test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Lost City of Omu Preview Patch Notes: NW.95.20180306e.2

terramakterramak Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 991 Cryptic Developer
Content and Environment
Soshenstar River and Omu
  • Repeatable adventure quests now use more consistent language for campfires in interior locations.
  • Repeatable adventure quest doors now have vines over them if they're inaccessible.
  • Repeatable adventure quests now properly override the Quest Tracker UI when inside their instances.
  • Templar's Journal: This object should now be much more considerate of quest cooldowns when deciding whether it reveals itself to a player character.
  • Various minor text issues have been addressed.
Omu Heroic Encounters
  • Acererak's Heroic Encounter in Omu should no longer tank framerates quite as much.
    • The number of enemies in this HE has been reduced.
  • Tyrant Heroic Encounter: Enemies per wave have been reduced to 14, down from 21 in the first wave, and 24 in the second.
    • However, some stronger enemies have been thrown into the mix.
  • Tyrant Heroic Encounter: Enemies can no longer summon more enemies during this encounter.
General
  • The Tier V Alchemy Masterwork quest can now correctly be accepted while the player is on another Masterwork quest.
  • The quest "Amulet You Finish (Jewelcrafting)" is now properly still available while the player has another uncompleted Masterwork quest in their journal.
Future Events
  • Challenge of the Gods: Items gained through the Gift of the Gods will no longer automatically bind to account regardless of Bind on Equip status.
  • Summer Festival: Jadeite now costs 12 Silver Tickets, down from 23. Malachite and Beryl are unaffected.

Combat and Powers
General
  • Animation-cancelling Artifact casts should no longer trigger bonuses from effects such as Artificer's Influence, Shepherd's Devotion, and Cavalry's Warning.
    • This also affects the Survivor's Wraps arm slot gear.
  • Pilgrim weapons no longer continually trigger combat.
Companions
  • Alpha Compy now properly grants its damage increase in the Merchant Prince's Folly.
Enemies and Allies
  • Raptors in Chult now strike at the endpoint of their Ambush attack, rather than automatically hitting their target.
  • Raptors in Chult now also have a separate version of their Ambush attack that does automatically hit their target, but does not knock them down.
Cradle of the Death God
  • A logout delay has been enabled in Cradle of the Death God. If a player logs out while in the Cradle of the Death God, their character will remain present for a short time.
    • During that time it will be impossible to log back in and powers may continue to affect the character.
  • The Atropal will now become immune to damage and untargetable upon reaching certain health thresholds. Acererak was not pleased with adventurers skipping phases.
  • The achievement for killing the Atropal is once again properly given to players with kill credit.

Items and Economy
General
  • Chult campaign currencies no longer "incorrectly" have "quotation" "marks" around their "tooltips."
  • Masterwork Neck set items now have a proper set name.
  • Overflow XP rewards now have a lower chance to drop Rough Astral Diamonds, due to the increased rate of Overflow XP rewards popping.
  • Primal Equipment can no longer get into a state where it cannot be Restored.
  • Seals now state where they can be traded in.
  • Treasure maps now consistently open a window without additionally using the lava-style borders at the top and bottom of the screen.
  • Various item-based buffs have been updated to remove variance. They'll give the stats they state on their tooltip, rather than slightly differing values.
  • Various lootable items found in the world should now generate per-character.
    • Example: If Character A takes two of three items out of a chest, and Character B opens it, Character B should have their own set of loot from that chest.
    • If Character A loots after that, the one remaining item should be in their loot dialog.

User Interface
General
  • Inspect Companion now properly shows the companion's actual stats.
Home Page
  • The content on the Home Page has been cleaned up. The Kenku Archer has started advertising their skills elsewhere.
  • The Reward Claims Agent can now be accessed from the Home Page ("L" key by default). The character must have completed the tutorial to access this option.
HUD
  • Item Received notifications should now properly show the count of items gained.
  • Name plates no longer incorrectly show an enemy's name after taking damage if a player set them not to do so.
  • The Experience bar tooltip now shows relative XP values within your level. For example, if a character has just hit level 42, the tooltip should have close to 0 XP, along with the remaining XP to the next level.
  • The Report Player option is once again properly in the context menu that appears when interacting with a character in-world.
Inventory
  • Protected Items now pop a message when one attempts to donate them to the Stronghold coffer.
  • When refining and upgrading an item from a stack, if the resulting item can stack with other items in the inventory, it will.
Journal
  • There is now a "Collapse All" / "Expand All" action.
Map
  • If a single waypoint (such as a map transition) is used for lots of quests, the numbers corresponding to quest entries will no longer stretch across the screen.
Refinement
  • If upgrading an item would cause it to be bound, there is now a warning prompt to say so.
Utilities
  • CombatLog and ExportGuildMemberList are now actually CSV-compliant, instead of just looking like it.

Art, Effects, and Audio
Audio
  • Gelatinous Cube mounts are no longer quite as bloopy and blorbly.
Character Art
  • Chultan Merchant's Headwear now properly changes color when dyed.
  • There is no longer an unexpected gap in the mid-back of the Stalkwrapped Armor.

Localization
General
  • Another set of localization fixes has been made for French, German, Italian, and Russian locales.

Comments

• mamalion1234mamalion1234 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,415 Arc User
    Thank you cryptic for fixing bug abuses was long time but never is late.
    edited March 2018
    rjc9000 said:

terramak said:

Bye bye DPS GF
    :joy:
    terramak said:

Cradle of the Death God

• A logout delay has been enabled in Cradle of the Death God. If a player logs out while in the Cradle of the Death God, their character will remain present for a short time.
      • During that time it will be impossible to log back in and powers may continue to affect the character.

Hehehehe ... better start learning to dodge reloggers :joy:

---

So, decent fixes I guess.

Any news on fixing Combat Advantage by positioning?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1236444/combat-advantage-via-positioning-broken

Any progress within the past day or so on fixing the glaring design error of the Shadowstalker rings?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1238804/fane-of-the-night-serpent-not-giving-rings/p1
    I Would like to see the same delay for any content during combat at least in 5+ man content ( dungeons trials)>
  • meiramimeirami Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 423 Arc User
    No fix for Atropal getting moved around by the Vortex mount power or the Fane of the Night Serpent weekly not giving rings? Not even a word if the latter is WAI? :(
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    There is now a "Collapse All" / "Expand All" action.

Yeah! Thanks for putting this in!

There are some issues I'd like to bring to your attention:

1. Zero damage from weapon enchants when using SW Dreadtheft.

2. In ToNG, Withers has an attack that sweeps you away from the pedestal. The red circle showing the area of effect is wildly inaccurate. The actual radius of the attack is at least 50% larger than indicated.

3. The red circle of a Yuan-ti Zealot's fear attack is also inaccurate -- not by 50%, but by a significant amount, perhaps 25%.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    scathias said:

@terramak, can you guys please for the love of all the gods in neverwinter implement a freaking campfire before fighting Atropal? Having to redo the entire bloody elevator sequence every time the party wipes is insanely boring since it is horribly easy and ends up just being a waste of time.

And what is more, it very much prevents people from being able to practice how to deal with the push/pull mechanics because they get 1 try after 5 or 8 minutes of elevator fighting and then they need to either wait for the party to win without them, or for them to fail and then go through the whole thing over again. so you are easily looking at 15 minutes per 5 second attempt. It sucks sooooo bad. I'd love to try and manage the mechanic, i would, i also don't care to sit there doing literally nothing for 15 minutes at a time.

Seriously, we tried with a mostly new party today (myself included) and gave up after 2 tries because we (myself included) couldn't bare to deal with the tedium of the elevator again. I felt as if I could learn how to avoid falling, but not at that pace.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
  • talon1970talon1970 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 152 Arc User
    scathias said:

@terramak, can you guys please for the love of all the gods in neverwinter implement a freaking campfire before fighting Atropal? Having to redo the entire bloody elevator sequence every time the party wipes is insanely boring since it is horribly easy and ends up just being a waste of time.

And what is more, it very much prevents people from being able to practice how to deal with the push/pull mechanics because they get 1 try after 5 or 8 minutes of elevator fighting and then they need to either wait for the party to win without them, or for them to fail and then go through the whole thing over again. so you are easily looking at 15 minutes per 5 second attempt. It sucks sooooo bad. I'd love to try and manage the mechanic, i would, i also don't care to sit there doing literally nothing for 15 minutes at a time.

+1

This, especially for me as an little bit elder Person, not only my Libido is "not that good anymore" i am also simply starts lacking with my reactions in such cases.
    This means for me i need defenitly more practice, than maybe some younger people, and with every new try, during the next elevator phase i am getting more and more nervous, if i could handle the push/pull phase in the next try, and most the time i fail in the first or second phase.

So yes, an campfire before the boss starts fight would be appreciated, also for some cases to switch loadouts, for some classes between AoE and Single Target dps, switching weapons or Enchants, bc i mean you did and awesome Job with the loadout ability, but if we the players can't use it properly to maximise our abilitys..

• vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Get a campfire before atropal.

Why do you punish players if they fall off the ledge? It is a waste of time, and only serves to make us immensely disappointed. Not to mention netlag interfering with that pull/push mechanic. It is possibly the worst boss mechanic in the entire history of your game, IMO, because my location does not permit any error with lag.

It is discriminatory to people who live outside North America, or who have lag for whatever reason.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • ibithielibithiel Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    This is ridiculous devs..

So you can fix easily the relog thing in CODG but you don't fix things like:

- Weekly Fane of the Night Serpent not giving rings.
    - A hand holding you while the Atropal is doing the Push/Pull mechanic and you cannot do anything and it takes you down the hole.
    - Companions falling all the time. We have to relog and summon them quickly.
    - The Atropal gets full healed after we kill the Acererak
    - An area appears when the Atropal is going to do the push/pull and throws you to the air, and when you are in the air he drops you.
    - The sphere in the top platform to watch the teammates you just see Atropals "<font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>" (bum).
    - Etc...

But you don't fix the things that benefit the player, you guys just focus your efforts on nerffing our characters, our enchants, our companions, the drops, the rewards, fixing things that hinder us. You just fix what you guys <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> want and interest, not what players really need. There are threads and threads telling you what is bugged and what is wrong in the game, and you just care about what makes our playability harder.

Why don't you focus your efforts on fixing the Zen queue that has been there with thousands of demandants for so many modules? Those are things that we really need you guys to focus and not giving us a cooldown while we relog in CODG.

Please, be competent in your business, we are spending lots of hours in your game and many even investing money on it. Do your jobs. Thanks

By the way, I play with 5 chars in CODG and I don't do the relog thing with any of them. But I think it is ridiculous that you guys put effort on fixing that thing and not other things that are more important in the game and break it. Relogging isn't an issue in the game....

<font color="orange">HAMSTER filter manually applied by moderator.</font>
    Post edited by kreatyve on
  • termik2termik2 Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    terramak said:

What do you guys play with 300-500 ping internet problem? Will you be equal to a person who plays with 10-60 pings? I give an example if I stand in the middle of the platform and see if it passes directly through the platform.

• reeenatureeenatu Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    miguelfdz said:

We got HAMSTER again and still you don't care. This is the most important issues that are concerning the community.

1. Omuan tale carving don't have a 100% chance.
    2. The last weekly quest don't give a chance to get the ring.
    3. Atropal healing after acererak flee.
    4. No campfire before atropal.
    5. Companions should be able to summon in combat or better AI so they don't fall as brainless npc who uses /follow command.
    6. Acererak should stop trolling at the pull/push, hands and aoe that lifts you up make it impossible.
    7. When you kill the boss you can still be target by it's areas. If you open the chest and get killed by those attacks the coffer gets bugged and you can't claim any reward.
    You can get your reward, all you gotta do is leave the dungeon, and the loot will appear at your inventory. Hope i've helped.
  • lollopezlollopez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 9 Arc User
    Can you please give us news about Fane of the Night Serpent Ring ?
  • thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Map nodes for the maps that provide masterwork resources are different per instance. A player who opens a node and is unhappy with the results (for example getting silkworm cocoon instead of bronzewood logs) they got can, "reroll" their options by changing to another instance.
    rjc9000 said:

terramak said:

Bye bye DPS GF
    :joy:
    terramak said:

Cradle of the Death God

Hehehehe ... better start learning to dodge reloggers :joy:

---

So, decent fixes I guess.

Any news on fixing Combat Advantage by positioning?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1236444/combat-advantage-via-positioning-broken

Any progress within the past day or so on fixing the glaring design error of the Shadowstalker rings?
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1238804/fane-of-the-night-serpent-not-giving-rings/p1
    dps gf go nowhere bye bye to skilless guardians:P
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    terramak said:

Masterwork Neck set items now have a proper set name.

Well, that's fine....but....there are a few more masterwork-related issues that could (and should have been fixed:

The issue of the ignots

There is one annoying typo. You want to make Wottz Steel Ingots - but what you get are Wootz Steel Ignots

The issue of the Fanged Gear

Consider this item:

There are three things wrong with it.

First, it is named "Fanged Beaded Amulet", but it should be just "Fanged Amulet" - we have Bronzewood/Lichstone/Beaded/Fanged Waist Pieces, and Bronzewood/Lichstone/Beaded Amulets, so it would make sense for the final Amiulet to be named "Fanged Amulet".

Second, the set description says "Lichstone Amulet", where it should say "Masterwork III Neck Piece".

Third (and most importantly) just take a look at the AH prices for the MW III pieces. The Broncewood, Lichstone and beaded pieces sell for between 1 and 2 million AD per piece - a pretty fair price. The Fanged pieces sell for 10 times as much. That is simply not fair - basically, the various pieces suit differeent classes/builds, and those that favour the Fanged pieces are basically left out in the cold because that set is so much harder to make than the other three.

The real issue is of course with the allosaurs. The drop rate of their fangs seems to around 1%, and there not too many of them around - so farming 24 fangs takes a completely absurd amount of time.

I can see two possible solutions.

Either change the recipes to require, say 2 fangs instead of 12 or change the droprate to something like 10% instead of 1%.

Face it, it is just plain silly and unfair to have one of four sets being much, much harder to obtain than the other three.
    Post edited by adinosii on
    Hoping for improvements...
    edited March 2018
    adinosii said:

The real issue is of course with the allosaurs. The drop rate of their fangs seems to around 1%, and there not too many of them around - so farming 24 fangs takes a completely absurd amount of time.

I can see two possible solutions.

Either change the recipes to require, say 2 fangs instead of 12 or cange the droprate to something like 10% instead of 1%.

Face it, it is just plain silly and unfair to have one of four sets being much, much harder to obtain than the other three.

Who benefits most from the fanged (beaded) amulet, probably spellcasting classes that get most damage from encounters.

Which classes have been nerfed the most recently?

I doubt that this will be fixed in the future. Nothing is replied to in these forums.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    vordayn said:

I doubt that this will be fixed in the future.

Oh, it will. Allosaur fanged drop rate increased significantly, and the number required reduced to 6 instead of 12. So,we should have the fix in a week or two..yay!

Hoping for improvements...
  • brewaldbrewald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 212 Arc User
    I'd like this week, with all other fixs, Tyran hunt, Rings......
    Brewald - GWF 18.3k
    Eleonore - CW Mof Renegade 17.5k
    Harlgard le Vieux - OP Prot 18.3k
    Valrik - DC AC 18.2k
    Furiela - SW Temp 18.1k
    adinosii said:

vordayn said:

Oh, it will. Allosaur fanged drop rate increased significantly, and the number required reduced to 6 instead of 12. So,we should have the fix in a week or two..yay!

How do you know this? Did you see this on preview?
  • muminekm#3459 muminekm Member Posts: 248 Arc User
    vordayn said:

adinosii said:

vordayn said:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1239116/masterworks-v-something-should-be-looked-into

vordayn said:

adinosii said:

vordayn said:

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1239116/masterworks-v-something-should-be-looked-into
    Ah, thank you. That was a great response from asterdahl as well.
This discussion has been closed.