test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Players in distress from low percent drop rates on trophies in Omu.

mattemen36mattemen36 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited April 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Basically I did an extensive research for RNG drop rates for trophies here is what my data showed for 2 hours of farming.

Rotting Sun Bear:12 killed, received 2 paws.
Yuan-Ti Mind Whisperer: 9 killed, received 1magebreaker helmet
Beast Talker: 8 killed, 0 driftwood shields
Red Recluse: 9 killed, received 1 venom
Ancient Will-o-Wisp: 11 killed, received 3 sealed wisp

This is a complete joke.

Post edited by mattemen36 on

Comments

• mullymoomoo#7130 mullymoomoo Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    I've had runs where i killed over 60 will-o-wisps and got nothing. 3 from 11 is an excellent return. Getting 7 drops in 2 hours is good. Count your blessings. I'd bite your hand of for that return.
  • greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,093 Arc User
    I spent 4 hours hunting Magebreakers and Razorsauri. 4 hours of no trophy drops at all.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • mattemen36mattemen36 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I'll let you ppl know how this pans out I'm gonna try for 4 hours and be more detailed.
    rjc9000 said:

Basically I did an extensive research for RNG drop rates for trophies here is what my data showed for 2 hours of farming.

Really?

Where is your R^2 coorleation chart?
    Where is your margin of error calculations?
    What distribution did you use, and did you use the appropriate sample size for that distribution?
    da fuq lmao you don't need statistics to conclude the RNG for trophies is cancer
  • zlatovickzlatovick Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User
    3h hunting Yuan-Ti Mind Whisperers 0 drop.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User
    OOC info means jack HAMSTER (please don't jack hamsters).
    And besides, even if your "extensive 2 hour research" was anything to go by, it doesn't prove anything. Look up Gaussian function - for every one person getting below average drops in a 2 hour period, there's one getting above average. It just means that your deviation from average is not going in the direction you want it to go.
  • ilmenirailmenira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 269 Arc User
    it's roughly 14 gmop if you sell those trophies... not bad for 2 hours...
    but seriously, my feel is that i get less trophies from my hunts.
    maybe i'm wrong, but i also get the impression, that some trophies drop less than others.

generally speaking, i still find hunting is fun. although i admit, it can be frustrating if you "need" a certain outcome for gear.

And besides, even if your "extensive 2 hour research" was anything to go by, it doesn't prove anything. Look up Gaussian function - for every one person getting below average drops in a 2 hour period, there's one getting above average. It just means that your deviation from average is not going in the direction you want it to go.

I honestly don't believe in cryptic's math...
  • fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    I know, it pisses me of too when I don't get a trophy out of every single enemy.
  • gromovnipljesak#8234 gromovnipljesak Member Posts: 1,053 Arc User

I honestly don't believe in cryptic's math...
    There ain't no math there, just standard deviation. A majority of people will get average drop rates, and they're usually not vocal. There will be people getting above average, and they won't say there's a problem because they're not experiencing it. The people getting below average drops will be vocal because they're getting annoyed by the drop rate.
    Drop rate is indeed bad and I'm not denying it, I'm just saying that you've happened to be in the below average group once. The game or the world isn't against you. Just keep grinding your HAMSTER off like I, and everyone else does.
  • athena#9205 athena Member Posts: 575 Arc User
    Agree or Disagree: Lower the chance of rare spawn but increase the chance of trophy drop from them
  • isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    It took me around 60 t2 pops to get a lure for the tyrant, while a friend of mine got a tyrant lure from just 5 t2 pops. (Its his 4th one) So the drop chance is just random, and it all depends on how lucky you are as a individual.
  • vincentr6669vincentr6669 Member Posts: 235 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    The RNG is really bad, but for only 2 hours you got PRETTY DAMN GOOD.

I spent 5 hours farming and only got 4 trophies (2 from Mind Whisperer and 2 from Red Recluse), you got 7 trophies from different marks in 2 hours.

EDIT: i wouldn't be complaining about RNG if i had these wonderful 2 hours :p

Besides all hunts have high chance to drop armor pieces, so this kind compensates the fact that it was hard to make the lure.
    spending 2 hours is too much .... let alone the damn RNG from getting trophies from lures.
  • delitusdelitus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 25 Arc User
    the drop rate needs to be fixed 8 hours of farming and not ever 15 drops. a month a ago i could get 20+ drops in 4 hours.
    if your going to Nerf the drop rate don't NUKE it!!! your just asking people to bot this HAMSTER, because it's not worth the time any more and new players are just going to get feed up and go play another game. SO FIX YOUR GAME AND STOP HAMSTER USE OVER. and if you want to fix things in the game fix all the bugs that have been in the game for ever like tong last boss fight and all the others.
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    I still think every hunt npc should drop their item everytime, just like the TRex
  • agilestoagilesto Member Posts: 516 Arc User
    You did have great luck for 2h of farming I really don't know what you're complaining about. Try hunting for hours and get nothing at all despite killings hundreds of rare mobs. Now you'll understand
  • aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    I have magebreaker helmets coming out of my.... I am going to have to start deleting them. I think I get them from the magebreakers about at least half the time I kill them, might be less, but I sure am building up a collection of them. I don't think there is anything wrong with the drops of those ones at least.
  • smegman#1430 smegman Member Posts: 29 Arc User

This is a complete joke.

I farmed bears for 2 hours straight the other night and got ZIP ZILCH NADA! Horrible :(
  • majorcharvenakmajorcharvenak Member Posts: 783 Arc User

This is a complete joke.

I farmed bears for 2 hours straight the other night and got ZIP ZILCH NADA! Horrible :(
    Just did the same for the Beast Talkers. I found the continuous drop of lockboxes especially infuriating.
    ~Shia~

House Miliskeera in exile (NW)
    Sereska Miliskeera, Lvl 70 OP - Devotion (Just.)/Protection (Just.)
    Shizlee Miliskeera, Lvl 70 DC - Divine Oracle (Right.)/Anoited Champion (Faith.)
    Finithey Miliskeera, Lvl 70 HR - Stormwarden (Combat)/Pathfinder (Trapper)
    Maya Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 CW - Spellstorm
    Irae Sik-Miliskeera, Lvl 70 TR - Master Inflitrator

Member - Houseclan t'Charvon (STO)
    Shiarrael e'Tal'Aura t'Charvon, LvL 60, Rom Sci
    S'aana ir'Virinat t'Charvon, Lvl 60, Rom Eng
    T'Lyra, LvL 60, Fed, Vul Sci
    Ta'el, Lvl 60, Rom Tac
  • rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    I would be really happy if the hunts that dont drop any trophie would give me at least some seals of some kind when the trophies don't drop......
  • eion311eion311 Member Posts: 338 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    aganway said:

I have magebreaker helmets coming out of my.... I am going to have to start deleting them. I think I get them from the magebreakers about at least half the time I kill them, might be less, but I sure am building up a collection of them. I don't think there is anything wrong with the drops of those ones at least.

In 2 hours of farming 5 spawn points today I got the helmet to drop once. Send those extra helms my way
    rafaelda said:

I would be really happy if the hunts that dont drop any trophie would give me at least some seals of some kind when the trophies don't drop......

that would be a nice way to get seals of the brave

• liadan1984#8734 liadan1984 Member Posts: 315 Arc User

This is a complete joke.

A magebreaker helmet from the Mind Whisperers!!

I've only ever gotten the Chipped Kris from them....
    Lia
    Co-Guild Leader
    Ghost Templars L20
    Alliance: Tyrs Paladium
    Main: Cleric (Heals|DPS)
    Alt: Warlock
    mindwhisperers are the yuanti rares, magebreakers are the thayan rares
    Another thing to consider: are you doing the farming, or just the reaping.
    Farming: you are killing the normal mobs and getting the rares to spawn,
    Reaping: you are going around the map and killing any rares you see but letting others to the farming for you.

Do your RNG drop rates on farming not reaping. spend a certain amount of time on each area, say 2 hours, farming. And then tell us what your results are. As i see it mattemen36 you were reaping the rewards of others farming and that will not work for a RNG calculation.