test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

new companion gear?

at some point in the last month I thought I saw someone say there was going to be new companion gear in the newest mod but I've not seen any mention of it. so is there new companion gear or was that wrong?
aka Cat.
xbox: guild excaliber
Tiberius Rex: combat sw hr 16.6k
Shepard Book: DO dc 16.8k

PC
Imaginary HR Friend.

Comments

• gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    It was just speculations since the current items lag behind the rings, so you get more stats total from eg. con artist compared to any other comp without 3x ring slot.
  • sandukutupusandukutupu Member Posts: 2,285 Arc User
    Most of my companions still wear the old gear from the Gateway. To be honest, comparing it to the new crud that drops in IG, makes me feel like such a cheat. Players will never again see the likes of such as;
    • Loyal Commander, Equip: +10% Outgoing Healing, +652 Power, +652 Recovery
    • Loyal Defender, Equip: +10% Threat Generation, +869 Defense, +435 Regeneration
    • Loyal Master, Equip: +10% Control duration, +652 Power, +652 Armor Penetration
    • Loyal Avenger, Equip: +652 Power, +652 Critical Strike, +435 Armor Penetration
    All have 2 slots offense and defense.

For those of you who are post Gateway demolition, these items dropped from a webpage mini game. I for one would like to see them return to the game. Not because I need them, but how is this fair to new players to have the lesser version? My companions are Gods compared to the new player who has to repeat IG for epics, or search the AH for rare drops. One might find the unused loyalty gear in the AH at extremely high prices.
    wb-cenders.gif
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    I have a bunch of the old companion gear I was using before I went bonding. When I switched to bonding, I had to pick companions that used the same gear because I didn't want to give them up. If I made a new alt today, I would just pick a 3-ring companion.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User

I have a bunch of the old companion gear I was using before I went bonding. When I switched to bonding, I had to pick companions that used the same gear because I didn't want to give them up. If I made a new alt today, I would just pick a 3-ring companion.

Same here.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    same here.

companion gear farming in IG is... something i rather avoid.
  • zomak#4611 zomak Member Posts: 223 Arc User
    > @tiberiusrex#6660 said:
    > we don't have that luxury on console. sigh. guess I need to go back to ig farming I'd been avoiding it thinking relief was on the way.

At least things are fairly balanced between old and new players. The fairness issue will be even more of an issue once the rest of the unbound loyal gear gets bound and then it’s not available at all at any price, not even the exorbitantly high ones it’s already at.