test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Problem with AOE Cradle of the death God

valandiltelemnarvalandiltelemnar Member Posts: 38 Arc User
edited April 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
I am very angry with Bugerwinter and Cryptic with this ride, and like me thousands of people. How did you HAMSTER made a dungeon with so many bugs/issues?

Please fix ASAP !!

- When the Atropal is inhaling a hand appears and you cannot do anything against that. The result? you are dead !!! WhatTF?
- But not only that... an aoe appears that throws you in the air, you cannot do anything and what's the result? you go down... you are dead !!! WhatTF?
- ALL the time the freaking companions disappear because of bad programming... and we cannot relog to resummon it. We are always in combat so we cannot summon our companions... WhatTF? (Suggestion... why don't you allow us to summon companion even if we are in combat? why? why not??????)
- The Atropal gets full healed after we kill the Acererak if a healing power is used. Even the freaking Lillieth heals it for more than a million of HP... WhatTF??

And you guys fix the reloging thing which didn't affect the game at all? Seriously? are you guys been serious? In my almost 5 years in Neverwinter this is the worst thing I've ever seen. I really feel ashamed of you guys, the way you guys deliver content... I've seen so many HAMSTER going on during all this years... but this is the worst by far. Really frustrating.

And not only that... you guys didn't fix the Fane of The Night Serpent weekly reward. It doesn't give you a ring... But of course you guys didn't have any issue putting a cooldown timer for people that relog in CODG... seriously... ridiculous...

Hamster filter manually applied by moderator.
Post edited by kreatyve on

Comments

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    These are exactly the most and worst bugs I experience myself all the time in every run. And i admit it is ... embarassing a bit.
    Maybe one to add, not obviously a bug but at least an annoyance, hard to believe it is ment to be that way.
    At 75-50-10% Atropal "dives" (if your dps is too low he goes endessly on after that).. but sometimes he forgets to dive?
    Taking his time, maybe checking his options idk, throwing all his aoe at you, standing at the edge waiting for the pull...10 seconds...
    Sometimes the pullphase starts in splitseconds...
    Intended that way? Guess not.
    Maybe this should be directed towards the bug section?
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    This whole trial should be overhauled. It is a massive fail.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • unthoughtknownunthoughtknown Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    I feel like it got much worse with the "fix" to relogging when in last week. More buggy for sure.
  • adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    It is a bit annoying....I mean, ToNG is just great ... properly hard, doable in a short time by a group of skilled, well-geared players, while it is a real challenge for an undergeared inexperienced group. I'd say they got the difficulty just right.

So, we were hoping for something similar.

CoDG on the other hand - during testing on preview people complained about the first parts being too easy, while the last part was just too hard (in particular if you have any lag during the push/pull phase. And, yes, people also complained that if you died, you had to go back to the beginning, instead of being able to just repeat the last phase.

The comments were largely ignored....and we got something that nobody really likes, but people run because they need the drops.....and just get frustrated.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • odnnauqodnnauq Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 67 Arc User
    Please at least give us a way to practice the push and pull mechanics (on our own or in a party). It is cruel right now to have a few who may have poor reflex or hand-eye coordination waste everyone time and there is no way to coach it. There is no "stay out of this area" or "run here" blah blah blah. I can see how this can create rancor for those who play regularly together. I may stop running this so I don't lose all my friends in this game.
  • lukejones77lukejones77 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 282 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    It's embarrassing.

Module 13 is essentially:

- Another copy-paste of the hunt mechanic, with a pyramid scheme of RNG. Many of us just avoid it.

- A new epic trial where the challenge should utilize your perfected class skills and hard-earned gear. Instead it's a Mario Bros platform mechanic that is completely insensitive to lag and the fact that some players live in countries with a 350ms+ built-in latency, and failure sends you back way too far to repeat the run.

- A lazy set of boons that just lets you pick more from the same list of the previous release, except you already got the ones that you wanted.

- The bad class balance has seen little improvement since module 12, with class representation in TONG still very badly skewed. A lot of players still feeling that their class has been screwed-over.

- And little things like the "Rewards" for levelling. Most of them are rubbish, but the one that was welcome, the occassional 30,000 rough AD, is now practically non-existent. It's become a "get ready for almost certain disappointment *again*" whenever you press that "Claim Reward" button.

We got together as a guild for "Cradle Practice", which was essentially our "Mod 13 event", untainted by the meta that dominated Mod 12.
    Within a couple of hours we'd wandered off unsatisfied with very little apparent interest in taking things any further, and I've noticed a fairly quiet time for logins since.
    A shame really, as we did enjoy the lead up mechanics quite a bit. I think the push-pull with a heavy reset is just very badly thought out.

Now, I get that the experienced DEVs are still off developing the new game, so the newer guys have mostly leveraged existing content (hunts, boons), but I think that they did pretty well with Cradle, up to the pull/push. Apply a little sensitivity and common sense (lag, people that don't live in the same city as the servers, people that didn't install Neverwinter to play a platform game...) - and you have a winner!
  • smegman#1430 smegman Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    The trial is such a fail, if they are too lazy to change too much at least make it so we can fight atropal over and over again without having to do the incredibly easy and boring first 10 minutes of the trial
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    A dev comment would be nice here.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR
  • trgluestickztrgluestickz Member Posts: 1,144 Arc User
    edited April 2018
    Removed moderator edited quote.

I agree about Cradle being in desperate need of some bugfixes. It also seems like the recent patch to Cradle made the bugs more common somehow.

There are also some side mechanics that are a death sentence if you are targeted by them durring the pull-push phase. Such as the other blast/knock attacks and the grasping hand. Since there is no way to survive these side mechanics durring the pull-push stage, they shouldn't happen at all durring the pull-push stage.

However, I disagree with players asking for the pull-push mechanic itself to be nerfed. The pull-push mechanic is actually fairly easy to counter and should be left as is. The issue is that right now, you have to restart the entire trial if your group dies at the boss and there are no other ways to pratice surviving the pull-push other than actually running the trial. This lack of chances to practice creates an unnecessary divide between endgame players. Anybody who doesn't figure out how to survive this mechanic really fast runs the risk of getting kicked by impatient groups who don't want to put up with less experienced players. Right now people are trying to pratice for this mechanic by doing organized practice runs, which are a needlessly time consuming, fustrating, and inefficient way to learn.

As for the log out exploit, I also firmly disagree with anyone saying it shouldn't have been fixed at all.
    However, the devs should have created a better way for people to practice for the pull-push mechanic BEFORE they took away the log out exploit.
    Post edited by kreatyve on
    --
    PVP Rogue,
    --[----- "Your friendly neighborhood spawn of Satan." -----]--
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    Main Character: Hurricane Marigolds (Rogue WK & Assassin)
    Ingame Handle: trgluestickz
    Discord Name: Hurricane🌀Marigolds#2563
    Guilds: She Looked LVL 18 & Essence of Aggression
    Alliances: Imperium & Order of the Silent Shroud
    Platform: PC
  • hustin1hustin1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,460 Arc User
    IMO the main problem with the boss fight is that it relies too heavily on a single mechanic (push-pull). Were it not for that, the fight would be a trivial DPS burn. Compounding the problem is that the mechanic in question is extremely sensitive to lag.

One way of looking at crafting a boss encounter is to look at "what player behavior are we trying to cause?" For example, Orcus in TONG gets players to think about assigning tasks to the players best able to handle them. Also, because of the time pressure on the temp HP boon, it pushes players to think carefully about which powers to use.

The fight with Withers appears intended to promote coordination (kill the dwarves to stop the special attacks), but the rate at which Withers uses the hand when outside of the bottom arena makes it more practical to simply burn him down. (If you're up on the elevated area, Withers hits you with the hand nonstop).

The fight with Ras Nsi appears centered on two aspects: to a lesser extent, player coordination and to a much greater extent understanding the cadence of the fight. Players have to coordinate to make sure to dispatch the Souls rapidly, but what's really important is knowing what attacks to anticipate and especially where to be in the fight area to prepare for them. Knowing that the (nominal) cadence is (1) circular paralysis swipe, (2) zap to edge with large AoE attack, (3) large AoE everywhere except near Nsi, (4), souls, (5) hands + floor tilt. Knowing instinctively that "this attack is coming next" and preparing in advance for it appears to be what the encounter is trying to promote.

What strategy is the fight with the Atropal trying to promote? It's not at all clear. While it's possible to anticipate the push-pull mechanic based on HP levels and/or elapsed time, the sensitivity to lag makes it a...less than optimal choice.
    Harper Chronicles: Cap Snatchers (RELEASED) - NW-DPUTABC6X
    Blood Magic (RELEASED) - NW-DUU2P7HCO
    Children of the Fey (RELEASED) - NW-DKSSAPFPF
    Buried Under Blacklake (WIP) - NW-DEDV2PAEP
    The Redcap Rebels (WIP) - NW-DO23AFHFH
    My Foundry playthrough channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/Ruskaga/featured
  • drakumeldrakumel Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    fix cradle , we know we are testers for the playstation version but at least get your feedback and fix em.cradle is nice but sadly we dont all live next to your servers so consider some lag we experience. Also i dont see a pay to win option in cradle and i am scared, wheres the zen thingy that will ancor me ???