test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

StrongHold Main Hall needs NPC's and quests

krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
The StrongHold main hall is great...but so empty! Is it possible that as the Guild goes up in level, that you start to have NPC's occupy the hall, just like they do in the rest of the SH? They could wander in and out, spend time admiring the artwork (or make remarks about how bare it is!). It would also be great if there was an extra quest giver in there - maybe an envoy from one of the other major cities beseeching the Player/Guild for help for some problem or other...

Might is not always right - the powerful sometimes forget that.

The Small Band

Comments

• earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    perfect place for a seal trader.. wink wink

something that might actually lure the guildies in there

:D
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User
    Yes, very good idea about the seal trader! Also (on reflection), do not tie activity to GH level, but to how much 'stuff' you have in it - the more it is decorated, the more NPC's you will see. I would envisage the GH level relating to the clothes and whether there are serving staff - the higher the GH level, the fancier the clothes and serving staff on hand. Plus maybe have an event to actually use the fancy dress side of our character sheets?

The Small Band
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    I would love to see more happening with the Great Hall! For the team it's a matter of balancing all different type of content development since when you work on X thing, those that wanted Y thing will feel put off :)
  • arcanjo86arcanjo86 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,093 Arc User
    @nitocris83 has the developers team thought about the campaigns become about reputation points(like in dungeon and dragon online patrons) based on the tasks/quests on specific areas were made and have a npc from each area inside the great hall? using the doors inside the great hall?
  • windgatboudwindgatboud Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yes it would have been so wonderful if its a guildies birthday that we could hang up some balloons, and set up party tables, and decorate the guild hall for that guild member who's birthday it is. For Christmas it would be great to have some Christmas decorations and stuff, that goes for all the other holidays there is, use it or dont use it.
  • spookele1spookele1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    yep i must say the guild hall is a very boring place no one wants to go in there since you cant do anything in there just sit on a chair and entertain yourself like a idiot that dont have anything better to do , would be much cooler if you could decorate the guild hall more like for specific event like Halloween, birthday parties, christmas decorations (for those that want to use it) even valentine decorations or easter even st. patricks day or what ever people celebrate , i bet many guilds wil use it, but right now a guild hall is not a place anyone wants to just stand around and look at the same old empty boring guild hall, this game have alot of decorations in it i cant see why we cant decorate more even if we could decorate the outside of the stronghold it would be cool now ever stronghold thats high level looks the same
  • krailovkrailov Member Posts: 302 Arc User

I would love to see more happening with the Great Hall! For the team it's a matter of balancing all different type of content development since when you work on X thing, those that wanted Y thing will feel put off :)

(Krailov - my emphasis)

Glad you would like to see more, but a statement like that is discouraging - this section of the forum is for suggestions to improve content/gameplay/user experience/etc., but then basically (my interpretation) is that you are saying 'great idea, but not happening'.

I think we all understand there are priorities in development, but as with all things, there are low-hanging fruit (eg, just placing NPC's in Hall), moving on to full-blown dedicated effort (costumes based on GH level, other decorations based on events, quests, etc.). If it is something you will add in, say so but with the "at some future time" clause, or "we will stage it". Otherwise I see little point in posting suggestions...

The Small Band
  • llewelyn89llewelyn89 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 129 Arc User
    Representatives of the temple, explorers guild, stable, etc would also be nice for picking up or handing in quests and help out our already overworked mounts.
  • kayclo2kayclo2 Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Add to ours table the possibility to play something like respen game(foundry like modding are best) or tabletop games.
    even without any recompense is not possible to add game like roulette, i remember right?