test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Idea for 2 new maps and a new emote...

aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
edited April 2018 in Player Feedback (PC)
Hey Devs. I have already said I love Omu a lot and am using it as place to chill-out in, in between other content. I usually lie zzzzz'g on top of the thick wall which surrounds base camp, in the distance are two volcanoes. I really would like to see two new maps (possible quests but they could be location expanions which would be better) located underneath each of them. 'Into the Mountain' type of thing. Entrances/gates could be at the base which is where you land, then you have to enter the mountain and travel through tunnels and caverns to get to the middle. One map I see as normal red lava backgrounds early-on like Hotenow, the other I maybe see as more like the crystal caves with massive crystals and loads of steam everywhere, but in the middle also red and lava. That is my idea for two new maps anyway, those beautiful volcanoes in Omu really deserve something fantastic beneath them for us to explore!

Second idea was a new emote, but it may have to take the form of a static mount as it happens with the thrones. The emote would be called "/emote curl_up_in_a_cot", when hit you would be lying down on a little wooden bed not much bigger than yourself, because I don't think you can add props to emotes, but not sure, it could just be done like the throne mounts are, click it or drag it to your belt slots and hit a key, and suddenly you are lying on your own little bed. Just plain wood, like the starter chairs in the Stronghold, with a thin layer for a mattress. Easy to make. I can see it being a very popular emote people use while waiting for their content or going afk, there would be little camp-outs of people in thier cots everywhere. And you could make it like the juggle emote unlock and have it as a part of an event, as one of the desired items.

Okies, tlk ltr.
Tagged:

Comments

• Options
    nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,498 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @aganway ! Maps are a bit more work but emotes are more doable. Emotes with props are a tad harder but not impossible, the challenge is usually in making sure the prop works well with all the different body types (poor dragonborn and the summer lounge chair...) I'll pass this idea on to our animator!
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User

Hi @aganway ! Maps are a bit more work but emotes are more doable. Emotes with props are a tad harder but not impossible, the challenge is usually in making sure the prop works well with all the different body types (poor dragonborn and the summer lounge chair...) I'll pass this idea on to our animator!

Awesome. The cot just needs to be big enough for the largest sized body to curl-up on without falling off the edges, and all other cots for everyone smaller could be the same standard size. Maybe even an arm flung sideways over the edge. It would be popular because we have no beds, we can sleep on the floor and standing up, but nothing of our own to sleep in and this would be something fun people would want to use in all sorts of situations. Shame about the maps, but please keep those volcanoes in mind for some type of new locations. :-)
  • Options
    adamantineangeladamantineangel Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    RE: maps...

Remember how in Neverwinter Nights 2, portals would open up and give a player access to the Shadow Realm version of certain maps?

However, since Neverwinter is essentially a different beast, does this mean that making a Shadow Realm variant of the game's existing maps are not likely doable... even in the Forge?

An example of what I would love to see even if only as a special event: The "Shadow's Enclave" based on the Protector's Enclave map... but very dark with a limited redish spotlight/glow following the players. No moon or stars in the "sky"... just an unsettling moon-sized red eye. NPC mobs in the distance can not be seen in the dark, only heard whispering/hissing/giggling... mere seconds before they attack. (A good reason to play the game with headphones!) Oh... and watch out for Shadow Knox. Just saying.