test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Zax Backlog Issue

heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
Hello Again ^^

i just got back after a month from going off game because of many issues it has neverthless when i came back i saw some people complaining about the ZAX backlog and i was wondering if there is a solution being worked out for this or something in future because as far as i understand this is the feature that makes neverwinter unique and it's free to play feature so yeah currently at moment of writing this thread there is arround 11Million zen and something for 500:1 on the zax with average wait of 10 + days
it would be good to know if there is anything planned in future to avoid this problem ^^

Thank you in advance
@nitocris83

Comments

• zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    There is only three things they can do and players won’t like any of them:

1) Raise the ad/zen max exchange rate, it will probably just cap at the new rate
    2) remove the ad/zen max exchange rate entirely, the price of zen will skyrocket
    3) nerf the player’s ability to generate AD
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    We've seen worst backlogs. The best you can do is just place your orders and keep a stock of zen. The more obvious things the devs can do include running zen sales, injecting liquidity themselves, and reducing the player ability to make RAD. If they do have a plan, I doubt they will make them public.
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    The main problem is also the *long* history of exploits and economic disasters that crippled the PC balance. It will never recover of such amounts of AD that were artificially injected into the game. ZAX has been at 1:500 for years. In fact since last year I only saw it below 500 for a few days, then get back to backlog.

One other thing they could do is also to create more AD sinks, but players already don't like that. Reinforcement kits are a sinkhole and players ask to remove the cost. Mark of Potency are a huge sinkhole. Mastercraft is also a huge sinkhole when you fail a task.

But as zomak said, if they're gonna do something about it, players won't like that, be it ZAX cap increased / removed, nerf the ability to make RAD or create new AD sinkholes.

And
    kreatyve said:

They did nerf the AD from Experience Rewards, which I'm sure was contributing to the major backlog. The main problem right now is still bots.

It was more a fix than a nerf, and as usual it happened too late. They were aware when we tested it on preview that having 5-10 overflow a day would cripple a bit more our economy. Yet we had it for weeks before they adjusted the 30k overflow experience rate.

• utookmynickutookmynick Member Posts: 206 Arc User
    edited April 2018

You know what works here? Doing something about the bots.

The invoke 50% bonus AD scales with level, why doesn't the rewards from completing a random dungeon/skirmish? How about lowering the time before we can kick, so that we can kick bots from instances? Some people will hate this one, but make the Leadership RP bound to account. Leadership doesn't add AD into the system (anymore), but anything that make botters prefer a different game should be considered.

Let me guess, this discussion is against TOS and all this is going to be deleted.

• geno82geno82 Member Posts: 80 Arc User
    Leadership dont create AD in real leadership is a AD sinkhole. With the Leadership RP u switch AD from one Player to Another and every time u Destroy 10% from the AD INGAME. So i think leadership RP is really Important for the economy. The old leadership was a failure... Good for Bots Bad for economy... But this leadership dont create ad. This switch AD from Account to Account. Input another Legendary Equipment maybe companion and u destroy more ingame AD. Cap RAD to 250.000 AD or so and we have another solution. Give us a Dayli AD Cap from 50.000 per Account. That's All solution without Problems for normal players. A normal Player with 15hours game time per week have not more as 50.000RAD ad per Day every Day.
    edited April 2018
    geno82 said:

Leadership dont create AD in real leadership is a AD sinkhole.

Read my edit. I forgot to explain the reasoning behind that. It is doing everything to make NW less attractive than another MMO. Also, RP rewards can be increased once they are BtA. But maybe that just isn't realistic or maybe that's not where the bots are at.

BTW, I wouldn't be surprised to see a much higher backlog if not for the limit of how much you can post at one time (5 listings x 2.5m each = 12.5m)

Post edited by utookmynick on
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

They did nerf the AD from Experience Rewards, which I'm sure was contributing to the major backlog. The main problem right now is still bots.

agilesto said:

The main problem is also the *long* history of exploits and economic disasters that crippled the PC balance. It will never recover of such amounts of AD that were artificially injected into the game. ZAX has been at 1:500 for years. In fact since last year I only saw it below 500 for a few days, then get back to backlog.

One other thing they could do is also to create more AD sinks, but players already don't like that. Reinforcement kits are a sinkhole and players ask to remove the cost. Mark of Potency are a huge sinkhole. Mastercraft is also a huge sinkhole when you fail a task.

But as zomak said, if they're gonna do something about it, players won't like that, be it ZAX cap increased / removed, nerf the ability to make RAD or create new AD sinkholes.

And

kreatyve said:

It was more a fix than a nerf, and as usual it happened too late. They were aware when we tested it on preview that having 5-10 overflow a day would cripple a bit more our economy. Yet we had it for weeks before they adjusted the 30k overflow experience rate.

i understand the root of the problem but there is probably another solution to controle the excess money currently in the game just make new currency to replace Astral Diamonds and you can exchange ad for this new currency but ofc at controled rates so that way u can remove the old AD from exploits and replenish the economy add few more item drops to the market that players can seek out like profession items and all this might be very hard in practice but it's not impossible in fact my country have been doing this for quite a while changing the money papers on purpose so people who don't place money in bank are known in the economy and all because if you don't want to exchange your papers they will lose value after certain date

i just am afraid that if this is ruined and no more people spend on the game it will no longer be playble or free to play since you can't get most items like VIP and all wich could force the game to shutdown also devs should be more careful as to what to add to the zen market as it dosn't help this inflation of prices on auction house pres wards got almost to 600K a stack while u can get them for 425K stack from zen market so this is not healthy and as for adding liquidity to game itself (wich i saw someone above mention) it dosn't help it's like a country printing money to pay off debt so it will cause value to drop and increase inflation of prices since people will ask for higher price and all.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    There is a WB sale the weekend after next that may help.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • martelis1981martelis1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 121 Arc User
    No one realizes the possibility that it's because there are less people buying Zen because of constant bad decisions like the HAMSTER nerfs, for example to the CW? many of my cw friends have stopped buying zen or left the game because of that :/
  • heraldfayez#8520 heraldfayez Member Posts: 227 Arc User
    edited April 2018

No one realizes the possibility that it's because there are less people buying Zen because of constant bad decisions like the HAMSTER nerfs, for example to the CW? many of my cw friends have stopped buying zen or left the game because of that :/

that complaint don't matter really in fact no matter how much we complain nothing will change the reality of it devs simply don't give much care to playerbase or they do but can't do anything if game shutdown they can just move on to another one they are employees to company that has other leadership wich makes these calls and are pushed by other companions like wizards PWE etc
    Post edited by heraldfayez#8520 on
  • cdnbisoncdnbison Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 806 Arc User
    geno82 said:

Leadership dont create AD in real leadership is a AD sinkhole. With the Leadership RP u switch AD from one Player to Another and every time u Destroy 10% from the AD INGAME. So i think leadership RP is really Important for the economy. The old leadership was a failure... Good for Bots Bad for economy... But this leadership dont create ad. This switch AD from Account to Account. Input another Legendary Equipment maybe companion and u destroy more ingame AD. Cap RAD to 250.000 AD or so and we have another solution. Give us a Dayli AD Cap from 50.000 per Account. That's All solution without Problems for normal players. A normal Player with 15hours game time per week have not more as 50.000RAD ad per Day every Day.

If I have a bot farm of 50 characters on an account, running leadership 24/7, then I'm not terribly worried about the 10% cut that the AH takes, because I simply want to convert the RP stones to AD - RP stones aren't what the 3rd-party sites want. They want AD to sell, and an easy way to get it is to have the accounts generate things that can be easily sold for AD. While leadership tasks run, they have also obviously setup bots to run the randoms (based on some of the toons I've seen that simply operate on a 'kill everything' script, with a 4k gearscore). So, right off the top, that's 15k AD*50 (750,000 AD total), plus whatever they can generate with leadership (6 slots - because I don't think they worry about the speed / 100% / 3x20 profs slots - multiplied by 250AD average multiplied by 50 characters per day = another 75,000 AD minimum. Grand total of 825,000AD. And that's per account - because a lot of the farming operations won't be using one account to do all this, they'll be using multiple.

So, no, the AH doesn't really take a lot of AD out of the system - especially if there are methods of generating AD that are 'free' (randoms) to counteract the loss.

• demolitioninc#2453 demolitioninc Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    It will level out again, last year before protectors jubilee it was up 14Mill backlog and recovered to 0 during summerfest, then climbed again to 12.6 mill before black friday and recovered down to 0 during winterfest. Just wait for jubilee again.
    1. PzkwVI_Kingtiger - GWF
    2. PMS-Extreme - Moffus Debuffos
    3. Tiamat's Toyboy - OP
    4. Rent-A-DC - 1 GMOP per 30 minutes
    5. Officer at Civil Anarchy, Member of Fabled Alliance
    edited April 2018
    It's been a whole 45 mins since the WB and zen store sale has gone live. The backlog has not gone down. We're doomed! :)
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Been a couple of hours and it's dropped half a million. It was 12,6 just when servers went up, it's 12,1 at the time of writing
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    It was in the mid 11 mil range last I looked. There is also a charge bonus going on that’s likely helping.
This discussion has been closed.