test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Chultan tiger moves like a snail...

ibemin0xibemin0x Member Posts: 60 Arc User
edited April 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Devs... PLZ INCREASE THE RUN SPEED OF THE CHULTAN TIGER!!!

im usually burning my foes before the animal procs bondings. Am i the only one that thinks this way???

archon speed or con/sellsword at least

thoughts on this plz.

Moderator edited title due to near profanity.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    It's useless as a summoned companion because it is so slow
    Post edited by misquamacus2 on

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,183 Arc User

It's useless as an active companion because it is so slow

Do you mean "summoned" companion?
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • misquamacus2misquamacus2 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 193 Arc User

It's useless as an active companion because it is so slow

Do you mean "summoned" companion?
    Yes, Cryptic and I have different definitions about active :D

• cambo1682cambo1682 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 164 Arc User
    I am inclined to agree with the OP, it moves like a freaking snail.
  • it's funny in a previous patch (can't exactly remember which one it was) they made certain flying companions faster.. so they actually follow.. :P so why not with the tiger ?
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey everyone! The team took a look at what powers the Tiger and its motor doesn't deviate from the norm. In other words, we're not seeing anything unusual in regards to its speed. Does anyone have a video of this we can take a look at?
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,458 Arc User
    Hopefully, someday we'll see some improvements to companion AI in general, such as moving out of red areas.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    Please take away the companion tendency to commit suicide also. They tend to want to jump off cliff/pit. I have experienced it with my tiger and my con-artist.
  • adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    What I have noticed lately is that any companion (not just the Tiger) can get "stuck" on a debris covered spot on the tileset and become unresponsive... or just runs on the spot. I usually just dismiss/resummon to fix things. Now as for companion running speed, I have tried equipping my companions with gear that provides Movement... such as the Hunter rings. I have no idea if this would work since Movement is not listed in the companion stats (although it should be listed) but if this does work... go for it.

If this is more an issue of out-running one's companion, may I suggest having a Quickling as your summoned companion?

Personally, I love them. They are fast.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Well, if you are unsatisfied with tiger getting everywhere too late, change your companion to good old Will-O-Wisp. That irritated wasp tends to attack enemies that you even had no idea they existed.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User

Hey everyone! The team took a look at what powers the Tiger and its motor doesn't deviate from the norm. In other words, we're not seeing anything unusual in regards to its speed. Does anyone have a video of this we can take a look at?

I think they are concerned that the tiger doesn't travel with you when mounted as fast as other companions like the compy does. So when you arrive at the mob and start attacking it, the tiger shows up late and doesn't get in a hit before the mobs die and you're off again. I think this is tragically funny that i ride a white tiger and my tiger companion can't keep up at 110 speed.
  • shockerizershockerizer Member Posts: 78 Arc User
    Also, the Tiger seems to be made of glass. He dies all the time. My Delusion is way tougher.
  • vorphiedvorphied Member Posts: 1,870 Arc User
    The tiger’s movement speed while engaged in combat seems normal to me, but it seems very slow to catch up to the player, especially after dismounting, and is often slow to engage enemies once combat begins.
    Sacrilege - Warlock
    Contagion - Cleric
    Testament - Wizard
    Pestilence - Ranger
    Dominion - Paladin

NIGHTSWATCH

• strathkinstrathkin Member Posts: 1,798 Arc User
    edited April 2018

Also, the Tiger seems to be made of glass. He dies all the time. My Delusion is way tougher.

Yea the Tiger does seem made of glass.

I've commented about it on forums once or twice. So I did add one +4 all defensive companion gear from IG and putting two Dark enchantments to boost his lifesteal to over >1500 hasn't help too much. Be nice if they gave him a tiny bit of defense, even if just 250 defense in addition to his normal buffs, a large tiger even with all offense slots shouldn't be weak. Still I may have to change one of the Lifesteal (Dark) Enchantments, to an Azure for Defense to boost a bit more...

He seems very slow to attack or perhaps it's caused by Chultan Snake people who charm or cause fear. Still one would think a Chultan Tiger would perhaps be at little less immune to it or fight a tiny bit faster.

Now contrast to when my Paladin used to use a Epic Wayward Wizard - that companion was like a Rock who almost never died - not to mention would kill things faster, even with lower enchantments in him. So the only thing I figure is the tiger attacks slower and runs further off? Tiger is a melee companion so is going to often take heavier hits. My Wayward Wizard however never had any Lifesteal and was a rock, given my Paladin's threat he generated they likely focused on him.

Still I don't think anybody answered Nitocris about the slower speed, which I can also confirm I haven't seen on my tiger? I think only one or two people implied or stated sometimes the Tiger does get stuck in terrain. Now it is quite a large companion... but Chult & Omu have many branches or terrain, even I can't run over without stopping or having to jump. But being a Chultan Tiger however he should jump more often, and know how to avoid all the Chultan pitfalls. o:)

@nitocris83
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User
    odnnauq said:

Please take away the companion tendency to commit suicide also. They tend to want to jump off cliff/pit. I have experienced it with my tiger and my con-artist.

Maybe if you treated them better...
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    > @wintersmoke said:
    > Please take away the companion tendency to commit suicide also. They tend to want to jump off cliff/pit. I have experienced it with my tiger and my con-artist.
    >
    > Maybe if you treated them better...

I see so many players not even pick up their companion after fighting a trash mob, yet they wonder why their tigers aren't interested in helping them. :D
    im actually the gwf carry
    Hehe, yeah, my Tiger is Legendary as well and he sometimes just jumps off into the water or bridge or whatever pretty regularly.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User

Did the team notice if the tiger does or does not use its Area Attack (Rending Swipe)?

Since i was told that the tiger only uses its single target attack i decided to not buy it until this gets fixed.
    edited May 2018

strathkin said:

Yea the Tiger does seem made of glass. I've commented about it on forums once or twice. So I did add one +4 all defensive companion gear from IG and putting two Dark enchantments to boost his lifesteal to over >1500 hasn't help too much. Be nice if they gave him a tiny bit more defense especially as a large tiger it isn't like he should be a weak companion.

So I'm surprised how often he dies and I even made him Legendary! Now contrast to when my Paladin used to use a Epic Wayward Wizard - that companion was like a Rock who almost never died - not to mention would kill things far faster even with slightly lower enchantments in him. Now I'm not sure if it's because the Pally takes most of his threat and he tends to stay closer to the Pally - as the Tiger will often wander off on his own.

Still I certainly don't think the Tiger should always die nearly as often as I've seen and noticed. Still I don't think anybody answered Nitocris about the slower speed which I can also confirm I haven't seen either? I think only one person said sometimes their Tiger does get stuck in terrain as it is quite a large companion... Chult & Omu both have some branches even I can't run over without stopping.

@nitocris83
    I now own this companion and I do agree it dies A LOT. and it commits suicide a lot. I haven't noticed it showing up late any more than my last companion though. it might die a lot because it's a melee companion? I've had the air and fire archon for hte last couple years. they don't die so much but they're more ranged?
    Yea the one previous example I used comparing the Tiger to the Wayward Wizard. The Wizard stayed closer to my Pally but also fought from ranged distance and was like a Rock. Still My Pally should take most of the threat for both of them with his 40' Aura's... but I do realize that only goes so far to helping a Melee companion who can run further off.

I did suggest everyone needs to give the tiger a +4 Defense Companion Gear from IG at minimum; which I have in my Tiger cause he was dropping far too fast with all Offensive Gear. I have said above I tried 2 Dark R10-R11 enchantments but it hasn't helped like I hoped.

Still I may need to change the Dark Enchantments (Lifesteal) to 1 or 2 Azure (Defense) for the all Defiant +4 Neck Companion gear and see how that goes...

But perhaps this is what the original thread meant to IMPLY by Tiger being slow - slower to attack? Cause his run speed seems mostly fine.
    Post edited by strathkin on
  • werdandi#8366 werdandi Member Posts: 335 Arc User
    I think the tiger has the same speed as the dancing shield: a bit long to engage but still acceptable.

The main problem is his ability to fall and suicide....
    edited May 2018
    Yea and I admit... being Melee I was just a little surprised he took longer to engage than expected. As he sometimes dies approaching a new enemy, still when he closer to me I should take all the threat, as I noted before my Wayward Wizard would rarely die - despite being a ranged attacker who stayed a bit closer to me.

Still even tough the Tiger runs off I'm hoping he will die a little less over the next week or two as I changed one R10 Dark for a R10 Azure. But overall I can't say I'm unhappy with the tiger by any means. :)

Just trying my best to adapt the Tiger's build a little so he's not dying quite so often.... :*
    Looking forward to your analysis on it. I do find that my Tiger dies a lot on trash, but on bosses, he manages better. Probably due to the tank holding aggro.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited May 2018
    The best thing is to (pre-emptively) use Liira's Bell when engaging a boss or any tough mob. The Bell gives a 10-second immunity frame during which the Tiger can proc Bondings, so it is better when used before the pet gets swatted down by Orcus/The Gorillaz/yesterday's newspaper.

Anyway, sure the Tiger is slow, but it is cute and have you ever tried to hurry a feline? They will literally mew until you open a door for them, stand on a doorstep weighing their options and likely walk back in if they feel like it. The tiger might be a big cat, but if big cats are at all like smaller cats, it is perfectly in character.