test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Returning Player

jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
Hey Guy,

I was like away for awhile not sure exactly how long,
During my time the latest lock-box mount is Arcane Whirlwind .

I see familiar names and lots of post in forum,
Now that I have some free time thinking of pressing download button and giving this game another go.

Was there many changes and hard for a return player like me to catch up?

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Well, there are always changes - some good - others not so great. You mentioned the Arcane Whirlwind - well, that's the River District lockbox, so the biggest change for you will be the Chult campaign - and we got part 3 of that just recently.

This has brought new "end-game" content (ToNG and CoDG), new tiers of weapons and armors - so if you were a "BiS" player before, you have quite a bit of work ahead of you.

Good recent things include the new refinement system and the fashion tab.

Bad recent things include the design of the hunt system, with RNG on top of RNG on top of RNG...
    Hoping for improvements...
  • nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hi @jase2cool! You can also check out the Dev Blogs from M12 and M13. They are general overviews of what was in the Tomb of Annihilation and Lost City of Omu releases at launch. Some details may have been updated since launch due to player/community feedback but it's a good broad summary.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10560454
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10813434
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    You left out bonding stone nerfs, higher ranks for enchants, minor class ner...balancing, new queue system that was highly sought after by the player base, new stuff to grind for, new bugs to fill the void of the old bugs that were fixed by rocktober, etc.

Depending on opinions, the last 3 mods have either helped the game or completely taken it in the wrong direction. Download and give it a try and come to your own conclusion. Delete if the excitement is gone after a few hours because the last 3 mods are basically the same regurgitated content with one new dungeon/skirm to run per mod.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    edited March 2018

You left out bonding stone nerfs, higher ranks for enchants, minor class ner...balancing, new queue system that was highly sought after by the player base, new stuff to grind for, new bugs to fill the void of the old bugs that were fixed by rocktober, etc.

Depending on opinions, the last 3 mods have either helped the game or completely taken it in the wrong direction. Download and give it a try and come to your own conclusion. Delete if the excitement is gone after a few hours because the last 3 mods are basically the same regurgitated content with one new dungeon/skirm to run per mod.

Thanks for the info guys ...
    Seems lots changes..and glad the community still growing strong...was wandering ...

class nerf..gwf and paladin still playable?

FInally...bonding is gone guess here goes my bonding stones and Augmentation...what is top on the line at the momment?

Did lightning , bilethorn still alive or dps need fall back to vapor?
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    jase2cool said:

Thanks for the info guys ...
    Seems lots changes..and glad the community still growing strong...was wandering ...

class nerf..gwf and paladin still playable?

FInally...bonding is gone guess here goes my bonding stones and Augmentation...what is top on the line at the momment?

GWF and Paladin are playable.
    Bonding is not gone. It is still BiS.
    Lightning is still good.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • vordaynvordayn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,283 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    jase2cool said:

Depends what class you play. On my CW now, lightning only does about 4% of my DPS. Previously, IIRC, it was doing 18-20% of my damage.

I am trying to read exactly what happened to it (I read somewhere that certain powers don't proc it as much). But why the Devs did it, I'm still not entirely sure -the changes or proposed changes were happening while I also took a break from the game.

I do not think other classes are as badly affected with the Lightning enchantment changes as was the CW.
    Vordon CW        Vordayn DC        Axel Wolfric GWF        Logain SW        Gawyn GF        Galad OP        Aspen Darkfire HR        Min TR