test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Another thing I just found! [Lost and Found]

callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User
Really there is a definite lack in communication between the game and players as in this...

I saw [by chance] on the log in screen a thing called an Omu Treasure Cache. "Ahh more stuff to buy from the Zen market" I thought and ignored it.

Then one time out of boredom I thought I would read the whole blog post.

"Ahh it looks like its free?" I mused to myself. "Must go see this so called Rewards Claim Agent in Protectors Enclave".

And then oh my word!

I have been playing two years and this was THE FIRST TIME I visited this dude and he had loads of cool stuff for me - Enchanted Keys, some Preservation Wards, a couple of companions and more... I was amazed that all this stuff was sitting there just waiting for me and I never knew a THING about it!

So players - go check out the Rewards Claim Agent in Protectors Enclave you might have stuff waiting there for you!

Devs and PR people, maybe make this a bit more obvious to the players please?

Comments

• plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,208 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    Almost in every introduction of new mod, there is a free package available to pick up from the claim agent per account. I knew about the pack before mod 13 landed and I don't remember where I read that from.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • icarlcicarlc Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Thanks for reminding me. Once the server's back up, I will check.
  • litaaerslitaaers Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 871 Arc User
    I don't want to sound negative, but if they are showing it at the top of the login screen when you start the game, where else could they put such things that would be *more* appropriate? You would have to see it (and ignore it) everytime you played for this to be an issue.

I ask, not to complain, but to ask where whould be 'better'? If people avoid reading the news behind the headline, what more can they do?
  • callumf#9018 callumf Member Posts: 1,710 Arc User

litaaers said:

I don't want to sound negative, but if they are showing it at the top of the login screen when you start the game, where else could they put such things that would be *more* appropriate? You would have to see it (and ignore it) everytime you played for this to be an issue.

I ask, not to complain, but to ask where whould be 'better'? If people avoid reading the news behind the headline, what more can they do?

My first knee jerk thinking would be Mail.
    Or a system message when you log in?

<<You Have Rewards Waiting for you at the Reward Claims Agent in the Protectors Enclave>>

The problem is there are so many little things like this - how to start Omu for example.

Also I just discovered the Omu weeklies - purely by looking around. I went to Celeste... no she didnt have them ... but theres a new dude in the villa who gives them out!
    edited March 2018

litaaers said:

My first knee jerk thinking would be Mail.
    Or a system message when you log in?

<<You Have Rewards Waiting for you at the Reward Claims Agent in the Protectors Enclave>>

The problem is there are so many little things like this - how to start Omu for example.

Also I just discovered the Omu weeklies - purely by looking around. I went to Celeste... no she didnt have them ... but theres a new dude in the villa who gives them out!
    I won't be able to "see" the system message. The same as I won't be able to "see" the message in the login screen.

When I bring up the login screen, I just type the password and not looking at all. (Yes, my fault).
    When I login to character, I won't see the system message because I moved that away. (Yes, my fault).

If the message keeps coming in every login just because I do not want to claim that at that moment (because I have not decided which toon should get it), I will bug the hell out of me. I login character for at least 60 times per day. I certainly will see it but I will hate it. Even now, I have not picked that pack up because I still have not decided who should have it.

If the message only comes up once, I certainly will not see it because I would just [ctrl-i], switch character and not even looking at the monitor.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
    ^ Fair enough - so mail is probably a better solution to dev to player communications
    edited March 2018
    kreatyve said:

^ Fair enough - so mail is probably a better solution to dev to player communications

I would rather not have the mailings. Any time I create a new player on PC, my mailbox get spammed with over 50 mails from various promo codes and packs I have bought. They have added a few ways to the game to try to get players to check the rewards claim agent - the class artifacts come to mind. I honestly can't see how anyone can play for a long period of time without ever checking it.

Also - there was a Blog post regarding the treasure pack. I think they may have tweeted about it too.
    It is an one time only account wide mail. Just like the mail they send out when they shut down gateway. Your new character would not see that mail. Know where to check is not a problem. Remember when to check is. Although I know about the pack, I don't have tweeter account and I don't read blog post. For those who have tweeter account, it does not mean they have to follow it.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    A global message would be fine. Repeating once every 30 minutes
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    kreatyve said:

I would rather not have the mailings. Any time I create a new player on PC, my mailbox get spammed with over 50 mails from various promo codes and packs I have bought. They have added a few ways to the game to try to get players to check the rewards claim agent - the class artifacts come to mind. I honestly can't see how anyone can play for a long period of time without ever checking it.

Also - there was a Blog post regarding the treasure pack. I think they may have tweeted about it too.
    I would say that the lack of communication on where to find the NEW CAMPAIGN starting point alone shows a lack of understanding from the dev team. A nice email to the character ONE OFF saying - go see Celeste in Port Nyaranrazu as she needs help in the Lost City of Omu or somethign would be nice.

A global message would be fine. Repeating once every 30 minutes

Noooooo! You mean it will not stop telling me what I know already.
  • mystar#5733 mystar Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    How about just putting any rewards the claim agent has in the quest journal under the PE section?
  • sgaddis13#3703 sgaddis13 Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

As a console player, I play with people who have never set virtual foot on the web site or forums. They know what they know from playing, and if no one mentions the rewards agent, they have no idea he is there.

I agree that there should be a message sent in the mail for the cache AND for the new zones. The game still sends messages from the lower level zones telling a player to visit So and So and Whosiwhat'sit once they hit a certain level, so I don't see why a message can't go out for newer content.
    grrouper said:

Or maybe a quest from sergeant Knox sending players to the reward claims agent would help. Yet was it just me that did not see anything in Omus quest line to send us back to port to get the weeklies from that girl. I was pretty ticked when i found out way later when i could have had some of that time going towards the weekly cap.

Yes same thign happened to me.
    edited March 2018

grrouper said:

Or maybe a quest from sergeant Knox sending players to the reward claims agent would help. Yet was it just me that did not see anything in Omus quest line to send us back to port to get the weeklies from that girl. I was pretty ticked when i found out way later when i could have had some of that time going towards the weekly cap.

Yes same thign happened to me.
    In addition, there is an extra quest added when you raise the 'advance' level. i.e. the HE quest and the supply quest (which is not shown in the Omu section of the Journal). If you advance the campaign in omu, you may not know there is a 25 point quest waiting for you and labouring 5 points a time in the Omu.
    edited March 2018

In a future update you will notice a button on that page which allows you to access the Reward Claims Agent directly. That should help teach everyone about those freebies.

Well, your "future update" is now. There is a button "Claim Valuables" in the Home page that send you to Claim agent right now.
    Type 'L' to see it. :)
  • noworries#8859 noworries Member, Cryptic Developer Posts: 651 Cryptic Developer

In a future update you will notice a button on that page which allows you to access the Reward Claims Agent directly. That should help teach everyone about those freebies.

Well, your "future update" is now. There is a button "Claim Valuables" in the Home page that send you to Claim agent right now.
    Type 'L' to see it. :)
    Sometimes it is tough to remember exactly which update changes are going out in :smile: , so yes all of what I said above is on the Home Page now, on PC at least. And future modules will have more changes to that page, hopefully making it even more accessible and useful.
  • sgtpostal#4408 sgtpostal Member Posts: 379 Arc User
    ya know honestly to me it jus sounds like people take advantage of their ablities (i.e vision, hearing etc) sounds to me like thier jus not paying attention to stuff. coming from someone with disablities to deal with.... cant pass grades in school an graduate if u dont pay attention... well same principle here...... cant find out about stuff or learn about something if one does not pay attention to stuff or do your "homework"..... jus saying