissioned items for all professions in parallel. The reason being obviously that you only have one Mythic Forgehammer per character, so if you attempt to do multiple commissioned items at the same time you have a much higher risk of failure, so the total cost goes up....way up.

You can, of course, alternate between the various professions when making the items, but that makes no sense.

Look at the commissioned items you can make - work out the cost/credits ratio for each one, and make enough of whatever is cheapest. When I did the math for the three professions I had at MW IV (Alchemy, Jewelcrafting and Artificing), it turned out that the most sensible thing to do (ith only those 3 professions) was to make spyglasses - total cost to get to MW V, less than two million AD. If you only have MW IV in professions where the commissioned items are relatively much more expensive, well...it sucks.

Do your research before you start.
  • spidey#3367 spidey Member Posts: 400 Arc User
    This thread is very interesting and shows how devs are communicating. GG
  • stark760stark760 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 654 Arc User
    I got Jewelcrafting to lvl 3 finally, got the amulets, won't show in inventory. So can't progress. I got the other 7 professions to completion on lvl 2 masterwork, so there were no other quests for masterwork open. I abandoned jewelcrafting, still nothing when I reaccept the quest. I made a new amulet, still nothing. Now have accepted the other quests in the Port, and after making some alchemy potions, they won't show either. So none can be progressed? What's the point of getting your alliance to get the 5 temp vendors and try to progress during x2 professions?

I am not lamenting the process. I am saying having to do 50K for 1 profession versus 50K for 8 is inherently unfair. Why are you having an issue with the process and not the actual point?

Because the process is totally fine. It is clearly intended that you DON'T simply up ONE profession. The interdependency of ingredients made by one profession and used by another screams that.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    A fix is on the way for this soon!
  • meerchaummeerchaum Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I also have the same problem with Artificing quite frustrating considering as was stated before the competition is making bank and by the time it's fixed the value on the AH will have fallen and I may never recoup my investment in time and money and when I submitted a ticket it was answered with go check out the wikia which of course has noting about MW 4 and 5 but they even told me to check out info on alchemy lol didn't really read the ticket lol.
    > @minotaur2857 said:

> Because the process is totally fine. It is clearly intended that you DON'T simply up ONE profession. The interdependency of ingredients made by one profession and used by another screams that.

So your answer is it is fair because you should be doing all professions or none? I say that is not right and that each profession should have a separate set of credits to earn to advance.
  • ricochet#7004 ricochet Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    mailing items to your self should fix that .try it

mailing items to your self should fix that .try it

nope.
  • ertaimertaim Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have all the broken masterwork missions, I do not take into account the objects that the mission masterwork 4 asks of me. Please say when the solution is planned.