test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Mod 13: orcus set or more power share?

dairyzeusdairyzeus Member Posts: 304 Arc User
For a Tankadin, anyone have any opinions on what's better? I'm trying to decide whether or not to invest in an orcus set this weekend.

These are the options I'm thinking are viable:

Fanged Beaded Amulet and Skull Lord's Sash (2800 power, arm pen/crit/recovery secondary stats, and 2 WIS 2 CHAR). Nice balance of high power share and good all around stats.

Mantal of Atropal Essence and Cincture of Atropal Essence (Max power share)

Demo set (Lowest power share, highest personal damage)

Comments

• Options
    anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    Hello,
    I think this combination will be better than orcus for OP power share in 13 mod:

- Fanged Beaded Amulet (Item Level: 500)

Equip: Increases Action Points by 4% every 3 seconds while in combat.
    Equip: +1,400 Power
    Equip: +879 Critical Strike
    Equip: +879 Recovery

- Beaded Sash (Item Level: 500)

Equip: +2 INT +2 CHA

+ Bonus part of set Masterwork III Equipment Set (2/2)
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    Demo set because Butter Knife Nuking never gets old. Sure, you lose a little bit of Power, but it won't be noticeable to most teams.

Also, the Fanged Beaded Amulet can go **** itself because of its needed 24 Allosaur Fangs.

• Options
    anoreksja said:

Hello,
    I think this combination will be better than orcus for OP power share in 13 mod:

- Fanged Beaded Amulet (Item Level: 500)

Equip: Increases Action Points by 4% every 3 seconds while in combat.

- Beaded Sash (Item Level: 500)

Equip: +2 INT +2 CHA

+ Bonus part of set Masterwork III Equipment Set (2/2)

I was thinking skull lord's over beaded sash because skull lords has armor pen which I typically find more useful than recovery, and wisdom is much better than int.

However, I completely forgot about the set bonus, which is actually a pretty large recovery boost.

It's probably pretty close between the two options. Masterwork would undoubtedly be better if someone also plans on being able to baneadin, but I don't ever plan on going that route.
  • Options
    rjc9000 said:

Demo set because Butter Knife Nuking never gets old. Sure, you lose a little bit of Power, but it won't be noticeable to most teams.

Also, the Fanged Beaded Amulet can go **** itself because of its needed 24 Allosaur Fangs.

My impatient self and my dps loving self want to agree with you, but I've preached for so long that power sharers should min-max their shareable power...
  • Options
    fightdawalrus#5058 fightdawalrus Member Posts: 114 Arc User
    Im not ready to give up my Orcus set.

:(
  • Options
    anoreksjaanoreksja Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    edited March 2018
    If only you can get MW3 sash + amulet, I think you will not feel the difference in dealing damage. The significant increase power with MW3 set will compensate for the damage of the Orcus set. You will get a better Recovery and Movement bonus. Thanks to this, you can replace the Orcus artifact with something much better for our OP class <3

Unfortunately, the MW3 set is still very expensive : c
  • Options
    benyrbenyr Member Posts: 238 Arc User
    Just completed all the MW level 5 crafting skills and in the process of making myself a full set of new gear. Ive decided to go down the beaded amulet and sash route (note the beaded and fanged sets are 2 different sets) as the new MW gear for OPs is light on arpen, and the fanged set doesnt offer any arpen either. I was looking at a 4500 reduction in arpen taking me down to around an unacceptable 60% resistance ignored. The beaded set comes with arpen, and along with some alterations to my pet enchants allows me to keep my arpen at 85%, crit chance at 100% whilst seeing about a 2000 point uplift in recovery and over 5000 uplift in power.