test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

vorpal nerf ?

murphyvamurphyva Member Posts: 32 Arc User
So while I was looking around for a SW build for mod 13 they told me that weapon enchantments would only work on the initial hit. Can anyone confirm this or does it still work for my DOT? if its true that im getting nerfed again, what enchantment would you guys recommend for a hb fury aoe?

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    Weapon enchants will now only work on the first / original hit of a power, so you can't proc something like lightning off a DoT. It definitely hits warlocks hard, but there are still some good options out there. Holy Avenger might be decent, FeyTouched is a given, Terror or PlagueFire might be interesting options, too.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
  • Options
    issssshoisssssho Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 105 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Beware of 2 things before making conclusions
    1 entity powers are powers once casted behave, exist and do damage independently of the cast source - icy terrain pillar of power for ex
    2 to use holy or terror enchant effectively - aka ones whose damage modifier is mirrored thru your power stat you need to ask youself 3 questions and if just one answer is no then you sohouldnt use it.
    Do you have high level based weapon damage ? Such as gwf gf or pally
    Is your hit rate one of the fastest among classes in game ?
    Can your power stat be higher than power stat of other classes in same circumstances ?

To save your time ill answer it for sw class - No
    No
    No
    Conclusion : fury use fey or vorp as cheap solution
    Temptation use frost or bronzewood
    With great power comes great electricity bill.

THC
    http://www.theholycrusaders.com/
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Soulbinder fury uses Dread quite often and temptation can also run plaguefire for sure , since Bova and DT stack the debuff in no time in mod 13.
  • Options
    pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I don't think Vorpal is effected by the change since it just increases Crit%, though I can't speak to its other minor effects. The change was meant to tone down enchants that deal extra hits and proc specific powers. So like Lightning will only proc on the first tick of Icy Terrain, but Vorpal should increase the damage of all ticks on DoT powers assuming the main attack crits. Dread should behave like Vorpal for encounter powers.