test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Hero's Accord Rewards are Terrible

dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
Hero's Accord (hardest queue in the game) - For your first completion every day, you get 2500 RP and 20 seals of the brave.

Random Dungeon (easiest queue in the game) - First completion 9000 AD and 90 seals

At the typical conversion ratio on the auction house, 2500 RP ~ 7500 AD, 10,000 AD at best.

I know that the daily AD rewards were moved to the lower queues to be more accessible to all players, that's fine. However, it left Hero's Accord looking abysmal in comparison.

The hardest queue in the game shouldn't reward less than the easiest queue in the game. It's just plain silly.

Hero's Accord should at the least reward the 90 regular seals that other queues do in addition to the seals of the brave. Then it also either needs its own AD reward, or a much higher RP reward.

I know it'll never happen, but running that queue could even put you in a loot table with a higher Ultimate Stone drop rate. That would make it worth running for sure.

Comments

• veywiil#8685 veywiil Member Posts: 208 Arc User
    40-50 Seals of the Brave, 5,000 RP, and 10k RAD + role bonus + new player bonus + normal rewards. This seems sufficient enough to spark interest. However...

Keep in mind that the 4 support 1 meta is NOT at all supported with random queues. For Tong, sure you can make the argument that a lot of folks can run tong now, even without 2 clerics. (Viable RQ comp: OP/DO DC/MoF Cw/Templock/GWF) as an example. However with Cradle being the way it is (both buggy/laggy and ILvL only being 12k)... I just don't see this being viable.

Just my thoughts.
    I'm a theorycrafter, that means I can answer fairly deep questions with scientific theory, mathematical proof, and some guessing. Ask me stuff!
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Why would you even do Heros Accord?
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User
    For fun. People do have that from time to time.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    > @greywynd said:
    > For fun. People do have that from time to time.

I forgot you have more fun queing up for one of the hardest dungeons with a bunch of randoms who have no idea what they are doing and takes you 2 hours to finish the T9G. You are so adventurous!
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

> @greywynd said:

> For fun. People do have that from time to time.

I forgot you have more fun queing up for one of the hardest dungeons with a bunch of randoms who have no idea what they are doing and takes you 2 hours to finish the T9G. You are so adventurous!

We just happened to have a group of 5 people yesterday running T9 that fit the hero's accord limitation (pally/dc/gwf/tr/cw).

So we ran 6 hero's accords in a row all ranging from 20-25 minutes.

Whether hero's accord is doable or not is not my point. I'm trying to show the disparity between the rewards for the hardest random queue in the game and the easiest.

40-50 Seals of the Brave, 5,000 RP, and 10k RAD + role bonus + new player bonus + normal rewards. This seems sufficient enough to spark interest. However...

Keep in mind that the 4 support 1 meta is NOT at all supported with random queues. For Tong, sure you can make the argument that a lot of folks can run tong now, even without 2 clerics. (Viable RQ comp: OP/DO DC/MoF Cw/Templock/GWF) as an example. However with Cradle being the way it is (both buggy/laggy and ILvL only being 12k)... I just don't see this being viable.

Just my thoughts.

Did Cradle get added to Hero's Accord in mod13? I'm on console so Hero's Accord = T9.

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    deleted...I was wrong.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    dairyzeus said:

Did Cradle get added to Hero's Accord in mod13? I'm on console so Hero's Accord = T9.

It was / is

Just my thoughts.

More like a half, 2500RP, 20 seals, most already not new
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,083 Arc User

Well, at least now I have an idea of who is watching me through the window when I play.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • danpio1217#3410 danpio1217 Member Posts: 58 Arc User

If you were going to run TONG anyways, and have a SW or MoF instead of a 2nd cleric, why not? Free extra RP and seals.

Every time i see Epic RQ or Heroes Accord RQ compared to regular dungeon RQ it makes me chuckle. Players operate on an inncorrect supposition that rewards are intended to scale with difficulty, or that RQ should aid in the grouping for end game content. Neither is true. Whether or not they should be is a different story, but the fact is the devs have decided that is less important than RQ's true purpose, which is to make sure newbies queues pop instantly. This is why regular dungeons have the highest rewards. To ensure that category is being run the most.

Whether players like it or not is irrelevant. The decision has been made, and its not going back. RQ changes will eventually be made, but I guarantee and changes will still make sure that regular dungeon RQ is still being run the most.

If you were going to run TONG anyways, and have a SW or MoF instead of a 2nd cleric, why not? Free extra RP and seals.

Every time i see Epic RQ or Heroes Accord RQ compared to regular dungeon RQ it makes me chuckle. Players operate on an inncorrect supposition that rewards are intended to scale with difficulty, or that RQ should aid in the grouping for end game content. Neither is true. Whether or not they should be is a different story, but the fact is the devs have decided that is less important than RQ's true purpose, which is to make sure newbies queues pop instantly. This is why regular dungeons have the highest rewards. To ensure that category is being run the most.

Whether players like it or not is irrelevant. The decision has been made, and its not going back. RQ changes will eventually be made, but I guarantee and changes will still make sure that regular dungeon RQ is still being run the most.

Unfortunately, you are probably right.

What I'd like to see is rewards for individual random queues go away and instead just get a standard reward the first 2 or 3 of any random queue you run.

It kinda combines the old system with the new.

People like myself who hate mindlessly slogging through easy content can get their daily ad by queuing for hero's accord or epics.

New players or people with limited time can blaze through on the leveling dungeons or skirmishes.

Queues still pop faster because you've broken the dungeons into 4 categories, but players have better choice over what tier of content they want to run for their daily ad.
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Yup and not worth running.