test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Boy! I thought I was shot by a machine gun (OMU/Chult quests were reset)

plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
edited March 2018 in General Discussion (PC)
Login to the character with my headphone on. 13 chult/omu quests were out-of-date. Each entry creates about 3 bang sound in rapid rate and I was not looking at the monitor. Almost spill my coffee. I don't need coffee anymore after that excitement.
*** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
Post edited by plasticbat on

Comments

• tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator
    I had the sound off when logging in, but there was a huge wall of red text indicating the quest resets. Suggestion: Change the UI notification to a single message, something like, "Some quests have been reset. See system notifications for details. We apologize for the inconvenience."
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,182 Arc User
    edited March 2018

I had the sound off when logging in, but there was a huge wall of red text indicating the quest resets. Suggestion: Change the UI notification to a single message, something like, "Some quests have been reset. See system notifications for details. We apologize for the inconvenience."

I am not sure it was the system message making the sound. That sounded like the 'new quest' sound like after you accept a new quest. i.e. I suspect the "reset" created new quests and that made the sound.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • manufracturemanufracture Member Posts: 92 Arc User

Login to the character with my headphone on. 13 chult/omu quests were out-of-date. Each entry creates about 3 bang sound in rapid rate and I was not looking at the monitor. Almost spill my coffee. I don't need coffee anymore after that excitement.

Thanx for the headsup - Slowly removes headset before logging in :)

• nitocris83nitocris83 Member, Cryptic Developer, Administrator Posts: 4,495 Cryptic Developer
    Hey @plasticbat! Thanks for the feedback. I passed it on to the team and they are curious as to what quests you had out of date since 13 seems a bit high. We want to make sure nothing else odd is going on other than the notifications being startling :)
    edited March 2018

Hey @plasticbat! Thanks for the feedback. I passed it on to the team and they are curious as to what quests you had out of date since 13 seems a bit high. We want to make sure nothing else odd is going on other than the notifications being startling :)

All of them are from either Chult or Omu. Mostly, patrol quests. Not just one toon, I have 6 toons doing that. Each have more than 10. Mostly, 13. I counted the red messages in the chat windows.
  • pitshadepitshade Member Posts: 5,665 Arc User
    Guessing that 13 refers to the mod number.
    "We have always been at war with Dread Vault" ~ Little Brother
    I collect all 6 patrols on each character and then do them in turn throughout the week. Add 4 weeklies, the daily and 2 Omu quests would be 13. More with the found quests, but I don't stockpile those. But yeah I can see 13.
  • minotaur2857minotaur2857 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,141 Arc User
    Same, 2x6 patrols and one event quest from an event that wasn't on.
  • nisckisnisckis Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 655 Arc User
    r000kie said:

There are 6 patrols mission in each area - so 12 in total. Some of us like to collect them all and do them in one bunch. I lost some already completed which I did not turned in (luckily just a couple)

For some reason I have lost all finished patrols and mission from the open zones that I had already done in advance for next week :(

Could we know what was changed on the missions for resetting them?

If I would have got the rewards from the "to return" missions I wouldn't mind that much, but losing them completely makes me sad
  • lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User

I had the same issue, and with patrol quests only from omu and chult.
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    edited March 2018

I passed it on to the team and they are curious as to what quests you had out of date since 13 seems a bit high

[19:53] [Error] Your quest "An Eminent Guest at the Jubilee" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    [19:53] [Error] Your quest "Ancient Magic (Patrol)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    [19:53] [Error] Your quest "Hidden Treasures (Patrol)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    [19:53] [Error] Your quest "Out-Pirate the Pirates (Patrol) " is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    [19:53] [Error] Your quest "Pillaging the Pirates (Patrol)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    [19:53] [Error] Your quest "Hunt and Gather (Patrol)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience.
    [19:53] [Error] Your quest "Recovering Trade Goods (Patrol)" is out-of-date and will be automatically restarted. We apologize for the inconvenience.

I didn't have any patrols from Omu on this toon, but I think I may remember the same for Omu patrols on other toons.
    Post edited by dupeks on
  • asterotgasterotg Member Posts: 1,742 Arc User
    All my Omu patrol quests were reset. 24 in total. I would understand it, if they would not want us to prefarm them, but this is just a waste of time. I did spent most of my play time collecting and finishing this quests and was somehow upset, when they all got reset.
    Chars: CW, DC, GF, GWF, HR and TR.
    My Omu patrols were reset on the one character who had not done them. Everyone else had completed and turned theirs in.
  • mattemen36mattemen36 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I got the same message when I logged in, it said that all the quests were out of date... Strangely enough, Ekene-Afa won't give me anymore patrol quests. It doesn't even show the wait period until I can get them again they're completely not even showing.

I got the same message when I logged in, it said that all the quests were out of date... Strangely enough, Ekene-Afa won't give me anymore patrol quests. It doesn't even show the wait period until I can get them again they're completely not even showing.

It said it is out-of-date and "will be automatically restarted". That means if you had the quest, you will have that quest in your journal to complete.
  • mattemen36mattemen36 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    No I can't even grab anymore patrol quests, they aren't even showing up but I have the 6x weekly.

No I can't even grab anymore patrol quests, they aren't even showing up but I have the 6x weekly.

You mean you don't even see the patrol quest in your journal. If that is the case, you should report that in "Bug Report" forum.