test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Feedback Needed: Top Issues Currently in Neverwinter PC

Comments

• athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    How about a chance of spawning a hunt mark when the regular mobs are killed? Make it 10% just like now. For instance, in S river you go killing crabs and then all of a sudden the bigclaw duo pops in and you can attack it. If done like this then you can make its death linked to you since it was your efforts that spawned it. However, i would suggest that the 10% or less drop rate that is current be upped to 30% or better. 10% spawn and a 10% drop from them is really bad odds. I killed 10 batiri brave groups in a row and no drop. Those guys are tough for me CW and i'd like a greater chance at the hunt drop.
  • nightmayne#6667 nightmayne Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    chidion said:

Now just to be clear if one is to be removed and not the other remove the notices from the chat window - not the HUD - as the HUD display can be moved to a less obtrusive position and the Admin: lockbox notices in the chat window cannot.

Yes, the notifications in the HUD can be distracting to say the least - especially if you're in a dungeon. I would really just like to be able to turn those notifications on and off in chat. I mean, you can create a chat window specific for alliance chat, so when you're in a town, you don't have to be bombarded by all the LFG and LTT requests. Why can't I turn those off too without having to worry about missing an emergency server shutdown message?
    "Opps, something broke and we gotta fix it ASAP" I wanna know about. "Lookit! needyspeedy@megozoom#123 got a new toy!" I don't need to see all the time
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 439 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    The Admin messages in the HUD about lockboxes are as you say: "distracting to say the least" but at least those messages can be moved to an area of the HUD that may be less distracting, mind for instance is the top right of the HUD screen and about the only thing it obscures when they pop up is the mini-map... that I can live with.

But often if I'm doing something and really want to reduce the distraction but not miss anything important (like party chat, guild/alliance general or officer chat, Say's or Tell's) I try to turn off all the superfluous channels like trade, zone. looking for group, etc..

That way if anything appears in my chat window I thought I could be reasonably assured it would be something important…

But unfortunately since there is no way to turn off the Admin lockbox messages, I still often become distracted (and sometimes nearly killed) because of the darn Admin notices telling me who got what from a lockbox.

I understand Neverwinter wants to try to entice people to spend money, purchase keys and open lockboxes for themselves, but the duplicative notices in the chat window and the HUD is aggravating overkill and those messages should be evicted from the Chat dialogue with prejudice in my opinion as sometimes the frequency with which they happen can and does, occasionally seriously interfere with regular game play.
    Post edited by chidion on
  • mattemen36mattemen36 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    Why copying/paste isn't great for coding....She is triggered!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    lol thats just a typo. easy to do easy to fix. much of coding is copying.
    The real problem with copying is that occasionally you introduce new variables in coding that the original wasn't designed for, then you get bugs and such. Thats why fixing bugs and coming up with new contents take so long, even with a large number of programmers company like cryptic may have.
    So copying text isn't the issue.
    Speaking of lockboxes...... could we maybe either reduce their drop rates or make it either easier to purchase keys for them or to make keys for them? As it stands now, lockboxes drop almost as frequently as healing potions, but because you can only purchase a key to unlock them from the Zen store at 125 or so Zen, most people flood the AH with them. Current going rate is about 1AD per box. Basically the player base is so flooded with them, most people can't get rid of them.If the keys were cheaper, or "craftable" (like Thayan lair keys), or show up in sets of 5 like the epic dungeon keys for VIPS, maybe people would appreciate these lockboxes more instead of flooding the AH with them or trashing them.
    I'm just spitballing ideas here because these lockboxes are starting to be like tribbles in my inventory slots.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

Speaking of lockboxes...... could we maybe either reduce their drop rates or make it either easier to purchase keys for them or to make keys for them? As it stands now, lockboxes drop almost as frequently as healing potions, but because you can only purchase a key to unlock them from the Zen store at 125 or so Zen, most people flood the AH with them. Current going rate is about 1AD per box. Basically the player base is so flooded with them, most people can't get rid of them.If the keys were cheaper, or "craftable" (like Thayan lair keys), or show up in sets of 5 like the epic dungeon keys for VIPS, maybe people would appreciate these lockboxes more instead of flooding the AH with them or trashing them.
    I'm just spitballing ideas here because these lockboxes are starting to be like tribbles in my inventory slots.

Yeah, I have an alt with 2 bags full of lockboxes. The drop rate isn't going to change though, the whole point of them is to tempt players into spending money on keys. By pushing them on players so frequently, it acts as a mini-advertisement for keys. I'm just glad they don't flash up a big sign in the middle your screen saying "You got a nice, shiny Lockbox with nice, shiny goodies inside if you spend some money, buddy!!" like they do to the whole server when someone gets a big prize out of a lockbox.

Just dump them if you don't intend on opening any. I keep one slot for the current lockbox on each of my characters, then consolidate them on one char when the next box comes out.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Please fix House of the crocodile. I have 3 characters in chult, and at least the last 6-8 weeks at least one of them has had to redo HoC because in the second chamber, one of the mobs has spawned stuck in a solid object and nothing will coax them out. Can be first or second group in there but more often first. A slash command which is the monster equivalent of /stuck and pops them out of scenery would otherwise be good.

Basically what you see is that you're in the second chamber, in combat but there's nothing to fight and the 0/2 hasn't incremented, if you leave and return, you exit combat, then are back in combat almost as soon as you return to the room.
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User

Please fix House of the crocodile. I have 3 characters in chult, and at least the last 6-8 weeks at least one of them has had to redo HoC because in the second chamber, one of the mobs has spawned stuck in a solid object and nothing will coax them out. Can be first or second group in there but more often first. A slash command which is the monster equivalent of /stuck and pops them out of scenery would otherwise be good.

Basically what you see is that you're in the second chamber, in combat but there's nothing to fight and the 0/2 hasn't incremented, if you leave and return, you exit combat, then are back in combat almost as soon as you return to the room.

It seems like I can eventually get them to pop out by finding out which side they're on and standing a little bit away from that wall door. It's pretty random though and can take a while, but since I started doing that I've never had to restart the lair.

My own gripe though is that the boss having 58 quadrillion HPs is REALLY lame. It doesn't make the boss hard, it just makes it BORING, especially so on a support character.

Here is an idea: use your epic dungeon keys on lockboxes and get green and blue level items, craft from professions (masterwork???) and get green, blue and purple level items from the lockboxes. Use zen bought key to chance at getting orange level rewards. This method will do several things: 1 give an outlet for epic dungeon keys that we accumulate, 2 give a profession a new interesting edge, and 3 give a means of profit from those generally unprofitable items.

comments?

mob stuck in object? sounds like the apes in OMU too. spawn points need serious reviewing.
    edited April 2018
    Lockboxes do tend to drop frequently but somehow I have a feeling that is by design to try to encourage players to buy keys or VIP so they can open them so I kind of doubt anyone saying the drop rate needs to be decreased will get a lot of satisfaction from their request. Likewise for the cheaper keys request.

The problem of what to do with those frequently dropped lockboxes is one a lot of players have. I'm guessing Cryptic is hoping everyone buys keys to open all of those lockboxes, but realistically I don't see that happening much more than it already is...

Why would anyone keep stacks of lockboxes, particularly several stacks of the same kinds of lockboxes, if they have no intention of trying to auction them off or eventually open them? My suggestion would be to sell them for a few coppers to a merchant or just toss them instead of having them take up space in a player's inventory or bank - I'm pretty sure a player can always get more if they want to.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

Here is an idea: use your epic dungeon keys on lockboxes and get green and blue level items, craft from professions (masterwork???) and get green, blue and purple level items from the lockboxes. Use zen bought key to chance at getting orange level rewards. This method will do several things: 1 give an outlet for epic dungeon keys that we accumulate, 2 give a profession a new interesting edge, and 3 give a means of profit from those generally unprofitable items.

comments?

No one would ever buy a single damn key because the drop rate of the leg packs is so low it's stupid. I've opened multiple thousands of lockboxes and haven't gotten a single legendary. I only recently got my 1st epic so yeah.
    edited April 2018

comments?

I wouldn't mind that actually. Considering you only get 1 lockbox key per account, but 3 epic dungeon keys per a character (I've got 7 currently), I've got enough epic keys I wouldn't mind using for lockboxes instead.
    chidion said:

Lockboxes do tend to drop frequently but somehow I have a feeling that is by design to try to encourage players to buy keys or VIP so they can open them so I kind of doubt anyone saying the drop rate needs to be decreased will get a lot of satisfaction from their request. Likewise for the cheaper keys request.

The problem of what to do with those frequently dropped lockboxes is one a lot of players have. I'm guessing Cryptic is hoping everyone buys keys to open all of those lockboxes, but realistically I don't see that happening much more than it already is...

Why would anyone keep stacks of lockboxes, particularly several stacks of the same kinds of lockboxes, if they have no intention of trying to auction them off or eventually open them? My suggestion would be to sell them for a few coppers to a merchant or just toss them instead of having them take up space in a player's inventory or bank - I'm pretty sure a player can always get more if they want to.

If the frequency of their dropping wasn't so high, more people might interested in buying keys. But when you can pick up more lockboxes running one zone than you do gems and scrap combined, they kinda loose their appeal.

And considering the price of those keys on the Zen store vs the exchange AD exchange rate (I think it was 55k AD per 100 Zen this morning), that basically means 1 key costs almost 70,000 AD! And for that, there's not even a guarantee of getting something of that value in the lockbox.

Hhmmm.... Thanks chidion, you just helped me realize the error of my ways..... I've got 2k lockboxes wasting space in my bank I gotta get rid of! lol
    I think people who are inclined to open lockboxes will buy keys and open lockboxes and those who aren't so inclined won't and I personally don't think the drop rate of those lockboxes has much of a factor on who will and who won't be buying keys - but as I said that's just what I think.

My primary problem with keys (not necessarily related to lockboxes so pardon the tangent here) is the epic keys one gets for using VIP. First of all a players with under 60/70 characters, they get daily epic keys - even though to those players at their current level those keys are absolutely worthless.

Even after a player gets their character to level 60 or 70, they still may not qualify for epic dungeon content so still those epic keys remain virtually (pardon the pun) worthless.

And just based on my speculative assessment, by the time a player is finally able to get their character into epic content, that character is probably going to have several dozen if not hundreds of epic keys on top of earning more of those same keys for every day they have VIP...

To me the real issue isn't so much the lockboxes as much as it is the keys, the lack of ability and associated cost to acquire them and the ones some players acquire, but are sometimes likely to never use. I've been working on several characters for years (without trying to buy my way to a higher item level) and I still haven't got many of my characters to where they can traverse - and survive epic dungeon content.
    i once posted an option on using the epic keys. on normal dungeons using a normal dungeon key would grant a blue gear item. What if using a epic key would grant a much better reward? Say some good gems, gear, marks, etc... The point is, if you got VIP you get epic keys they need to be worth something.
  • deanski07deanski07 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    MW professions,you need to fix the RNG for it,I have just failed 5 times in a row,at the final stage for "commissioned silverware" where i have a 75% success rate...how is it possible at 75% success rate to fail 5 times IN A ROW!! and always at the most expensive stage?? You guys are KILLING ME!!
    edited April 2018

i once posted an option on using the epic keys. on normal dungeons using a normal dungeon key would grant a blue gear item. What if using a epic key would grant a much better reward? Say some good gems, gear, marks, etc... The point is, if you got VIP you get epic keys they need to be worth something.

IMO it isn't really necessary to get a "much better reward" using for an epic dungeon key in place of a daily dungeon key, but I whole heartedly agree, being able to use those epic dungeon keys for something other than a chest in epic dungeons would be an excellent idea. I'd even be satisfied with a slightly better, or even the same kind of reward from daily dungeons. A character being able to run a random daily dungeon and open the chest twice, instead of once simply for having VIP, that sounds like very good idea to me.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    mod 2-mod 5 were done right with less RNG factors, then Mod 6 became most disliked and still using all the way to Mod 11 with bad RNG and bigger junk loads.
    let go back to basic, if you not able to get the drop loot you want, you can always use those seals to complete it, no one likes RNG that often keep repeating same trash when you loot and wrong gears drop for specific class we played since some are bound to character on drops. we hated it. Period!

it was meant as enjoyable game, let break those "loot grinding", grindings is for level ups, not for loots!

forced RNG grinding equal as burn-out players.

what we want, a healthy sense of flow playstyle and make the goals reachable within reasonable timeframe. i have heard folks saying they did run 200 times and not seeing themselves looting Horn of lostmounth and seeing others get the loot, that really frustrating.

throw away that rotten hanging carrot on the stick, those guys get so hungry and giving up reaching for it since it became nasty decaying inedible.
    grinding doesnt make anyone motivated and they get sick of it and can become hostile to the point as being abused.
    make players happy and they always come back for more. it is easier to make money as long as players are enjoying for long time, please dont make all those swinging left and right, it drive players on both sides away.

anyway, Chult seem a little tough and the Lost City of Omu seem lot easier to handle and survivable than Chult contents. Lost City is on right track and nearly perfect than Chult which is still deadly and bit too dense as mobs respawn so fast.
    i hate to see that all those loots on the ground that i cant loot any as long i am hanging for dear life, i have seen about 2 dozens loots decaying on the spot and cant tell which one was from the "boss" due to bugged pilgrim weapon effect and make companion attacking surrounding mobs like rabid raccoon.
    deanski07 said:

MW professions,you need to fix the RNG for it,I have just failed 5 times in a row,at the final stage for "commissioned silverware" where i have a 75% success rate...how is it possible at 75% success rate to fail 5 times IN A ROW!! and always at the most expensive stage?? You guys are KILLING ME!!

Chances are low for that to happen, but that doesn't make it impossible. It's entirely possible to have a 99.999999% chance to succeed but always fail.
  • auralieauralie Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    One main fix for all gamers of neverwinter is the lack of greater mark of potency enchantments, ! where are we supposed to get them from, 2 the ones being sold in the auctions are really overpriced and a lot of gamers cannot afford them, and lastly how do you expect us to upgrade and go into the new parts of neverwinter without upgrades. One solution would be to sell them in the shop at least everyone would have a shot at upgrading and you would make money.
  • rikitakirikitaki Member Posts: 926 Arc User
    Every kind of mark of potency is available for purchase at Wondrous Bazaar - though you will find that prices at AH might be more favourable. (base price for GMOP is 25k AD at the shop)

btw: You have some small chance to find GMOP(or SMOP) at the end of Dread Ring daily dungeon (with the best gauntlet) and even much smaller chance at opening enchanted Coffers from leadership profession.
  • earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    These Earthtreader boots are causing the companion to disappear mid fights and then prevent you occasionally from being able to leave combat mode.. the blessed ground keeps appearing after the fight which seems to be cause of that... what caused the pet behaviour I am not sure, but it's a bit of a nuisance especially for bonding pets.. quirky buggy things but I sort of like them.. I hope they will get a bit of fine-tune soon
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    edited April 2018

deanski07 said:

Chances are low for that to happen, but that doesn't make it impossible. It's entirely possible to have a 99.999999% chance to succeed but always fail.
    indeed chances are low 1/4^4 for 4 successive fails which is only 1/256

The sort of stats you need to do are longer term: I'm 110/162 on MC4/5 stuff

This is a binomial distribution with number of attempts (n) = 162, probability of success (p) 0.75

Mean is np = 162x0.75 = 121.5
    Variance is np(1-p) = 162x0.75x0.25 = 30.375
    Standard deviation = sqrt(variance) = 5.51

Now as n>40 you can use the normal approximation to the binomial distribution. One of the useful properties of this is that 95% of results lie within 2 standard deviations of the mean, ie between 110.48 and 132.7

As you can see my result lies JUST outside that. This is worrying as for a very long period, my results for upgrading enchantments consistently lay outside the confidence limit, but from mod 12 on it had been much closer to what it should be.

Edit: then this evening I tried to upgrade 3 alleged 20% chances, these took 37, 1, 17 attempts, ridiculous, now you are down to one in several thousand both for the 37 for the one, and 55 for 3. I've seen more very bad sequences like this than I should see in several lifetimes.

Post edited by minotaur2857 on
    edited April 2018
    Why is there even such a high "chance" of failure for any item being upgraded when it requires a higher refinement agent to begin with?

Granted refining an item to higher levels require more effort, hence risk – but those upgrades also require more refinement points and more powerful refinement catalysts or marks of potency... shouldn’t the additional value of those (rare and epic) marks of potency offset the risk factor of those upgrades a bit?

Wouldn't the refinement and upgrade process remain fairly constant considering the marks of potency a person is required to use to perform those upgrades are themselves of a higher value and presumably more potent?

Now if a player were able to use a (green) lesser mark of potency for every upgrade attempt I can see how the risk of failure may be increased to a higher rate with each attempt, but since players are required to use increasingly powerful marks of potency to upgrade items to higher levels, I tend to think those more potent and harder to acquire marks should increase (or at least maintain) the rate of success - not for all intents and purposes, decrease the rate of success, that just makes no sense to me – use a more potent and powerful catalyst (mark or potency) and the chances for success actually drops?!?

Hey all, names josh, been playing NW for about 3 or 4 years now. Got my OP into tomb of the nine gods, did it religiously and got the primal gear, then i started playing my Scourge Warlock, which is just a bit lower item level (as if that ever mattered) and i wanted to play it as DPS but with the current state of the game thats impossible without a huge investment, i am in the SW discord and have played my SW for about 3 years, i've respecced it over 10 times, have 6 loadouts even, and i've ran every possible path combo. Damnation is great until you're fighting lvl 73 elite mobs and the damage from the puppet (assuming it lives long for over 3 seconds) is pathetic, and without it you have NOTHING but your measely heroic feats. I actually enjoy playing it and think i am decent at it, but nobody wants a Damn (lol) warlock in endgame content because the puppet does nothing for the party and besides being a low damage "dps" class without fury capstone Creeping Death you are useless. You get one feat which "heals" allies....that may have been nice 9 mods ago but we dont need healing at this point, at least not weak heals that won't proc primal response...or anything.

Temptation can't even take advantage of any of the healing boons from campaigns because i guess their heals aren't healing spells? Also they can't queue as healer so they get queued as dps but aren't. Just like Damnation they have nothing to compete with creeping death. And the low base weapon damage compared to other strikers is just a wall. An awesome warlock at 10k is gonna do less than half the damage of a halfass great weapon fighter of the same IL with similar gear.

I've paid actual $ into this game to play my Warlock as DPS, it's dissapointing i can't get what i paid for.

anyway hope you guys will take a deeper look into balancing the Scourge Warlock.

Dunno what you're on about. I mean, they're not that great as DPS, but they're nowhere near that bad as you claim it is.
    I know a SW that can pretty much match GWFs and GFs and stuff in TONG in terms of DPS. I know a few, actually, but whatever.
    GWF is crafted as pure DPS. TR GF SW CW as multi role DPS/support/tank/ etc. OP is multi role DPS/tank/heal DC is multi role buff/debuff/heal. If your gonna compare your SW DPS then don't do it to the GWF, compare it to other multirole classes of the same ilk.
This discussion has been closed.