test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lair of Lostmauth - Cutscene Bug

hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
Ever since the recent change to allow certain cutscenes to be skipped in dungeons, eLol has issues with the final cutscene with the dragon. If you hit ESC, you arent taken to the battle, instead you are back at the start area where you were, and have to queue it up again. Sometimes you have to queue again several times before it will work - sometimes you have to back out of the start area to reset it.

Request:
Either make the final cutscene non-skippable or actually make it work correctly.

Comments

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer

Ever since the recent change to allow certain cutscenes to be skipped in dungeons, eLol has issues with the final cutscene with the dragon. If you hit ESC, you arent taken to the battle, instead you are back at the start area where you were, and have to queue it up again. Sometimes you have to queue again several times before it will work - sometimes you have to back out of the start area to reset it.

Request:
    Either make the final cutscene non-skippable or actually make it work correctly.

Hi @hercules125 ! How frequently is this occurring for you? Has it happened again since you first reported it?
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    It has happened to me every time I've run Lostmauth since the change. 3 occasions that I can think of.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • cerberusxllcerberusxll Member Posts: 387 Arc User
    I know what he's talking about with this bug. it always happens to me.

I always end up having to queue again, without exception.
    Cerberus | Scylla | Orion | Makelo | Nemesis | Ares | Artemis | Asclepius | Nyx | Hades | Dexithea | Dolos | Demonax | Athena | Enyo | Medusa | Talos | Alcyone
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    > @kreatyve said:
    > It has happened to me every time I've run Lostmauth since the change. 3 occasions that I can think of.
    >
    > Can you get a video of it?

I wouldn't even know how.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • hercules125hercules125 Member Posts: 427 Arc User
    I havent encountered it since the last time, since I purposefully chose not to hit the ESC button anymore. I allow the video to run through its entirety. However, I think it happens if anyone in the party chooses to hit ESC.
  • lordtweety#3604 lordtweety Member Posts: 275 Arc User
    It's happened 100% of the 4 times I've run it in the last few days. Hit esc during the cutscene and then you have to re-q it. And sometimes again. But once it does queue properly it takes you directly to Lostmauth.
    Main: Angels Scar
    Guild: Ruathym Corsairs
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    It happens 100% of the time in LoL.

If I had to speculate, what happened is that they made the cutscene skippable but did not modify some trigger on teleporting players into the boss map.

It’s almost as if, after the first time you trigger the pink circle and countdown, the instance is starting a timer with a length of the original cutscene and only teleporting players into the instance after that time has elapsed. You can re-trigger the pink circle repeatedly with no effect during this waiting time. Then suddenly you get teleported in and the battle starts. In my experience, being teleported in doesn’t even coincide with a repeated pink circle countdown, it just happens some amount of time after the first time we trigger the pink circle.

@kreatyve and @nitocris83 it happens every time, so devs should have no issue reproducing... let us know if they are having trouble.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I think its cause by the fact that not everyone is skipping the cutscene. If you hit escape it brings you back to looking at your character with the group, but meanwhile everyone else is still watching the cutscene.

Once the scene is over it puts you down in the arena. Last few times I was in there, I hit escape and then started saying the lines of the cutscene, I didn't click to start the fight again, as soon as I was done the fight started.

Its the same thing that happens in demo, you have people watching the cutscene while others are standing around who skipped it. Once the cutscene is done the fight begins.
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi everyone! We've tried reproducing this in various ways and, when I last spoke to the team, they hadn't had any luck with the repro. I'll circle back with them for any updates but I also know they are keeping tabs on this thread for all the new reports that come in.

Thanks!
  • danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User

Hi everyone! We've tried reproducing this in various ways and, when I last spoke to the team, they hadn't had any luck with the repro. I'll circle back with them for any updates but I also know they are keeping tabs on this thread for all the new reports that come in.

Thanks!

Reading this is like my kid telling me they can't find their shoes. Did you even try?
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    I'm kind of ashamed to admit that I'm not all that savvy with how to capture a video. I might give it a go this weekend.

One other thought I had, might not be relevant... I never queue for LoL directly anymore, it's always as a result of Random Queues (either solo, duo, or pre-made Random Epic Dungeon). I kind of doubt that matters, but maybe...