test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

What the hell has happen to NW

hoho123#8426 hoho123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
edited April 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
I"m angry very angry ... at people and cryptic I've been playing NW from begining and that I see now is total hate and discrymination ok content should be hard but what hapen in COTDG, we can't all be perfect we cant all do every thing but now is if you fall people kick you out of the party how can we learn if none is willing to help only ask for expert and ok you will say get friends and guild ect sorry it does not work you learn in 2 goes or you go ... I remember times then Karux took 2-3 hr we needed to work together it was not base on mechanichis and your internet connection .... CRIPTIC is saying is bring people togther that is does it make elities party of few ... and ok there where always that kind of parties and peoples who only play with they best friensds but now ... SHAME ON YOU CRYPTIC .... this is not any more RPG MMO .... YOU DON"T CARE .... and yes you my say I ranting but I never see such discrimination in NW ;((((

Comments

• odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    Cradle with its frustrating mechanics were designed for you to lose friends. There is no way someone will deal with losing hours and starting over with 10 people contents where different people taking turns falling for the group to start over. There is no strategy and mechanics where you can coach people to run here, avoid this etc... It's reflex base and that is the problem. This game used to be about strategy and teamwork. And all of a sudden it is about dexterity with a very unforgiving do-over for any small mistakes. You are better off pugging and getting kicked by strangers. Running with friends mean you will lose many friends.
  • chidionchidion Member Posts: 446 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Kudos @pterias, if any player is unhappy with the content because of the design, no one is forcing anyone to play that content and the participation numbers will speak for themselves. It will either be modified or it won't but perpetually complaining seems to have little or no effect for the most part, particularly given the nature of some of those complaints.

Case in point for me would be the initial post of this thread... is the problem with the game designed content that someone at Cryptic could possibly do something about, or player behavior which no amount of re-programming or in game modification will effect?

Players falling or lagging behind other party members and being kicked for those reasons is no design fault of the game developers but directly related to the inconsideration of some players - player behavior.

When I started playing Neverwinter about 5 years ago the majority of the player community used to be cooperative and helpful, now there seems to be a plethora of "only in it for myself" players who have become so overpowered and self serving that they seem to care little for the newer to the content or under-geared by comparison players since they can essentially solo much of the content, even that content that appears specifically designed for parties/cooperative play.

Just because a player is over powered or sporting the best of the best (relatively speaking) gear doesn't mean that player is going to be lacking consideration of other players, but by-in-large the greatest instances of inconsiderate players who will refuse to help newer and lower level players, attempt to kick slower less effective players, etc. appear to me at least to be largely comprised of those OP players, with many of the less experienced, lower geared players still attempting to play more friendly and cooperatively with other players, often out of necessity.

Just my 2¢
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    Just like in mSVA, this trial is a test of how much the RNG loves (to hate) you. Didn't like always being stuck in ice as pugs think dps'ing the boss is their only job & freeing teammates is someone else's problem? How about getting grasped by a hand and flushed down the toilet as some pug screams "l2p!!"...
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    i get more and more to simply play what i feel like at the moment, regardless of rewards or trends. we can do this, when we do not strive for top gear, and top gear is not necessary for most content.
    thus i agree with @pterias in that, best is simply not to play what gives us aches.
    i get there only step by step, bit by bit.
  • clericalistclericalist Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 595 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    I certainly agree with your anger about people kicking anyone who makes the slightest mistake or is not 20k IL (or whatever the "standard" is now supposed to be), I do however have to mention that this behaviour is certainly not new, I was encountering such people from the day I started playing.

All I can say that there some good players and bad players in the game (in terms of manners), it is difficult to try not let the bad people get to you, but try to see the other non rude players as well.
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
    pterias said:

A STRANGE GAME. THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS NOT TO PLAY.

Seriously, when stuff like this comes up, the only way to get resolution is to not participate. If no one did CotDG, it would either get improved, or at least it wouldn't matter anymore because everyone stays equally behind the gear curve. If no one participated in Random Epic Queues, it would either get changed or at least not matter anymore. They can see these numbers, and they can choose to have their content played, or not. We don't have to make ourselves miserable over it. The fact that everyone complains and then continues to do the things they complain about tell the devs that it's not really a problem, otherwise why would everyone still be doing it?

As for me, I've been ignoring REQ, TONG, and Cradle. I just pretend they don't even exist. If I have to be perpetually behind a couple mods on end game gear, it's worth it to not spend months begging, playing chars I don't enjoy, and ultimately rage-quitting.

This - same here for me. I refuse to play content based on dexterity and RNG rather than strategy. Neverwinter isnt Sonic the Hedgehog ;)
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    pterias said:

A STRANGE GAME. THE ONLY WINNING MOVE IS NOT TO PLAY.

Seriously, when stuff like this comes up, the only way to get resolution is to not participate. If no one did CotDG, it would either get improved, or at least it wouldn't matter anymore because everyone stays equally behind the gear curve. If no one participated in Random Epic Queues, it would either get changed or at least not matter anymore. They can see these numbers, and they can choose to have their content played, or not. We don't have to make ourselves miserable over it. The fact that everyone complains and then continues to do the things they complain about tell the devs that it's not really a problem, otherwise why would everyone still be doing it?

As for me, I've been ignoring REQ, TONG, and Cradle. I just pretend they don't even exist. If I have to be perpetually behind a couple mods on end game gear, it's worth it to not spend months begging, playing chars I don't enjoy, and ultimately rage-quitting.

QFT - Played since beta, REQ has killed the game for me, I haven't done a single epic dungeon since it was brought in. It appears that Cryptic wants to pander to the elitists and not want to write a game for the masses. WE DON'T NEED EVER MORE DIFFICULT AND GIMMICKY CONTENT particularly when your game doesn't support it and lag can make stuff completely unplayable. (more than decent PC and very fast fibre connection, so it's not at my end)

Yes I really enjoy standing in front of the cage in fane (or standing in the poison in front of the key box) waiting 15-20 seconds to get an interact cursor, or similar periods utterly unable to move due to the lag as it kills me with ever more patches on the floor.

With every passing release, I just think of somebody in Cryptic thinking "OK how can we suck more fun out of the game while forcing as many people as possible to spend more money". They nerf things that only need nerfing because of what the top 1% can do while ruining it for the 99%. Meanwhile they don't bother fixing the important things that irritate lots of people.

Why do I have to do house of croc more than once most weeks because a mob spawns inside a solid object in the second chamber and you can't progress for example, something that quite often also happens in the Omu mini dungeons although there they eventually pop out ?

Why does my pet just randomly go halfway across the map to attack stuff I'm nowhere near ?
  • hoho123#8426 hoho123 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Thanky you all for responding, I know I'm not alone in this as my friends also have similar opinions, just got so angry after reading few conversations on elit chanels, and I know you don't have to do it ect but I think this game use to be a bit more to do with playing than standing in enclave, and as you all said there is so many bugs and how many times you can do CN FBI or TONG, and I know nothing will be done ... only one thing find onother game
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Well, I started playing on day 1 of open beta, but CoDG is close to killing my interest in the game. I love ToNG - the developers got the difficulty just right - it is proper end-game content, but CoDG simply has too many significant problems.

Now, you may ask, why not just ignore CoDG then? Well, the issue is that CoDG is the only source of what I need to progress at this point. I need the Ampoules and the Carvings to improve my gear - I am basically at the position where one of my main goals in the came is just to keep doing the toughest "end-game" content and maintain my "BiS" status by upgrading my gear.

Sure, I have a few other goals, like getting all the achievements I can possibly get and so on, but CoDG is killing my motivation to play the game.

The problems with CoDG include:
    1. The first phases are just boring - far too easy for "end-game" content. Moreover, some of the mechanisms can just be ignored - you can for example just run in a circle and cut the ropes - totally ignoring all the spawns.
    2. The last phase is next to unplayable for players with any significant lag. Not all of us are located in an office next to the servers, or even on the same continent as they are. If you have any significant lag, you just cannot survive the pull-push part - no second chances or anything...you are just dead.
    3. If the group wipes in the last phase, you have to do the (boring) initial phases all over again. It would be a major improvement if you got sent back to the final phase instead - it wouldn't help with the lag issue, but it would allow people to make more attempts before they give up in frustration.
    In short - I wanted to play a RPG game - not a game where success depends on your hand/eye coordination, reflex speed and internet connection quality. Maybe it is time to look around for a different game to play?
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
  • pteriaspterias Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 661 Arc User
    I learned years ago (the hard way) that you shouldn't do things that make you miserable "for fun". That's a great way to ruin the whole game, hobby, etc. until you give it up entirely. You either need to find a way to do it that doesn't make you miserable or you need to find something else to do. That's why I also avoid a certain other "thing" in this game I don't feel like discussing. Again.

I've played since Mod 1 and only took a 3 week break once the whole time (due to the "thing"). Beyond that, I think I've only missed logging in a handful of days, ever. It's because I'm content not being BIS and I avoid things I know will drag the game down for me. Otherwise, I'd be long gone by now. The last few mods have really been making it harder though. Random Queues, the inclusion of Guild Boons in IL (and the resulting playerbase IL filtering), and the "Supports-only unless BIS" end-game meta (exacerbated by the Bonding nerf)have left me spinning my wheels.

If you just have to be BIS or at the top-tier though, you have my condolences. I wish you the best of luck in your future games.