test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Dread vs. Feytouched - worth it?

manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
I'm using a T. Fey but I have everything I need to make a T. dread, for those of you that use one is it worth it? My friends and I do not kill bosses in one rotation if that is the criteria that has to be met to make it worthwhile :P

A week or two ago I switched to my T. Vorpal on Orcus as an experiment but the OP was not using Feytouched and I'm guessing BtS fell off so he one-shot me when I was using KC, so I'm wondering if that would happen more often.

Comments

• rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    manipulos said:

My friends and I do not kill bosses in one rotation if that is the criteria that has to be met to make it worthwhile.

You are correct, Dread sees its best use if you can rekt the boss within 3 hits of Griffon's Wrath.

I would personally make a Trans Dread anyways, because you never know when you get a team that sets you up to want you to one round bosses. Additionally, Dread is a useful enchant on some DPS classes in general: DO DC, Trapper HR, SB Fury SW (if that even exists nowadays).

If you're going to use the 3 Punch (Wo)man setup for bosses, you'll want to use the typical DPS GF boss killing setup, using Tide of Iron instead of Crushing Surge, alongside WMS.

Do note that you can one round bosses with pretty much any enchantment if your team and timing are excellent.

I have personally seen one of the TLO GFs (Krogan I think, possibly Peanut) nearly one round Avatar of Orcus... with a Holy Avenger (giant pencil of doom!) on Relic tier weapon damage.

I myself have nearly one-rounded Avatar of Orcus with a Feytouched and Relic tier weapon damage, but missed by 3%. (Sharp heckled me for not using Dread in that party) :joy:
    manipulos said:

A week or two ago I switched to my T. Vorpal on Orcus as an experiment but the OP was not using Feytouched and I'm guessing BtS fell off so he one-shot me when I was using KC, so I'm wondering if that would happen more often.

Tell your DCs to stop slacking and start spamming EmpBtS/HG/AA/Shepherd's more.
    Or sacrifice more goats to RNGezus so Orcus doesn't roll a natrual 20.

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    Thing about fey is that it's more of an all-around enchant. Dread performs better for that specific case (boss burns) but that's it. On trash, you lose a lot of performance. If you can get lightning AND dread, go for that but imo if you can't, go fey.
    If you want to compare more precisely, use Janne's site.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    I could make a lightning and a dread, is lightning that much better than fey?
    manipulos said:

I would not make a Lightning if you can make an Fey.

Even though they cost the same to make, Fey can be applied to a wider variety of uses. It can be used as a general purpose "I am too lazy to change" enchant which does decent on single and on AoE. Additionally, Feytouched is the best in slot enchantment for TR, CW, Combat HR, certain SB Fury setups, HB SW, Tankadin, and GWF if you have someone marking and a pocket AoC backing you up.

Whereas Lightning is only good for AoE trash clears on GF and as a general purpose GWF enchant. Even considering GF on AoE DPS, you won't see too much of an increase due to GF AoE damage being the amongst the worst in the game, being comparable to OP/SW. I would rather save the money and just keep Vorpal (or Feytouched, due to being a better Vorpal) for trash clears.

• manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

manipulos said:

Even though they cost the same to make, Fey can be applied to a wider variety of uses. It can be used as a general purpose "I am too lazy to change" enchant which does decent on single and on AoE. Additionally, Feytouched is the best in slot enchantment for TR, CW, Combat HR, certain SB Fury setups, HB SW, Tankadin, and GWF if you have someone marking and a pocket AoC backing you up.

Whereas Lightning is only good for AoE trash clears on GF and as a general purpose GWF enchant. Even considering GF on AoE DPS, you won't see too much of an increase due to GF AoE damage being the amongst the worst in the game, being comparable to OP/SW. I would rather save the money and just keep Vorpal (or Feytouched, due to being a better Vorpal) for trash clears.
    OK that is good info, thank you. I already have a T vorpal and T Fey so I won't bother to make a lightning then. I honestly don't even bother slotting the vorpal anymore, it's mostly been sitting in my bag since I made the Fey a few months ago. I remember you talking about low proc rate and high base damage making lightning an inferior choice for GF so I was already thinking it wouldn't be worth it.
    manipulos said:

I remember you talking about low proc rate and high base damage making lightning an inferior choice for GF so I was already thinking it wouldn't be worth it.

Yes, that is the reason why Lightning, and any proc based weapon enchantments, are inferior to the buff style enchants on classes with decent base damage relative to their weapon damage (read: every class not named "GWF". CW is technically a proc class, but the devs nerfed enchant diversity on CW for some odd reason).

• zencricketzencricket Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    O run a conqueror build based on @dairyzeus build. I usually run a few T9Gs per day, then do the random queues, then do guild stuff like DF and influence runs. I do most of these runs in this loadout, and if the random epics pop FBI or MSPC I switch to @rjc9000 tactician of awesomeness. When DPSing I use a vorpal and when tanking I use an old bound Terror.
    My question is about this vorpal: is it really my best option in terms of maximizing DPS without switching it every 30 seconds?

Thanks in advance!

SENZALA
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

O run a conqueror build based on @dairyzeus build. I usually run a few T9Gs per day, then do the random queues, then do guild stuff like DF and influence runs. I do most of these runs in this loadout, and if the random epics pop FBI or MSPC I switch to @rjc9000 tactician of awesomeness. When DPSing I use a vorpal and when tanking I use an old bound Terror.

My question is about this vorpal: is it really my best option in terms of maximizing DPS without switching it every 30 seconds?

Thanks in advance!

SENZALA

I don't see the need to switch to a terror really. It's only what a 4% better debuff. I'm assuming they're both trans, but I guess you didn't specify.

Unless you have no crit on your tank loadout (which seems unlikely), vorpal should fit into the "good enough" category for tanking.

Alternatively you could go for feytouched which is both excellent for dps, and for mitigating team damage when tanking.
  • zencricketzencricket Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    I swap in the Terror just because I want to maximize my buff/debuff effects as tank and I can't sell it (I accidentally destroyed it refining my twisted set and support gave it back to me, but BtC). People rarely use it and it helps the group more than a Vorpal when I'm not doing damage.

Yes, they are both trans. Sorry for not stating it.

But nevermind the Terror, I'm really interested in maximizing my damage, faster runs, bigger melts etc. on my DPS loadout. I'm on PS4, so it's hard to test stuff correctly. I tried a dread at the dummies and it came out like 4% better on the griffon's total damage, but it's hard to measure if it'll be the best Enchantment for me at the end of the day.
    Nowadays I think a Conqueror GF's job is buff during trash and melt bosses faces, right? At least that's how I roll. :)
    So, what is the Enchantment on paper that best performs in this new GF role? Only one, no swapping. Vorpal days are over? Dread is the new black? Feytouched FTW? Holy avenger has any chance to shine? (got it? Chance to shine? lol)

Thanks again!

Senzala
  • dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User

I swap in the Terror just because I want to maximize my buff/debuff effects as tank and I can't sell it (I accidentally destroyed it refining my twisted set and support gave it back to me, but BtC). People rarely use it and it helps the group more than a Vorpal when I'm not doing damage.

Yes, they are both trans. Sorry for not stating it.

But nevermind the Terror, I'm really interested in maximizing my damage, faster runs, bigger melts etc. on my DPS loadout. I'm on PS4, so it's hard to test stuff correctly. I tried a dread at the dummies and it came out like 4% better on the griffon's total damage, but it's hard to measure if it'll be the best Enchantment for me at the end of the day.

Nowadays I think a Conqueror GF's job is buff during trash and melt bosses faces, right? At least that's how I roll. :)

So, what is the Enchantment on paper that best performs in this new GF role? Only one, no swapping. Vorpal days are over? Dread is the new black? Feytouched FTW? Holy avenger has any chance to shine? (got it? Chance to shine? lol)

Thanks again!

Senzala

If you want a single weapon enchant for an entire dungeon I'd go vorpal or fey (depending on your combat advantage + crit severity). Dread's a little better in single target if your group can consistently end the boss in 3 hits, but far worse in AoE.

Since it's still entirely possible to 3 hit a boss with vorpal or fey, I personally think dread's a bit unnecessary.
  • qrigami22#8907 qrigami22 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    İm a hybrid gf and i have 3 weapon enchant unpa fey - unpa dread - unpa light

i use fey for tong mob fights - dread msp boss fights, tong boss fights and Codg - light for msp mobs

İf you fight too much mobs in 1 fight like msp mobs light is better to make aggro and protect your team

If you fight with tong mobs fey better then light because number of mobs is less then msp mobs

and dread is always better then fey for boss fight because gf burn bosses realy fast

Best Regards Armored M.Tordek
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    rjc9000 said:

manipulos said:

Isn't the Fey almost BiS for almost all builds because it gives a damage % increase which typically is better than almost anything else. From what I have seen the times when other enchantments outshine the Fey is when there are many adds, that is when a Lighting tends to be better than a Fey.

I personally been using the Flaming on my GF and it has been fun using this enchantments. Like my CW, though my GF is a girl character, I simply cannot stand pink on my character weapon enchantments. My GF may use it over my other characters as the character is female but I still dislike the color pink.