test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

I think Omu is your best designed map ever.

aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
I just wanted to offer praise to the team for the design of the Lost City of Omu map. It is by far my favorite place and I have been playing since mod 2, it is a lovely mixture of overgrown and structured, nature and buildings, it works perfectly when u run around there with all sorts of different ways to move around and get to places, but it is the visual design and pared-back audio which I love the most. The music is subtle enough it doesn't distract and it fades at the right time and leaves this very peaceful quiet vibe with just the bird audio and whotnot, the design of all the structures and plants and how they intermingle together is perfect. It is a peaceful place to be and visually stunning, you really do feel like you are there, and I just wanted to say how much I like it. Awesome.

Comments

• szerevaxszerevax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 33 Arc User
    But the water area need rework, need electric eel and piranha on it to make fear water and make high difficulty on map.
  • classicque2classicque2 Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    The whole design and idea with woodo dolls was taken from Risen 3
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Thanks for the compliment @aganway! The environment and audio teams work hard to get the right "feel". Feedback on just those topics doesn't come in very often since we get that players are typically content-focused where the feedback is more varied and subject to mechanic or design concerns.
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    The idea of the Undercity was brilliant. That really gives off a proper dungeon feel where there are enemies lurking around every corner, yet it's also functional in that you can use it to get around. Now that I've played it for a while, I have a suggestion: add another random-droppable quest that sends you to delve into an unexplored area of the Undercity. Who knows what could be hiding there, unnoticed and unseen by Omu's denizens?
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    agree! it's a fantastic map and very good to play. i also think that part of this is due to the undercity!
    i liked to scout for secret passages.
    furthermore some of the new campaign design ideas, such as campaign currency dropping from enemies after empowering a shrine, good drops from treasures and favors, increase the motivation to play this campaign significantly. much less "forced grinding".
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User

Thanks for the compliment @aganway! The environment and audio teams work hard to get the right "feel". Feedback on just those topics doesn't come in very often since we get that players are typically content-focused where the feedback is more varied and subject to mechanic or design concerns.

Yea well u guys all did a great job, I love it there and it's me new home. So lovely to just hang out in.