test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your last Random Queue in a Word

frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
edited March 2018 in PvE Discussion
Foeball

The latest random queue dropped my level 58 pally into Gray Wolf with two half-baked speed scummers – way too weak to be trying that sort of thing. From the get go, it was pretty obvious they intended to dump all the foes on my little slowpoke which made me laugh ‘cause that’s the thing about paladins. They don’t have to clean up anyone’s mess – not when they can just drag it around with them. So I popped up some yellow, amped up the threat, and trundled on carrying all the foes they forgot right along with me – made them pick up after themselves every time I caught up. I have to say, those two were pretty dense. I don’t think it dawned on them what was happening until we reached the next level.

As expected, they’d left all the foes behind yet again, but unbeknownst to them as they approached Zayev’s gate, the pally was jogging up behind with all the trash they’d left behind.

I caught up just as they were finishing off Zayev.

Maybe if they’d hightailed it out of there right then instead of pausing to pick through the loot – maybe they would have made it. Instead, before they knew what hit them, they were neck deep in wolves and werewolves. The warlock in shiny pants, bless her heart, abandoned her pal in an escape attempt, but that mob was just too thick - the pally had already begun accreting more in the distance - and sslip doesn’t last forever.

So for the rest of the dungeon the paladin jogged peacefully along in front whistling a little tune – a Pally’s Comet if you will, with a hairy tail of yammering, howling foes behind, and poor would-be scummers drowning in the wake – bleeding green and chugging curatives all the long way.

But the best part of all was when the pally reached the drawbridge, got knocked right into the spike pit and had to jog alllll the way back up the tunnel. So not only were the speed scummers forced to fight for their lives every step of the way, but they also wound up waiting at least an extra minute for the slowpoke to catch up. And you know, they didn’t do a half bad job either – didn’t bump into a single foe on my way back. They cleaned up real good. In hindsight, it was a jerk move on my part, but in that moment it felt like a well deserved lesson.

Anyway, the random queues can be tiresome and frustrating, but most of the time I find they go pretty well, and sometimes I find the people I encounter highly entertaining. I’m hoping to hear some anecdotes from other players too – not necessarily a story even - anything really: a nice piece of loot, a high speed run, a great dungeon crawl, an enjoyable pug – or one so incredibly irritating that it’s almost funny. Anyone else have something interesting happen during your last random queue?

Comments

• mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    REALLY!

Here is my list.

On my GF, got FBI and I noticed that that all DPS where near minimum IL and that the DC left the q instantly. I left not long after.

Log off my GF get on my DC and I get pulled into the same FBI run. DPS still there. I did one set of Giants and than left. I was top by 2x the next player.

Log into my CW and I get the same group again. I shut the game off and called it a night last night.

That was my ERQ experience last night. I tried ERQ on 3 character and I ended up all in the same dungeon. Not fun in the least bit.

Post edited by mebengalsfan#9264 on
  • frogwalloper#6494 frogwalloper Member Posts: 821 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Conflicted

Just finished my last run of the day in the Cloak Tower with my SW - arrived alongside a low-K speedster GWF and a New Player. The GWF took off; generously leaving all the enemies for us so I stuck with the newbie for a few minutes. But he/she was acting really odd - lot of spinning and getting caught on the terrain, and stopping altogether for long periods of time.

Finally I figured I was either dealing with a bot or a complete imbecile and parted ways. Popped on Deadly Curse and Shadow Walk then taught that crappy scummer how to simultaneously walk and chew gum - that yes, it is indeed possible to use more than one button at the same time. By the time the GWF caught up, everything was dead, all the ability checks looted, and I was cleaning out the treasure chests while he settled in at the rally point. Then we waited.

Wound up kicking the New guy who'd stopped moving again - probably stuck on a rock. That's the first time I actually initiated a kick on a new player, and I feel kind of guilty about it. I'd feel 101% better if I knew it was just a bot, but I'm not sure if they're on the PS4 or not. Left me wondering how to tell when you're actually dealing with a goofball and not some script. I assume there are things bots can't do, but I'm uncertain what those might be.
  • artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    I can't remember one. It's been weeks.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    Well, there usually will be at least one low geared player in any run that pops up in you RQ. Somebody has to queue up for the dungeon for you to get the run.
    edited April 2018

And for me "max level elitists...quick to quit" means players who are experienced enough to realise when they are landed with fail players, and smart enough to gtfo.

Sometimes maybe, but in this case the failures were the maxlvl players. The Quitter was foolish, and the Leech was a jackass. Even with two lowK players, we cleared bronze easily. If those two hadn't have been such babies, they'd have gotten their RAD and been out of there in no time flat because we would have swung the vote. Instead they pitched a hissy fit. One got nothing. One got the gold rewards, but gained a level in jackassery IRL. The newer players and I had a great time. I got a nice message back from one of them thanking me for the gift, who said, "I found it really hard, but I didn't want to give up." That made it worthwhile to me.

You and I approach the game from opposite directions, but I enjoy reading your posts and appreciate your perspective. In the end I see it as just a game, and the only thing that's actually REAL is how we treat the other people we come across.

This should have been your cue to leave. Players like this are players you need to carry through content... you were asking for pain...sounds like you got it. :)

See. I'm actually still playing and enjoying the main content. At this point I'd rather have half an hour of pain with a couple newer players who want to be there, than four minutes with a couple of higherK creeps who don't. Besides, this time around I was actually looking for a Gold run - just wasn't looking for one in quite those circumstances, but yes, I did get what I was looking for.

I often wonder if there aren't New Players, and "New Players." I don't know whether alts show up as "New Players" as they advance or not, but it would explain a lot. The vast majority of bad behavior that I've seen has been from "experienced" players. It wouldn't surprise me if they're the ones running bots, crappy alts, and leeches - all so they can feed their highK tryhards. Not to say all experienced players are like this. I've run into just as many who are deadly efficient, but still manage to be civil and good company.

From what I've seen so far, legit New Players often have a very different attitude. As I said, they may not be efficient in any number of ways, but they will fight tooth and nail to get the job done.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    Nah

I can't even remember where my last run was....but it was most likely yet another IG. It wasn't horrible but I've had crappy runs. It wasn't super slow but I've agonized through long runs where people leave and you end up somehow finishing with the most hodge podged group. It wasn't a failure but I've had my fair share since RQs began. It wasn't even something abandoned immediately when checking out the group or landing in something you don't have time/desire to run.

It was all of that added up and topped off with "you know, it's just not fun running things I don't want to run anymore".
    Generous

My DC ran a dungeon yesterday with a much higherK GWF, and a disconnect that dropped out. I half expected the GWF to leave me in the dust, but he/she closed ranks and it turned out to be a really nice run. We exchanged pleasantries before porting out, and later I mailed a simple scavenge ring in thanks.

Half an hour ago, I got a quick message back from the player who also attached a nice artifact that I don't have. You run into some really nice players sometimes.
    edited April 2018
    Odd

Ran into the weirdest build a little while ago. My DC again, this time in Karrundax. It was a ~10K Tiefling GWF so souped up that she zipped right past my 110 speed mount on foot, and she wasn't even sprinting. I have never seen anyone move so fast. Her poor companion looked like it had whiplash. When I checked, her stats showed around 3,500 movement points. But here's the thing, when she stopped to fight - which she frequently did - her damage output was astonishingly low, and she had virtually no defenses to speak of - constantly lost huge chunks of hp. I had Bastion of Health out, but targeting her was like trying to swat a fly with a sledgehammer. At the end, I glanced at the scoreboard, and her damage rating was only within a few thousand points of my 7K DC who doesn't even know what dps is. I usually swap in BtS for the dragon so we can hopefully kill it in one go, but I had to keep Bastion instead just to keep her on her feet.

She did get to the exit well ahead of us, but then she had to wait for the rest of the party.

Which leaves me wondering, what's the point of such a build?
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Odd

Ran into the weirdest build a little while ago. My DC again, this time in Karrundax. It was a ~10K Tiefling GWF so souped up that she zipped right past my 110 speed mount on foot, and she wasn't even sprinting. I have never seen anyone move so fast. Her poor companion looked like it had whiplash. When I checked, her stats showed around 3,500 movement points. But here's the thing, when she stopped to fight - which she frequently did - her damage output was astonishingly low, and she had virtually no defenses to speak of - constantly lost huge chunks of hp. I had Bastion of Health out, but targeting her was like trying to swat a fly with a sledgehammer. At the end, I glanced at the scoreboard, and her damage rating was only within a few thousand points of my 7K DC who doesn't even know what dps is. I usually swap in BtS for the dragon so we can hopefully kill it in one go, but I had to keep Bastion instead just to keep her on her feet.

She did get to the exit well ahead of us, but then she had to wait for the rest of the party.

Which leaves me wondering, what's the point of such a build?

PvP... search @icydrake in the class forums

Aha! - thanks for that
    and geez - how do you even pilot something like that?! It's a pretty awesome build actually - though not so much in its fledgling stage as I saw today
  • wintersmokewintersmoke Member Posts: 1,641 Arc User

Aha! - thanks for that
    and geez - how do you even pilot something like that?! It's a pretty awesome build actually - though not so much in its fledgling stage as I saw today
    Use the Force, you must young Frogwalloper!
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    OMG! (a good type)

Did FBI and MSPC on my GF and DC both in under 20 minutes.
    edited April 2018
    moronic

Just me and a TR in Karrundax - the third wheel split right away. Got to the boss portal without any issues, but the TR starts acting weird - keeps rolling out of the circle as the timer counts down. I didn't realize what he was doing 'til he succeeded in doing it. Finally he rolled out of the circle at the very last second, I got teleported into the dragon's den while the TR remained on the other side rolling and hopping around in safety.

I don't know what he thought would happen, that I would solo kill the boss and its underlings while he watched? or that I would die a horrible death to his vast amusement? Thanks to @spunkmeier 's advice, I switched to another character who still needed the daily rad, and left the idiot there. Forgot to check back periodically, though, so I never found out what happened - whether he got through the dungeon alone or just quit. But what a timewasting doofus. Why anyone would do that is beyond me.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Rewarded

I was on as Silvane, my TR and decided to do a random skirmish. Entering the Mad Wizard's Lair, all the players were talking in German. I understand some German, but didn't say a word. After reaching bronze the vote was 4 to 1 to stay and I always vote to stay. One of the German players they had to leave but didn't and we got to silver. This time the player repeated, "I have an appointment, I have to leave." The other 3 voted stay and I chimed in with my stay vote. The next two lines were type by the 5th member in plain English...
    OMG I can't believe this.
    noobs!
    -.-

But they stayed and we got gold.

I wrote all four of them the same mail and told them thanks, also sent them a token of my appreciation by mail. The player who wanted to leave wrote back thanking me for the item and my kind words.

Life is an adventure, every day you awaken to a bold new adventure, it is up to you to make it a good one.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    Stuck

Did the Artificer's Workshop for Adventurer's Accreditation, but one of our members decided to just stand about right outside the first room and not move, so after we vented the gas there was no progressing because for some reason you can't vote kick people from these queues :/
    In the end it was a choice between waiting fifteen minutes to vote to abandon the queue that takes maybe five minutes to run normally, or one of us leaving early and taking the penalty. I opted to do the latter.
    This is for the record not the first time something like this happens. I've had a lot who at one point or another decides to afk on this queue, getting the rest of us stuck with no means to progress until they deign to come back and move their sorry posterior to the gathering point. If they at least could afk at the next gathering point we could at least progress that far, but of course that would take consideration for someone besides themselves.

Yet another case of the timer being way too long in the game and in this case you can't even vote kick for some weird reason.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • cehawkcehawk Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    4 words--Cussed out and kicked. Actually, that would be my next to last one since I joined another queue. Anyway, apparently it is much easier for most people to align the hulk beams with the gates than it is for me. I'd never actually tried to before, but apparently if you can't do it on your first try, you aren't supposed to try.
  • manipulosmanipulos Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    Quartermaster's

I'm not sure I would bother running random dungeons if I wasn't getting quartermaster bags at the same time, and I didn't bother running them for a few months until recently. I stick 5 QM enchants on my weaker alts and run them through, getting anywhere between 5 and 10 bags typically. I guess I can only run T9G so many times before even random: dungeon queue becomes bearable.
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Rubbish.

I wish the game offered some other dungeons than just Master Spellplague when I queue in.
  • ragequittingdc#8599 ragequittingdc Member Posts: 229 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    why

one second into mspc and the tank drops, immediately followed by the dc. another second and one dps drops, followed by the next and so I go too, but first I check everybodies gear. all 15k+ players easily capable of doing the dungeon but so quickly they abandon the queue. what was the point and why did they go? maybe they were enemies of eachother. maybe they wanted esot for the quick bonus.
    im actually the gwf carry
  • spelldazerspelldazer Member Posts: 315 Arc User
    Whatever

20 characters. Sometimes I play all of them. I try and keep them all well geared. Half are 70lvls almost all are min 10k ilvl. 5 are very well geared with gh20 boons to boot. I run rq all the time for the ad. RQ ad is so good I can tolerate the occasional hiccup.

Was dropped into ecc with my GWF. Not the best GWF out there but I do ok. OP clearly has no clue and we get stuck at final boss. Vote to kick op pops up and I vote no. I suggest rotation and ask for shield of faith. OP was trying to dps. Poorly. We fail again. I get kicked from group. LoL. I q again and get master of the hunt. AD done in 3 min.

DC gets dropped into FBI. I see gs on peeps is decent and give it a go. We complete it with no wipes in a reasonable amount of time. I get extra bonus for role and for new player. Plus Horn of Valhala from chest. Not bad all considered. I q skirmish and get IG. Peeps are well geared, we have 2 dcs and gf in team. We get to bronze quicklym Let's go for gold. 2 want to bail 2 want to stay. I say it will go quickly. 5th is already afk so 2nd phase launches and it goes slowly. I vote leave and collect my AD.

I appear back in chult's port to ponder the pathetic drops my KOS lure yielded. I don't want to go into chult. I don't really want to play anymore.
    Whatever.
    edited April 2018
    Triple

I really enjoy those rare occasions when it's a three of a kind dungeon crawl. This time it was three warlocks in Graywolf. It was a really fast run - triple the amount of everything: fire blasts, cursing, gates of hell, flailing Hadar arms though unfortunately that meant a double dose of Hellish Rebukes too. My ears felt like they'd been scoured out with steel wool by the end. Great way to top off a great week - this week the random queues couldn't have gone better.
    Post edited by frogwalloper#6494 on
  • doink#2651 doink Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Antisocial

Waiting at the start till all is clear, killing Hulks in Throne to troll people, going offline or travelling to another area during gambit or madness, low geared 800k gs with 3-4 class artefacts.... more? They abuse the system, even reporting seems to be senseless.

This whole thing now shows how antisocial lots of ppl play. Waisting other ppls time by intention... Latest pm I got was like: Kick me if you dont like what I do...lol
    And you can´t kick them, and they know it. So now what?

If the intention of random q is to get ppl away from rAD, you are on the right way....
    Doink....useless TR...

edited April 2018
    Oops!

- not technically a queue, but... One of my characters was fighting that big fire scorpion on Hotenow for Bruenor and between the scorpion's death explosion and that meteorite spell from one of those fire mages - I wound up dying. Funnily enough, when I spawned by the campfire, the meteorite spell hitched a ride back with me.

The half dozen other players standing around got blown to smithereens. A number of players standing nearby escaped with minor injuries. Half of them ran around trying to figure out where this redhotdeath was coming from, while the rest of us scurried about reviving everyone. After everyone was up and breathing, I sort of slinked away.

Haven't laughed that hard in ages.